What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

kit66

Bench
Connor Muhleisen is topping his comps tackle count. Makes on average 18 metres from dummy half. Gives good service. Bloody good stats for a hooker. He is one Dragon not shirking it in a team traveling poorly.

Have you seen our for and against in Reserves , 34 for , 180 against , diff -146
Thats an average of 8.5 for and 45 against.
I'd say all we do all game is tackle.......well that and miss tackles, obviously.
I don't think young Connor is going to answer your prayers any time soon.

be55

Juniors
Telegraph article stating that we are potentially looking at signing Sam Verrills from the Sydney Roosters
Yes Please GIF by MOODMAN

Wow...that would be ideal if we could land his signature...forget about climate change protesters holding up traffic, if we signed him i'd fair dinkum be doing cartwheels up and down George St in celebration.

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
Not sure why this is news again as they were signed up 6 months ago.

Tom Kirk is a lanky kid who plays fullback and wing. His height and speed gives him a good chance of stepping up. The highlights of Saturday games show him scoring two tries.
Daniel and Letham are sold forwards who hit hard, still too early to judge them.
All 3 have played schoolboys rep too.

My player to watch is Corey Ackers from Dragons Matts, the kid hits like a axe and is developing some good ball skills. Only 17 but spent the pre season training with the Flegg boys.

Steelers SG player Jacob Webster is a standout, plays similar to Coric and has led the side up front.
Travis Barrett Hancock is also on the radar, always give 100% and is a natural leader can play edge or middle.

While we are at it, Coric has stood up in a poor Ressie side
Shereb has been ok, but hasn't had much chance on the edge with the team going backwards.
Muhleisen defence has been great, he is a solid player but I don't think he is our answer to 9.
Alex Lobb has played Flegg and Ressie and at about 6"4 and putting on some size now, could be a great winger, plus can kick goals.

Cheers all.
Thanks @George Dragon as usual for you info on our youngsters.

Connor Muhleisen is topping his comps tackle count. Makes on average 18 metres from dummy half. Gives good service. Bloody good stats for a hooker. He is one Dragon not shirking it in a team traveling poorly.
Yet Griffin is looking outside the club for a hooker.

Hey c'mon back a local junior first before resorting to imports. Then please lay off the human statue.

Last edited:

SAP58

Juniors
"Muhleisen defence has been great, he is a solid player but I don't think he is our answer to 9."

Thats a shame @George Dragon, interested in why you dont think Muhleisen can progress ? Is that your thoughts on him short term & can develop in time.... or you dont think he is the answer long term as well ? I have been impressed with what he has shown earlier this year in the trials but you have seen a lot more of him than I have.

denis preston

First Grade
Yet Griffin is looking outside the club for a hooker.

Hey c'mon back a local junior first before resorting to imports. Then please lay off the human statue.
Geez, this is precisely why the club cant win with some of it's "supporters ". We whinge that our present no 9 is not up to it and M'bye isnt as well , Mulheisen is too young so we look for a solution outside the club and we still criticise it.