What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Coffs dragon

Bench
That Sam Verrills is a great player & clever dummy half, but he would end his promising career coming to the Dragons.
The Roosters don’t lose too many good players & I’m sure coach Robinson would like a Verrills/Smith combo in 2023.
We’ll be left with Macca the senior slug, cause he has a combination with Hunt. Geez!

randomdragon

Juniors
That Sam Verrills is a great player & clever dummy half, but he would end his promising career coming to the Dragons.
The Roosters don’t lose too many good players & I’m sure coach Robinson would like a Verrills/Smith combo in 2023.
We’ll be left with Macca the senior slug, cause he has a combination with Hunt. Geez!
Wrong. Roosters have Watson and young lussick too.

Dragon David

First Grade
Verrills is currently out with a broken thumb and Watson is relieving him until Sam is fit to return which is likely to be in round 6.

"Verrills is contracted until 2024, but with Brandon Smith arriving next season he was keen to have a big year to impress NRL rivals or Roosters coach Trent Robinson."

He is no slouch and we would benefit with his inclusion in our squad. Would he want to come to us though, that is the $550K question?

I'm Hornby

Juniors
The mail will always be late if Hook's delivering it. Gives the impression that he still relies on the bush telegraph.
What because Griffin isn't a Rhodes scholar does that mean he doesn't deserve to be an NRL coach? Sick of reading demeaning comments about our coach's intelligence, give it a break and find a new way to critique him.

Last edited:

randomdragon

Juniors
Interesting to note that tigers have signed another hooker to their squad for next year. They will have 4 hookers capable of playing first regrade next year. Surely one has to go, would love Simpkin.

Mojo

Bench
What because Griffin isn't a Rhodes scholar does that mean he doesn't deserve to be an NRL coach? Sick of reading demeaning comments about our coach's intelligence, give it a break and find a new way to critique him.
My comment was neither demeaning nor a comment on Hook's intelligence or education. The definition of the ‘bush telegraph‘ is actually ‘an efficient way of gathering and circulating information without broadcasting it.‘ It’s a comment on his laconic personality, which I greatly prefer to many of the more outspoken coaches and players. He’s very similar to Wayne Bennett as a personality. It doesn’t surprise me that Gus Gould and he don’t get along (apparently). I also didn’t say he doesn’t deserve to be an NRL coach.
i wouldn’t normally respond except for the fact that, unlike many, I quite deliberately don’t post demeaning comments. Thanks.

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench
My comment was neither demeaning nor a comment on Hook's intelligence or education. The definition of the ‘bush telegraph‘ is actually ‘an efficient way of gathering and circulating information without broadcasting it.‘ It’s a comment on his laconic personality, which I greatly prefer to many of the more outspoken coaches and players. He’s very similar to Wayne Bennett as a personality. It doesn’t surprise me that Gus Gould and he don’t get along (apparently). I also didn’t say he doesn’t deserve to be an NRL coach.
i wouldn’t normally respond except for the fact that, unlike many, I quite deliberately don’t post demeaning comments. Thanks.
also this is a way for members of this forum to question a coaches reasons for selection and maybe gameplans, attitudes etc. much like the media does, it doesn't mean we are questioning his intelligence, just questioning his motives, which on a public forum we are entitled to do without demeaning or degrading him personally.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
That's pretty demeaning.

Verrills is a far better dummy half than the both of them.
Save some money by giving a local junior a crack at the NRL instead of an import. I speak of Connor Mulheisen who is one of the few bright spots we have in Ressies. He is currently topping the comp tackle count, averages 18 mts when runs from dummy half and gives good service. All things the current human statue lacks.

Jack Bird could be on his way back to the Brydens Lawyers NSW Blues fold, according to True Blue Luke Lewis, but this time as a forward.

Lewis you were a good player, better than Bird will ever be. But you have your wires crossed if you think he is still rep quality.

justadragon

Bench
Save some money by giving a local junior a crack at the NRL instead of an import. I speak of Connor Mulheisen who is one of the few bright spots we have in Ressies. He is currently topping the comp tackle count, averages 18 mts when runs from dummy half and gives good service. All things the current human statue lacks.
i agree that we need to get someone in at 9 but i think if a miricle happens and you have sloan sullivan amone and now mulheisen, that would be a complete rookie spine, you have seen what has happened to sloan and amone already,

Anon

Bench
I reckon he's a great hooker and should be accelerated into first grade. (I know there's 50 rules and regulations that make this impossible, which IMO is just more typical NRL bs). I'm not a believer in the 'too soon for a young guy' theory. They're either good footy players or not. Go for it.
The NRL might strip all our points if we play him 🤣🤣🤣