What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Mojo

Bench
Endless bloody contract crap talk. Poorly managed clubs end up with cast-offs (players, coaches, managers and administrators) and well managed clubs go from strength to strength. Rugby league is a game of passion and belief. Cattle-trading has all but killed it. Who can we buy / sell, for how much, who from, who to?

And piss off with your stupid, touch footy rules and your stupid super slowmo cameras.

Fk off! I want to watch the game!

Dragon David

First Grade
Endless bloody contract crap talk. Poorly managed clubs end up with cast-offs (players, coaches, managers and administrators) and well managed clubs go from strength to strength. Rugby league is a game of passion and belief. Cattle-trading has all but killed it. Who can we buy / sell, for how much, who from, who to?

And piss off with your stupid, touch footy rules and your stupid super slowmo cameras.

Fk off! I want to watch the game!
Best to avoid looking at the sporting news regarding these contracts crap and watch highlights of games so that you can pick and choose the parts you want to see.

Reactions: jak

Dragon David

First Grade
Two weeks me, antibiotics now to relieve chest infection. All the best DD.
CC
Thanks CC. Because I have an underlying COPD condition with my lungs and I am over 65, my GP gave me a script for a special antiviral drug to take over 5 days - 4 capsules in the morning and 4 at night. There are criteria that needs to be met before the drug is prescribed and is very expensive - luckily I have a health care card and only had to pay $5.60 which is good.

I hope your chest infection is improving with the antibiotics CC.
Cheers DD

Como Connection

First Grade
Thanks CC. Because I have an underlying COPD condition with my lungs and I am over 65, my GP gave me a script for a special antiviral drug to take over 5 days - 4 capsules in the morning and 4 at night. There are criteria that needs to be met before the drug is prescribed and is very expensive - luckily I have a health care card and only had to pay $5.60 which is good.

I hope your chest infection is improving with the antibiotics CC.
Cheers DD
Do your best DD, I am improving after only 2 tablets so seems positive.
CC

be55

Juniors
A rumour about Flanagan and his future and it looks like we've locked up some more promising kids from the gong...Wish @George Dragon was still posting so we could get the inside word on them.

Looks like all three played in the Steelers Harold Matthews Cup side that played Parramatta on Saturday...Still only babies...Long way to go to 1st grade.

Last edited:

randomdragon

Juniors
A rumour about Flanagan and his future and it looks like we've locked up some more promising kids from the gong...Wish @George Dragon was still posting so we could get the inside word on them.

Looks like all three played in the Steelers Harold Matthews Cup side that played Parramatta on Saturday...Still only babies...Long way to go to 1st grade.

yep, this is all the shit people dont see. yes results arent great at the moment but the club is in a much better position now than in the last 10 years.

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors

I remember George mention these signings in the off-season as usual ahead of the game
Agree he is missed

Dragon David

First Grade

Not so sure about our future. Maybe the young ones will blossom in time, but you see and hear about the other clubs with their juniors and reserves doing well - like the Eels beating the Steelers on the weekend fairly easily and our reserves getting thrashed with some of the juniors playing. Why aren't we performing like we had hoped for? Who is/are the club's football manager(s)? Jamie Soward seems to be the successful one so far this year. How much credit will the club give him?

I thought our dark days were going to disappear when we got rid of Mary? The question is "Who is the weakest link?" and what is the club doing about it because before you know it, most of the season will be over and we will continue to be in the dark?

Dragon David

First Grade
yep, this is all the shit people dont see. yes results arent great at the moment but the club is in a much better position now than in the last 10 years.
Do you really think so random? Do you really see us winning more matches than we lose and will we be competitive against all of the teams in the remaining 20 games?

I hope you're right and will refer to this post in late September.

randomdragon

Juniors
Do you really think so random? Do you really see us winning more matches than we lose and will we be competitive against all of the teams in the remaining 20 games?

I hope you're right and will refer to this post in late September.
Yes I honestly do. I have faith in hook and am not going to beat the drums after 3 tough games against 3 very good opponents. I’m certain once combinations are formed dragons will pick up the pace

possm

Coach
Not so sure about our future. Maybe the young ones will blossom in time, but you see and hear about the other clubs with their juniors and reserves doing well - like the Eels beating the Steelers on the weekend fairly easily and our reserves getting thrashed with some of the juniors playing. Why aren't we performing like we had hoped for? Who is/are the club's football manager(s)? Jamie Soward seems to be the successful one so far this year. How much credit will the club give him?

I thought our dark days were going to disappear when we got rid of Mary? The question is "Who is the weakest link?" and what is the club doing about it because before you know it, most of the season will be over and we will continue to be in the dark?
I'd say the mix in our squad should be a few Marquee players and up can coming young talented juniors.

This whole idea of recruiting ineffective former first-grade players who are at the tail end of their careers and or recruiting discards from other clubs is a bad policy.

We have only one marquee player (Ben Hunt) who in my view is playing in the wrong position and who is not playing consistently in good form.

It is now clear to me that assumptions made in the off-season with regards to many of the forwards recruited for 2022, have been realised and so can be considered poor signings.

We still need a good spine to provide results while our young guns are developing their skill in reserve grade. We need a marquee:
Fullback
Halfback
Prop
Edge forward.

So, for 2023, I'd like to see us sign at least two marquee players and one really good halfback. Maybe;

Fullback Ponga 1m approx.
Prop Haas 1m approx.
Halfback Flannigan 400k

Also, sign Flannigan's father as our reserve grade coach.

Crush

Coach
I'd say the mix in our squad should be a few Marquee players and up can coming young talented juniors.

This whole idea of recruiting ineffective former first-grade players who are at the tail end of their careers and or recruiting discards from other clubs is a bad policy.

We have only one marquee player (Ben Hunt) who in my view is playing in the wrong position and who is not playing consistently in good form.

It is now clear to me that assumptions made in the off-season with regards to many of the forwards recruited for 2022, have been realised and so can be considered poor signings.

We still need a good spine to provide results while our young guns are developing their skill in reserve grade. We need a marquee:
Fullback
Halfback
Prop
Edge forward.

So, for 2023, I'd like to see us sign at least two marquee players and one really good halfback. Maybe;

Prop Haas 1m approx.
Halfback Flannigan 400k

Possm, what makes you think Flannigan is a good prospect for halfback? The bloke can’t get a run at dogs, why should he be our halfback?
Nobody wants him.

Rocket Rod

Juniors

Fullback
Halfback
Prop
Edge forward.

Prop Haas 1m approx.
Halfback Flannigan 400k

All that makes too much sense for our ineffectual board to contend with I’m afraid crush

be55

Juniors

Prop Haas 1m approx.
Halfback Flannigan 400k

The Office Laughing GIF

denis preston

First Grade

Dragons lock up promising youngsters​

The Dragons' recruitment has long been criticised but the club is working hard at grass roots level and has signed three promising teenagers from well known league nursery Edmund Rice College in Wollongong.

Daniel Meafou, a lock, fullback Tom Kirk and prop Letham Manago have all come into the Dragons' system and are signed until the end of 2024.

Club officials are confident all three have what it takes and will bring them slowly through the grades in coming years.

URL SOURCE:

What we need is a child prodigy hooker to go straight into NRL !! I know all clubs do this but it is always good to hear that we are planning for the future. Wonder if these signings were Flanagan's first in his new role ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jak