What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
We are on the rebuild so 22 probably won’t be spectacular either no matter who coaches us but 2023 and beyond is where we need to look. Sims won’t be setting the world on fire then I’m sure. We have Sua sorted, so another good dynamic back rower and we are looking a lot better.
While I'm not suggesting any coincidence with the Sims announcement, I was quite impressed with Billy Burns last night. He's nowhere near the finished product but his defence and work rate seem to be improving each time he plays and he was the forward most likely to crack the line last night- got one magic ball away (to a winger I think) while falling. He's got the height and build to be a gun, edge backrower- just needs the finishing touches.

blacksafake

First Grade
While I'm not suggesting any coincidence with the Sims announcement, I was quite impressed with Billy Burns last night. He's nowhere near the finished product but his defence and work rate seem to be improving each time he plays and he was the forward most likely to crack the line last night- got one magic ball away (to a winger I think) while falling. He's got the height and build to be a gun, edge backrower- just needs the finishing touches.
Have liked him since he’s joined us, there’s a footballer there & should only get better. IF our forwards can get some momentum going next year he,Su’a & the youngsters will cause trouble.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Im a big fan, he was a mid season signing so get him there all pre season and starting there round 1 to build some combos and I can see him being very dangerous which in my opinion is extremely important to our side. With the side we are building it seems to be a very attack based side, for way too long well into the Mary and Price era we have been a team that has picked players to "Not lose the game" as opposed to players to actually win the game. Hook is not exempt from this criticism at all with his "safe" selections but with the year we had 1 year is way too early to completely write him off just yet.
While I still think next year we are still a work in progress I do believe Amone in combination with Hunt will add a lot more spark than Norman in attack. With his footwork and running game he could cause some issues if he has some dangerous back rowers and centres outside him running good lines at speed.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I wouldn't be breaking the bank for Suli
Manly want him to go as much as we want him
It's all about salary cap balancing he hasn't done anything wrong at Manly they are paying 550K for their 3rd choice centre
I respectfully disagree that Manly want him to go as much as we want him. This is our second go at him and nothing much has changed. Manly may be paying $550K for their third choice centre but, as I said, he's big enough and mean enough to be be converted to a successful backrower cum centre and Manly have at least three backrowers coming off contract at the end of this year. This deal was touted months ago but is still dragging on- mainly because we now know Bird is too slow for the centres and there is no one in the club remotely near Suli's standard.

Of course when and if the deal gets done, we'll never know the details- but I'd rather be in Manly's position than ours.

Crush

Coach
The Truth is he has been one our better meter eaters
So with guys like this do just accept that they are going to miss half the season every year through suspensions and take what you can get from them?
After he serves his 6 weeks it’ll be only a matter of weeks before he goes for another suspension, it’s inevitable.

St Tangles

Bench
I respectfully disagree that Manly want him to go as much as we want him. This is our second go at him and nothing much has changed. Manly may be paying $550K for their third choice centre but, as I said, he's big enough and mean enough to be be converted to a successful backrower cum centre and Manly have at least three backrowers coming off contract at the end of this year. This deal was touted months ago but is still dragging on- mainly because we now know Bird is too slow for the centres and there is no one in the club remotely near Suli's standard.

Of course when and if the deal gets done, we'll never know the details- but I'd rather be in Manly's position than ours.
I'm happy to disagree and respect your opinion
I think they want him off the books as they have a few other targets
Agree that we won't know all the details and they are often reported wrong anyway

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I would like Suli at the Dragons as he would certainly add plenty of size and strength to our back line , however if Manly wish to play games in releasing him then I would give the bloke a miss and go after someone else .
It is vastly different to the Saab situation. He was a player they clearly head hunted while still well under contract that we wanted to keep. Suli is a player they have shopped around they are trying to get off their books. But we played the game with them so they will play it back. I’d call their bluff personally and put the ball back in their court.

Gareth67

First Grade
It is vastly different to the Saab situation. He was a player they clearly head hunted while still well under contract that we wanted to keep. Suli is a player they have shopped around they are trying to get off their books. But we played the game with them so they will play it back. I’d call their bluff personally and put the ball back in their court.
Exactly FCD , Dessie went after Saab with a vengeance , he wanted him and regardless of what the young bloke said about the ‘ gong being too far to travel to etc. etc. you can be sure that Des fed him that rubbish to pass on to the media .

Another sad sob story , another instance of Hasler interfering with other clubs rosters as he did when he first went to the Bulldogs.

But if the information is correct that the Manly want money for the release then as I said previously , they can hang on to Suli .

Trifili13

Juniors
Agree, I think Manly have all their eggs in the DCE and Trbojevic basket which would be soaking up about one third of their cap, and with a couple of young up and comers like Schuster and Olakautu that they will need to upgrade, they can't afford to have a $550k player on the bench.

Manly is just trying to get Saab's money back by charging us a fee for Suli.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Agree, I think Manly have all their eggs in the DCE and Trbojevic basket which would be soaking up about one third of their cap, and with a couple of young up and comers like Schuster and Olakautu that they will need to upgrade, they can't afford to have a $550k player on the bench.

Manly is just trying to get Saab's money back by charging us a fee for Suli.
Yeah and we already have Bird, Max Feagai and Ramsey who could all potentially play or be turned into centres with some work over the off season. If he was a block busting prop I’d consider swallowing my pride and paying up but I wouldn’t play this game for someone who has proven to be as inconsistent as he has. Don’t get me wrong I’d take him but wouldn’t pay overs.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I'm happy to disagree and respect your opinion
I think they want him off the books as they have a few other targets
Agree that we won't know all the details and they are often reported wrong anyway
I thought that Suli was keen on a move away from Manly as he was 3rd choice centre and couldn't crack it for FG. I believe he was looking for a club where he thought he would play regular FG. Dragons fit the bill. Manly may be playing financial funny buggers, but I think Suli does want to move.

BIG RIG

Juniors
I am convinced that nothing will change next year and we will be in the same situation in exactly 1 year time

mickeylane

Bench
You can add Ryley Jacks from Storm rumor as well on an incentive-based contract to cover in the halves ..Id say a Adam Clune type role...