What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

"I'm having conversations with Flanno about maybe helping out next year, which would be great because I think can help the outside backs, especially in defence," Cooper told Wide World of Sports.

Please let this happen as Coops would be a great defence coach. He sure as hell will stop our drongo wingers from going awol when tries are being scored down their side.

Last edited:
Is it because Matt said "Club" 3 million times in 3 paragraphs ?
Oh no! Rather is it because Flanagan has been warned off by the BOD, specially public enemey #1 Peter Doust who I read was responsible for a club ban placed on Coops a decade or so ago. If the case, my respect for Flanagan just dropped another notch and my hate for Doust went thru the roof..

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Oh no! Rather is it because Flanagan has been warned off by the BOD, specially public enemey #1 Peter Doust who I read was responsible for a club ban placed on Coops a decade or so ago. If the case, my respect for Flanagan just dropped another notch and my hate for Doust went thru the roof..
He'd have shown balls if he had done and sent a message to the directors that he means business. Now because of fwit Doust we miss out on the only man likely to have gotten our defense in order and who would die for the Red V.
Doust is one of the biggest problems at the club ...... Throw in Young as well , they have too much influence on what goes on ......
Out of all this I can see that Flanagan will be doomed for failure and then Dean Young will eventually take over. Flanagan won't be able to do things he really wants to do and get who he really wants to get.

I think that this was playing on Jason Ryles' mind for several weeks before he decided to tell the club to stick it up the Khyber because he could see that things would be extremely tough working with the henchmen in the Corona Tower.

I can see it all now. Mr Craig Young would have mentioned to Dousty that if Flanagan gets Cooper to come in, it would reduce Deano's workload and interfere with Deano's methods so tell Flanagan to shut that rumour down straight away.

God help the fans of the St George Illawarra Dragons.

Old Timer

Coach
Out of all this I can see that Flanagan will be doomed for failure and then Dean Young will eventually take over. Flanagan won't be able to do things he really wants to do and get who he really wants to get.

I think that this was playing on Jason Ryles' mind for several weeks before he decided to tell the club to stick it up the Khyber because he could see that things would be extremely tough working with the henchmen in the Corona Tower.

I can see it all now. Mr Craig Young would have mentioned to Dousty that if Flanagan gets Cooper to come in, it would reduce Deano's workload and interfere with Deano's methods so tell Flanagan to shut that rumour down straight away.

God help the fans of the St George Illawarra Dragons.
Flanagan gets the gig for 18 months and then starts to find a way to exit and he will have brought Flanagan Jnr over in that period.

Flanagan Snr being back in the system for 18 months means he will have credentials of some sort to exit to ESL and take Flanagan Jnr with him as a package deal.

Timing for Flanagan Snr is excellent so he will tolerate what Ryles and others would not and of course Deano does a Bradbury and skates past everyone that has fallen before him.

Preordained and mutually beneficial to all concerned except the fans.

Illusion

Bench
Flanagan gets the gig for 18 months and then starts to find a way to exit and he will have brought Flanagan Jnr over in that period.

Flanagan Snr being back in the system for 18 months means he will have credentials of some sort to exit to ESL and take Flanagan Jnr with him as a package deal.

Timing for Flanagan Snr is excellent so he will tolerate what Ryles and others would not and of course Deano does a Bradbury and skates past everyone that has fallen before him.

Preordained and mutually beneficial to all concerned except the fans.
Writing's on the wall old mate , they are so predictable .......

Latest posts