What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Mojo

Bench
Apart from the front office being shit, and a mystifying belief in Griffin's coaching abilties, maybe Hunt is tired of busting a gut every week when the other players are on the piss, not turning up for awards nights, generally acting like idiots when coming last, and he thought why I am bothering if the so-called locals don't give a shit?
1. Maybe
2. because he's paid to play.

Dragon David

First Grade
Apart from the front office being shit, and a mystifying belief in Griffin's coaching abilties, maybe Hunt is tired of busting a gut every week when the other players are on the piss, not turning up for awards nights, generally acting like idiots when coming last, and he thought why I am bothering if the so-called locals don't give a shit?
I think that Hunt has tried his best in most games he has played for the Dragons. There would have been several times that he would be out of sorts and not play with the same intensity and when he felt like this he probably would expect the other guys to do more. Maybe because he gets more dough than the others, they might think that he should be the one to do much more than them.

There are so many things that would have been a turn off for Hunt which he has experienced while he has been at the club and this year has probably hit him more and this is probably why he just wants out. Whether that warrants wanting an immediate release is questionable.

hewi

Bench
So what happens if Hunt refuses to train and play? Does the club then stop paying him and if so can they use his money to buy a replacement and lastly would a door be opened to sue for damages?

Now the Source for this is The Mole, but thought some might find it of interest -

UPSIDE TO DRAGONS SAGA​

The Dragons may be in danger of losing marquee man Ben Hunt, but there is a major plus side to Shane Flanagan's appointment as coach.

It ensures star utility Jack Bird, who has wanted out himself several times over the past season (despite denials) will now stay at the club.

Bird is a big Flanagan fan, having played under the controversial coach in Cronulla's lone premiership success in 2016.

The classy utility played his best football in his time at Cronulla under Flanagan and is one man delighted with the Dragons' choice of coach.

Source: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/news-2...-s-dad-rips--rat--player--english-club_200623

Reddragon

Bench
I think that Hunt has tried his best in most games he has played for the Dragons. There would have been several times that he would be out of sorts and not play with the same intensity and when he felt like this he probably would expect the other guys to do more. Maybe because he gets more dough than the others, they might think that he should be the one to do much more than them.

There are so many things that would have been a turn off for Hunt which he has experienced while he has been at the club and this year has probably hit him more and this is probably why he just wants out. Whether that warrants wanting an immediate release is questionable.
I agree. It's also odd timing because I think the administration is getting better (not Haran) and trying to turn it around, plus Flanagan (hopefully) can get the team performing as one cohesive unit. Lot of ifs when the club has let it all slip until they reached the bottom of the barrel before trying to do something about it.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
The story I’ve seen floating around is that Haran is at the centre of this and has pushed him over the edge. Also that he pretty much decided to bail the moment Hook was punted.
With Flanagan and Webb saying that Hunt will be here and we wont release him, i wonder if there is plans in motion to remove Haran and that's why they're confident he will see out the contract

Dragon David

First Grade
Now the Source for this is The Mole, but thought some might find it of interest -

Source: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/news-2...-s-dad-rips--rat--player--english-club_200623
I hope that Flanno treats each player on his merits and not show any favouritism particularly Bird. There is always that danger of playing a guy because of old ties like Hook and his Queensland buddies did.

If Bird brings his former Sharks form back then that would be great but if he doesn't and is selected because he played under Flanno before, then that won't be good.

Ghostrider22

Juniors
I agree. It's also odd timing because I think the administration is getting better (not Haran) and trying to turn it around, plus Flanagan (hopefully) can get the team performing as one cohesive unit. Lot of ifs when the club has let it all slip until they reached the bottom of the barrel before trying to do something about it.
Yeah on the 15/6/23 interview everything ok spoke to Flanno and Webb I think, then come the weekend shit hits the fan and calamity what change in those days a bigger offer, no one can offer a f**king thing he’s under contract. What’s the real story behind this bullshit, it can’t be all hook the writing was all the wall for Hook we all saw that, it’s a smokescreen. Have the NRL done anything very quiet. Jeez I don’t know how you can live with yourself creating this drama to played out like it has, no one is stating the truth.

Dragon David

First Grade
Are there moves afoot to move Haran ? He is constantly referenced as a major problem at the club. His recruitment record speaks for itself doesn’t it ?
SF stated on 2GB he had commenced working on recruitment of both staff and players.
He also said that he is in the process of "poaching". Maybe both staff and players.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
NSW current hookers are Robson and Cook. Both Saints juniors that were not wanted. One was because they chose McInness ahead of him who jumped ship to go to the Sharks. He more or less did a HUnt and sooked once Mary got sacked as well from memory. The other was Mitch Rein who just recently announced his retirement after being at 2-3 clubs post Saints as a bench player. Losing good players is bad enough but when it is a player from the spine that cracks it into rep sides it is unforgivable. I only hope Flanno sets the club up not to make such mistakes.

Old Timer

Coach
If that is what annoyed him in recent times then why is it he advocated for more of it by insisting the coach whose watch this happened on must be kept at the club?

qld redvee

Juniors
If that is what annoyed him in recent times then why is it he advocated for more of it by insisting the coach whose watch this happened on must be kept at the club?
Ot, that's the crazy thing.. if Benny couldn't see that we were not improving dramatically under hook but rather we are going in the right direction.maybe he was happy to be in a team going nowhere where he got what he wanted and controlled the team.. now carr has us in a totally different aspect.. also hook moved him to hooker for 10 minutes and Ben was happy to play anywhere..
From a very professional player to a selfish little bugger..who has gone and got an illegal deal done without regard to the team

jak

Bench
Are there moves afoot to move Haran ? He is constantly referenced as a major problem at the club. His recruitment record speaks for itself doesn’t it ?
SF stated on 2GB he had commenced working on recruitment of both staff and players.
we can only hope, and maybe a prey or two wouldn't hurt.