What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Parko1310

Juniors
They are taking the piss this mob. We the fans need to demand more. Signs at games, protests, boycotts on merchandise. Surely this is rock bottom and the spuds at the top change things. Anyone who pleads guilty to domestic violence can head for the exit door. Sack him now, there’s a start to your culture shift.

HenryTatana

Juniors
Here I was earlier considering posting a comment on a Rava/Mulgrave thread that the only time the club acted quickly in sacking someone for their behaviour in recent times was Fanua Blake (domestic violence). However this was before he had made his NRL debut. Based on this and the fact these clowns need to make a point, I think it’s bye bye Frankie.

DfL

Juniors
Cleared out a few dead beats? He brought McGuire, McCulloch, Woods to the club.
And here is a FACT. I heard this from a board member, he wanted to re-sign Corey Norman and Craig Young had to step in and say no way.
Let that sink in.
Mcguire for sure a was a full deadbeat, but in team with barely any leaders guys like woods and mcculloch are good for culture and team and also experience. AM was also needed to get the best out of hunt as there was chemistry there prior. Say what you will but there are obvious reasons as to the logic put behind these signings. I for one am not advocating any of these signings because i was not happy with any of them you listed however, they do make sense when you look at it from that perspective. And as for corey norman, i don't really believe that one bit tbh.

Mojo

Bench
The payout to Hook if he lasts the whole season will be nothing as his contract is up end of this season. Even if he doesn't last the full year it should only be a pro-rata payment as the season I think starts 1 November so his contract is already 4 months paid.
That’s a big IF considering the report that they’re planning to replace him. I’d take a pro-rata golden handshake for an extended holiday - maybe summer in Switzerland - and, if I were Hook, I wouldn’t even watch another Saints game on tele.

Gareth67

First Grade
Cleared out a few dead beats? He brought McGuire, McCulloch, Woods to the club.
And here is a FACT. I heard this from a board member, he wanted to re-sign Corey Norman and Craig Young had to step in and say no way.
Let that sink in .What the hell ! That is simply unbelievable and irresponsible , the bloke was as useless as tets on a bull .

To resign Corey Norman would had been irresponsible , simply unbelievable to imagine that we would even remotely consider getting him back in the Big Red V .

I am unable to forget the last game of the year which was against the Sharks with the Dragons about 22 metres out and 15 seconds on the clock , a field goal would had won the game for us .

The team had him set in a prime position to take the shot unhindered by the defense and the dopey sod receives the ball and passes it to another back .

Lawd forbid the bloke was a damn anchor holding the team down and to even think about bringing him back would had been the last straw for me .

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
I am probably just being my usual cynical self, but I suspect Dom will sign with the Roosters for $300,000 a year with no mention of a sponsor supplying a new BMW every year or the lifetime rent free penthouse apartment overlooking Bondi Beach!
Bryan Fletcher, who won a premiership at the Roosters in 2001, revealed why the Chooks always get their man.

“The Roosters catchcry, which is everywhere in their centre of excellence, is they play for premierships and at the end of the day that’s what players want to do - they want to win the comp,” Fletcher told foxsports.com.au.

“I see the Dom Young thing and everyone saying ‘The Roosters are doing this and that’ but I honestly believe they go there for less money and make up for it (in other departments).

There you go OED.

Crush

Coach
Mcguire for sure a was a full deadbeat, but in team with barely any leaders guys like woods and mcculloch are good for culture and team and also experience. AM was also needed to get the best out of hunt as there was chemistry there prior. Say what you will but there are obvious reasons as to the logic put behind these signings. I for one am not advocating any of these signings because i was not happy with any of them you listed however, they do make sense when you look at it from that perspective. And as for corey norman, i don't really believe that one bit tbh.
I find it hard to swallow the talk of culture signings when our culture has become the absolute worst in the NRL. Right now, if all of Australia was polled on who they thought had the worst culture problem in the NRL, I think Dragons would be voted number 1 by a country mile.
If Hook was trying to build a strong culture he has failed miserably. We aren’t the worst footballers on the field but we are 100% the worst off the field.

thebigredv

First Grade
Bryan Fletcher, who won a premiership at the Roosters in 2001, revealed why the Chooks always get their man.

“The Roosters catchcry, which is everywhere in their centre of excellence, is they play for premierships and at the end of the day that’s what players want to do - they want to win the comp,” Fletcher told foxsports.com.au.

“I see the Dom Young thing and everyone saying ‘The Roosters are doing this and that’ but I honestly believe they go there for less money and make up for it (in other departments).

There you go OED.
Take Nick Politis out of the club and they will struggle like many other clubs. There may be some truth about players wanting to be there for premierships but a lot of it is 'smart' financial management.

mickeylane

Bench
Breaking News , Francis Molo has pleaded guilty to domestic violence charges

The pre season continues to get better
what the f**k is going on...will the board please resign tonite and take the inept coach w you - under your watch you have managed to create the biggest cluster f**k in Australian sporting history...whats happened to our club!!

Last edited:

Mojo

Bench
Take Nick Politis out of the club and they will struggle like many other clubs. There may be some truth about players wanting to be there for premierships but a lot of it is 'smart' financial management.
So why don’t we sell a controlling shareholding to a wealthy investor - or a private equity group - on the basis of a well constructed shareholder agreement that is based upon, say, a five year strategic plan? C’mon you guys that ‘own’ the club - get off your arses and do something!!

denis preston

First Grade
So why don’t we sell a controlling shareholding to a wealthy investor - or a private equity group - on the basis of a well constructed shareholder agreement that is based upon, say, a five year strategic plan? C’mon you guys that ‘own’ the club - get off your arses and do something!!
It looks like we may be getting some action from WIN. Want chairman Lancaster in role for 3 to 5 years instead of one. Some on here May see the negative in this but I see it as WIN finally opening the purse strings.

Latest posts