What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

denis preston

First Grade

Gareth67

First Grade
You would think clubs would learn wouldn't you. Another 700k plus contract on a high risk proposition.

What gets me about the bloke is that the reason he wishes to break his contract with the club ( besides the big dollars that the Cowboys will pay him ) is that the Tigers purchased another forward - whom I don’t know - but poor old Luciano believes that he has been disrespected by the club because of the signing ?

Got me beat ? 🤔

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
What gets me about the bloke is that the reason he wishes to break his contract with the club ( besides the big dollars that the Cowboys will pay him ) is that the Tigers purchased another forward - whom I don’t know - but poor old Luciano believes that he has been disrespected by the club because of the signing ?

Got me beat ? 🤔
From what I have observed Luche has a lot of talent and potential (there's that word again) but also a massive ego. I imagine he could be pretty hard work for a coach. Good luck to Todd I guess.

TruSaint

Referee

Got me beat ? 🤔

Pretty sure he is peeved over the departure of his brother. Not that he should be.

mickeylane

Bench
Looks like Gus is making a difference at the Bulldogs. Reed Mahoney now signed for 4 years.. Bulldogs looking to release up to 4 players including Luke Thompson

Gareth67

First Grade
Looks like Gus is making a difference at the Bulldogs. Reed Mahoney now signed for 4 years.. Bulldogs looking to release up to 4 players including Luke Thompson

I cannot understand how they - or any club for that matter , can go out on a singing plurge willy nilly and then expect their current contracted players to look elsewhere ?

Am I missing something here , many of the players are still contracted to the club , just was is a contract worth nowadays ?

Perhaps they should just do away with them entirely ( could you imagine the perspiration running from their agents foreheads 😥 ) and merely press a rubber stamp on all players hands in the future - when the stamp wears off then they will be free to move on .

Last edited:

Inisai Toga

Juniors
A bit of rugby league trivia for us all . . .
View attachment 56207
View attachment 56208
Was at that game. He could pot a goal Ken! They had our cash in close ones that year Newtown. Got us in the Willls Cup Final; beat us in this game at the SCG and beat us in the mid week replay after the semi- final draw. Jack Gibson coached them that year if I remember correctly…

Gareth67

First Grade
Was at that game. He could pot a goal Ken! They had our cash in close ones that year Newtown. Got us in the Willls Cup Final; beat us in this game at the SCG and beat us in the mid week replay after the semi- final draw. Jack Gibson coached them that year if I remember correctly…
I can recall the match also Inisai , I was shocked that we were beaten , but more so by the solidarity point . It must had been a long drive home for you . ☺️

Old Timer

Coach
I can recall the match also Inisai , I was shocked that we were beaten , but more so by the solidarity point . It must had been a long drive home for you . ☺️
I was in the Sheridan Stand
If not mistaken Wilson was a reserve that day and came on just to have the shot at a field goal which was a foregone conclusion.
I think maybe Warren Ryan was the blue bags coach but not sure.

Gareth67

First Grade
If not mistaken Wilson was a reserve that day and came on just to have the shot at a field goal which was a foregone conclusion.
I was at working that day , but managed to nick outside to the car to listen to the game for a couple of minutes . It was only at the end of my shift that I discovered that the Dragons were beaten .

The other reason is that the Bluebag (or was it Jet then ?) , whatever had the same name as my father - whom I blamed for losing a $5 bet with workmate .

denis preston

First Grade
I was at working that day , but managed to nick outside to the car to listen to the game for a couple of minutes . It was only at the end of my shift that I discovered that the Dragons were beaten .

The other reason is that the Bluebag (or was it Jet then ?) , whatever had the same name as my father - whom I blamed for losing a $5 bet with workmate .
You didn’t live in Kingsgrove did you as I knew a Ken Wilson as well?

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Yes, I think your right about Wilson coming on OT, but pretty sure Jack Gibson was their coach; Ryan didn't go their till later. They played a similar style to us when Gibson coached us in 1970, 71, that’s why I think we were in so many ‘close ones’ that year.

Last edited:

Latest posts