What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

thebigredv

First Grade
Schoupp is on nothing low tier contract, Allen probably $200k Jackson was on a bit of coin,( while playing on $500k when he retires $750k), but when you look at their squad Kikau, Burton, Addo Carr Mahoney TPJ Sutton Flanagan all big money signings, Davey and Pele are also signed up sure not big names but not cheap either.
There's a definite buzz about the Dogs and that seems to get a lot of deals over the line.

Not trying to rub it in but we definitely a team that has flat lined and a bit on the nose.

Just have to wear it I suppose. Not as if we deserve to be revered.

BLM01

First Grade
This is what I wrote in the New Recruits thread a few days ago -

"I know that a lot of the journalists are reporting stories of some good, possibly marquee players are being sought after by the Dogs/Tigers etc and to be put into positions that boost their squad and I should take what they are reporting with a grain of salt but it is depressing to read about them while we just sign up the mediocre ones and so far not too many."

We all know that the club has been just useless with their recruitment in the past X amount of years that by now you would think that they would know what they want, who they want and how they should go about getting the RIGHT players that we really need to enable us to be much more competitive. The Bulldogs and Tigers have left us for dead well and truly on who they are targeting and getting and in the past few years we were stronger and able to beat them in games. They will turn that around next year.

I don't think that we need too much more to be an improvement for next year. Our backs aren't too bad but we need much stronger forwards who can help with improving our attack and defence. Also, Hook and his new assistants need to work out greater methods in ensuring our attack and defence is much better and work as a team.
The thing is with the Dogs, they were supposed to be a threat this year, Barrett is the future. 10 week future and probably less until Gus stepped in and took control in parts.
You can get on the GUS BUS but we will see how well their team catapulted in from all over the globe gel under a rookie coach as their cap bubble is starting to burst
Tigers i agree they are showing they are trying

BLM01

First Grade
players want to go to a club that have a coach.
even though he is coached about 7 games as a rookie, or what other carrots are the lure.
Yes Leniu knows Ciraldo probably helps than are unknown 24 or even 23 coach
Still believe Hook wont be coaching in Round 2.

Dragon David

First Grade
The thing is with the Dogs, they were supposed to be a threat this year, Barrett is the future. 10 week future and probably less until Gus stepped in and took control in parts.
You can get on the GUS BUS but we will see how well their team catapulted in from all over the globe gel under a rookie coach as their cap bubble is starting to burst
Tigers i agree they are showing they are trying
Not going anywhere near the Gus Bus BLM01. He can go jump. Yes, the Dogs were supposed to be in better position this year under Barrett but I knew he wouldn't be successful as the head coach of the Dogs. But Ciraldo is a different kind of coach and whilst still a rookie, he will have so much more success that it will shit me to high heaven. I just hope that he doesn't have the success as the Bulldogs have been my most hated club.

jak

Bench
Not going anywhere near the Gus Bus BLM01. He can go jump. Yes, the Dogs were supposed to be in better position this year under Barrett but I knew he wouldn't be successful as the head coach of the Dogs. But Ciraldo is a different kind of coach and whilst still a rookie, he will have so much more success that it will shit me to high heaven. I just hope that he doesn't have the success as the Bulldogs have been my most hated club.
this is just a guess dave, but did your hate with the bulldogs start in late 1967

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Yep -Warren Ryan and his brain numbing Wazzaball ruined the party when we were on the threshold of winning all three grades in 1985. Ryan and Roy Masters still hate one another. My family were intimidated one Friday night about ten years (back in the Willie Mason days) ago at Accor or whetever it was called back then by a band of their roving, drum beating thug fans who were trying to start a fight with Dragons supporters. Stadium video was warning these thugs that police were patrolling the outside of the stadium but it didn't stop them inside.

qld redvee

Juniors
Daily Telegraph Reporting Aaron Woods has signed a 1 year deal with the Wests Tigers

Telegraph also reporting that Andrew McCullough will announce his retirement next week
Apparantly announced as immediate its on a website somewhere

So that gives us 2 more spots to fill - I wonder how much Mccullough will receive in salary seeing he is a week into his final year

Old Timer

Coach
Apparantly announced as immediate its on a website somewhere

So that gives us 2 more spots to fill - I wonder how much Mccullough will receive in salary seeing he is a week into his final year
That probably depends on whether it is injury related, his choice or whether we tapped him on the shoulder.
It might also depend on whether he gets a job inside the coaching staff.

Dragon David

First Grade
Yep -Warren Ryan and his brain numbing Wazzaball ruined the party when we were on the threshold of winning all three grades in 1985. Ryan and Roy Masters still hate one another. My family were intimidated one Friday night about ten years (back in the Willie Mason days) ago at Accor or whetever it was called back then by a band of their roving, drum beating thug fans who were trying to start a fight with Dragons supporters. Stadium video was warning these thugs that police were patrolling the outside of the stadium but it didn't stop them inside.
Bastards!!