What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

thebigredv

First Grade
Reading breaking news that QLD has new COVID cases and a lockdown may be announced. May only be a couple cases but as we've seen this variant spreads like wild fire.

This would surely make it impossible for the NRL continue if it gets out of hand.

Maybe our embarrassment can be saved? If we don't have to play again I can get used to that. Too much disappointment this year, again.

mickeylane

Bench
Reading breaking news that QLD has new COVID cases and a lockdown may be announced. May only be a couple cases but as we've seen this variant spreads like wild fire.

This would surely make it impossible for the NRL continue if it gets out of hand.

Maybe our embarrassment can be saved? If we don't have to play again I can get used to that. Too much disappointment this year, again.
dont worry they'll move the comp to Ayres rock..

thebigredv

First Grade
That could be the end of it who knows. If it's anything like Sydney although looks like qld will respond quick enough. Still, you would have to think exemption luck will run out and at least a fortnight pause of games will happen.

I prefer this to playing with such an suspension ravaged team but that's just me. Less stress.

So we remain in the top 8 until NRL resumes (Tuesday 4pm) in Qld?

Imagine if the next 7 rounds were cancelled and they just played the finals.
Knowing our luck in this situation, our game ends up being negotiated as the only one that goes ahead because its in Rocky, we get beat by 26 or more and Canberra jump us into 8th spot

VodkaSaint

Juniors

so we made the 8

Last edited:

SEAT 1A

Bench
How many more games does the club have to play without players?

Hopefully, with the game being xxed due to QLD Government the NRL shouldn't penalise the club.

Dragsters

First Grade
George Burgess is officially in Australia quarantining - his signing will be announced at the end of his period next week

Hearing it is for next year start not this. Is that correct because we need a big boppa stat.

When the rumour first broke back in April, I saw Gurgess interviewed and he said although he felt pain-free for the first time in many years, he was adamant he wanted to give his hip surgery a lengthy rehab period and that he had met with the Dragons to discuss a 2022 return...

Dragon David

First Grade
So we remain in the top 8 until NRL resumes (Tuesday 4pm) in Qld?

Imagine if the next 7 rounds were cancelled and they just played the finals.
I was thinking that. My thoughts also are that if there were no more games this year then there should only be the minor premiership award being given to the Storm who are currently on top of the comp on for and against and no actual grand final premiership awarded to any team for this year.

Maddragon99

Juniors
When the rumour first broke back in April, I saw Gurgess interviewed and he said although he felt pain-free for the first time in many years, he was adamant he wanted to give his hip surgery a lengthy rehab period and that he had met with the Dragons to discuss a 2022 return...
I’m ok with this. A fully fit Burgess next season will do us nicely. This season is shot anyway.

Splitting the points with Souths today will be a huge plus for us.

I was looking forward to the Penrith/Melbourne game though.

Dragsters

First Grade
I’m ok with this. A fully fit Burgess next season will do us nicely. This season is shot anyway.

Splitting the points with Souths today will be a huge plus for us.

I was looking forward to the Penrith/Melbourne game though.

Splitting points, forfeits and the like just will not happen in the NRL these days.

The games will be postponed and played when they can...

Latest posts