What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

denis preston

First Grade
Agree re Ramsey, we'll have to wait and see who wins that fullback battle in the long run. Regarding Feagai, i'm not merely being lazy and saying he's overtaken rava only because of his amazing try in the last round. If you watch closely, feagai was doing that sort of tackle busting and stepping all year. His try against Newcastle is a perfect example and he set up a couple of tries as well through busting tackles on the play prior to a try being scored. This sort of thing goes much unnoticed. He's so criminally underrated it's not funny. Great footwork, strength, and he's quicker than rava too. For someone in his first full year of grade, Feagai was in the top 50 tackle breakers in the NRL (42nd). Even more impressive, he was 4th in the nrl for line breaks. He's also extremely safe under the high ball and was our top try scorer, despite a clear preference from the team (especially once Suli got injured) to go to Lomax's side of the field more than the left. All in all, I'd say his work is very under appreciated and due to everything above, i believe he's the first winger picked.
Fair summation Parko. Still think Sloan has to be brought on via wing ( like a lot of great 1’s ) How they work that out I don’t know.

BLM01

First Grade
Agree re Ramsey, we'll have to wait and see who wins that fullback battle in the long run. Regarding Feagai, i'm not merely being lazy and saying he's overtaken rava only because of his amazing try in the last round. If you watch closely, feagai was doing that sort of tackle busting and stepping all year. His try against Newcastle is a perfect example and he set up a couple of tries as well through busting tackles on the play prior to a try being scored. This sort of thing goes much unnoticed. He's so criminally underrated it's not funny. Great footwork, strength, and he's quicker than rava too. For someone in his first full year of grade, Feagai was in the top 50 tackle breakers in the NRL (42nd). Even more impressive, he was 4th in the nrl for line breaks. He's also extremely safe under the high ball and was our top try scorer, despite a clear preference from the team (especially once Suli got injured) to go to Lomax's side of the field more than the left. All in all, I'd say his work is very under appreciated and due to everything above, i believe he's the first winger picked.
Yes I agree good argument re sum of his back half season form etc but would like to see how quick each of them are in full flight. Neither excited me turning and chasing.
Where Rava dropped off in form mid year Feagai picked up in his first full season and deserves his spot no doubt
We will see next year how they both start but IMO both our wingers have their spot sown up to start next year.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Agree that Feagai has underestimated skills which could suit any of wing, centre or full-back and has to be in the backline somewhere- where is the more pressing question. I'm not convinced about his top end pace and with a relatively slow winger like Rava and two big centres in Suli and Lomax, I worry that we've sacrificed speed for size by picking him on the wing.

In the past, given our dearth of attacking edge forwards, I've advocated for Lomax to move to an edge forward role but given his late season aerial success, maybe he should stay where he is and we move Suli- who has a forward's body-to the left edge forward role and Matt F to left centre . New left winger (Sloan ?- but ANYONE BUT MOGA) then needed. Comments?

Iron Mike

Juniors
Agree that Feagai has underestimated skills which could suit any of wing, centre or full-back and has to be in the backline somewhere- where is the more pressing question. I'm not convinced about his top end pace and with a relatively slow winger like Rava and two big centres in Suli and Lomax, I worry that we've sacrificed speed for size by picking him on the wing.

In the past, given our dearth of attacking edge forwards, I've advocated for Lomax to move to an edge forward role but given his late season aerial success, maybe he should stay where he is and we move Suli- who has a forward's body-to the left edge forward role and Matt F to left centre . New left winger (Sloan ?- but ANYONE BUT MOGA) then needed. Comments?
R&W 4 ever ,
You are on the money regarding Suli moving to Second Row. Suli doesn’t have the agility , speed or ball skills needed for centre . Suli would be much more affective as a hard running S. Rower .
This move also opens the door for Matt Feagai to move to his more natural position of left centre( where he played all his junior footy). Matt has better ball skills than Suli and would be a big improvement in attack to our left edge.
This also allows Sloan the chance to play left wing and add that much needed pace to our backline.
These three adjustments to our left edge our obvious and should be a focal point in the off season training

Maddragon99

Juniors

NRL Market Watch: Reece Robson set to sign Cowboys extension​

The NRL transfer market is in overdrive, with one big gun set to ink a bumper extension and the Titans scoring a signing coup — keep up with all the latest NRL transfer news.

NRL

Don't miss out on the headlines from NRL. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Follow
One of the NRL’s most in demand free agents is about to be officially taken off the market.
Gun Cowboys dummy half Reece Robson is expected to extend his future at North Queensland in the coming days.
The Cowboys are aiming to lock down the tough hooker before November 1 to stave off significant interest from rival clubs.
Robson is due to return from his end of season trip to the United States on Friday and will walk straight into contract talks this weekend.
Reece Robson is set to sign a new deal with the Cowboys. Picture: Getty Images

Reece Robson is set to sign a new deal with the Cowboys. Picture: Getty Images
It appears all but certain the former St George Illawarra Dragon will be staying in Townsville for the long term.
Robson was considered a gun prospect while at the Dragons but at that point had then captain Cameron McInnes ahead of him in the pecking order.
But the 24-year-old has gone from strength to strength at the Cowboys to the point where he is now regarded as a future NSW State of Origin hooker, after being called into the Blues camp for the decider this year.

Officially no light at the end of the tunnel 😤
I’m ok with this, more likely to push Hunt to dummy half from 2024 if Robson doesn’t return.

Maddragon99

Juniors

Top 5 players still available for 2023;

1) Matthew Eisenhuth (Penrith) From what I’ve seen of him he’s a solid player

2) Matt Doorey (Canterbury) I don’t know anything about him

3) Wade Graham (Cronulla) A washed up veteran so would fit our profile

4) Matt Lodge (Roosters) PLEASE NO!

5) Martin Taupau (Manly) Veteran who still goes ok.

Taupau & Eisenhuth are the only two players I’d be interested in.

BLM01

First Grade

Interesting moves and could work but Suli unfortunately does not have the work ethic in defence for even edge back row although he could be our version if Kikau

denis preston

First Grade
R&W 4 ever ,
You are on the money regarding Suli moving to Second Row. Suli doesn’t have the agility , speed or ball skills needed for centre . Suli would be much more affective as a hard running S. Rower .
This move also opens the door for Matt Feagai to move to his more natural position of left centre( where he played all his junior footy). Matt has better ball skills than Suli and would be a big improvement in attack to our left edge.
This also allows Sloan the chance to play left wing and add that much needed pace to our backline.
These three adjustments to our left edge our obvious and should be a focal point in the off season training
What if Suli pulls a Hunt and doesn’t want to play in the forwards ?

Dragon David

First Grade
after watch the aus/italy game this morning ben hunt showed yet again what a great hooker he would be for us.
Hunt being selected as our 9 by Hook would do Hook some favours in my opinion. The Australian reports through Buzz Rothfield that one of the Dragons major sponsors, TripADeal, has urged the club to support Hook. Full details are behind the usual paywall unfortunately.

Latest posts