What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

KiamaSaint

Coach
Honestly , I just don’t understand what all the ‘ hoo- haa ‘ is about ? ? ?

The bloke ain’t coming and that’s the end of it , it’s nobody’s fault , least of all random’s .

On the other hand what truly has me flabbergasted is why all these players of true quality are not falling over themselves to play for the Big Red V ? 🤔
I totally agree @Gareth67. Keep sharing @randomdragon, ignore the hater.

Maximus

Coach
Honestly , I just don’t understand what all the ‘ hoo- haa ‘ is about ? ? ?

The bloke ain’t coming and that’s the end of it , it’s nobody’s fault , least of all random’s .

On the other hand what truly has me flabbergasted is why all these players of true quality are not falling over themselves to play for the Big Red V ? 🤔

I totally agree @Gareth67. Keep sharing @randomdragon, ignore the hater.

Oh look, 2 more people who lack the ability to read but are too cowardly to respond to the actual posts and point out where the problem is.

His post about Flanagan was not information.

He made up a lie about Flanagan and got called out on it so chucked a tantrum. Sharing actual information is great. Making up lies to impress people who want to bag the club is not

KiamaSaint

Coach
Oh look, 2 more people who lack the ability to read but are too cowardly to respond to the actual posts and point out where the problem is.

He made up a lie about Flanagan and got called out on it so chucked a tantrum. Sharing actual information is great. Making up lies to impress people who want to bag the club is not
I have seen how you have responded to RD, I am not getting into with you. Have a good day.

since77

Juniors
I think “how bad we are looking” is a bit of a beat up, I think we are looking better than last year. Whilst I don’t think Liddle will be a world beater, I still think he will be a big step up from Macca, who offered absolutely nothing in attack. Sims is no loss either. Just need to find a marquee signing in the next year or 2. Oh and playing hunt at 9 would also help- as everyone who’s ever watched a game of rugby league knows….bar our coach.
Have you looked at our forwards? Honestly that’s the worst squad of forwards in the NRL.
Barring a miracle and some of the younger guys 1. Get an opportunity under a coach who prefers washed up retirees, and 2. Exceed expectations, our forwards are going to get monstered each annd every game. Our forwards were pathetic last year and it boggles the mind that they are going to be even weaker in ‘23.
The only positive is that there is a good selection of backs that a decent coach could work with if he’s smart enough.

thebigredv

First Grade
Honestly, I don’t understand what all the grumbling is about.

The club got rid of 5-6 very ordinary footballers.

I would have been happier if Moga, Woods and Jayden Hunt joined the exodus.

No point in rushing to fill the squad with the same type of players we have let go.

Prefer we give the juniors some serious game time. Yes we will get smashed in a number of games. Better to see what we have than to continually speculate.
You mean like the one-legged Liddle or Musgrove? What do you think of those signings?

With the best players locked up with deals made over the last 18 months it only leaves us with option of a) signing more rejects or b) playing up and coming forwards who are yet to see the light of NRL.

Maximus

Coach
Or maybe, just maybe it is because you are splitting hairs and no one else cares whether it was Seibold or Flanno that stopped the deal, just that Taniela Paseka isn't coming anymore.

When someone says they've got info, but then adds some speculation to make it sound worse, it spreads as fact. Particularly with those who just want to bag the club at any opportunity.

In the 10 or so posts after it, there were multiple posts asking who else he was steering away from the Dragons and which juniors he was going to poach. Previously the narrative was that we weren't signing anyone because he wasn't doing his job, now it's he was doing his job so well that he's convincing players not to join us.

You may be ok with misinformation being posted and spread, but most people agree it's bad for the forum. Correcting misinformation that is posted as fact should be encouraged.

Posting legit information is great. Adding baseless speculation to get likes is not.

lombard

Juniors
Honestly, I don’t understand what all the grumbling is about.

The club got rid of 5-6 very ordinary footballers.

I would have been happier if Moga, Woods and Jayden Hunt joined the exodus.

No point in rushing to fill the squad with the same type of players we have let go.

Prefer we give the juniors some serious game time. Yes we will get smashed in a number of games. Better to see what we have than to continually speculate.
What is it with Jayden Hunt, his fitness is so sub standard that when and if he plays any first grade he goes hard and has impact for about 10 minutes then runs out of juice.

randomdragon

Juniors
When someone says they've got info, but then adds some speculation to make it sound worse, it spreads as fact. Particularly with those who just want to bag the club at any opportunity.

In the 10 or so posts after it, there were multiple posts asking who else he was steering away from the Dragons and which juniors he was going to poach. Previously the narrative was that we weren't signing anyone because he wasn't doing his job, now it's he was doing his job so well that he's convincing players not to join us.

You may be ok with misinformation being posted and spread, but most people agree it's bad for the forum. Correcting misinformation that is posted as fact should be encouraged.

Posting legit information is great. Adding baseless speculation to get likes is not.
seriously? I was told by someone at the club it was done, if you hop over to JA other posters confirmed we were talking to the same player. Why are you son insistent in bullying? I shared something and I admitted my info was wrong and the reasons why it changed. Have you ever shared anything of substance on this forum?

Illusion

Bench
seriously? I was told by someone at the club it was done, if you hop over to JA other posters confirmed we were talking to the same player. Why are you son insistent in bullying? I shared something and I admitted my info was wrong and the reasons why it changed. Have you ever shared anything of substance on this forum?
Can't get it right always , it's a forum we hear things and hope , for the good of the club , sometimes we get it right other times its not ...... We all talk sh*t at times ( not saying you did here ) so let's all get on with posting and hope that next year we see a little light at the end of the tunnel ......

since77

Juniors
Dont waste any more of your time with that clown. Let’s call a spade a spade. He’s a clueless moron. Put him on ignore.

Maximus

Coach

Bullying? What?

The bolded is the problem. That wasn't info you had, that was speculation.

Sharing the info that we were signing him = great to have people like you with that info
Sharing the info that we were no longer signing him = great. Shit happens, things change. We were signing him when Des was there, they changed coaches and things changed, that's all good
Speculating on why we are no longer signing him and presenting it as info = not great

As for what I've shared, I'm an accountant who does the tax returns of about 20 NRL players including some current and former Dragons. I could post player salaries when the media makes terrible estimates, but that is incredibly unethical and could get me fired, so I don't do it.

Maximus

Coach
Dont waste any more of your time with that clown. Let’s call a spade a spade. He’s a clueless moron. Put him on ignore.

This "clueless moron" would really like to know which 3 Dolphins forwards walk into our starting lineup. Would love to be educated on what the best starting pack from the 2 teams would be.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
A report on sporting news dot com suggests that Aaron Woods is NOT in our team list. Still 6 places to fill in the Top 30. (Sorry, this site won't let me post the link). Just a rumour at this point.

Mojo

Bench
Just an observation, but this is called "The Rumours Thread", not "The Facts Thread"
It's also an assumption (rumour) that the change of Manly coach was the cause. Why not simply agree that we don't know what caused him to change his mind? It quite possibly wasn't much of a change anyway, since we don't know how advanced the negotiations were. Maybe he met the love of his life at Manly. Maybe he had a lucid dream - we don't know.

Personally, I'm just glad Flanno's gone.

Maximus: Good luck with the tax returns - make sure you get all the facts before filing.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade

Too cowardly , what nonsense is this ? Wake up to yourself you silly man . You don’t know anything about me , you make absolute staggering assumptions about people you have never met .

This is only a forum , not a dart board for you to release your childish aggression ! Don’t bother replying as it is quite apparent that you are an idiot and I do not suffer fools gladly .

Last edited: