What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Hers some rumoured signings for you
Jason T
Big Nelson
Lachlan Illias
Josh Schuster
Damian Cook
Hunt gone ..Zac stays ..........
All possible
The Schuster rumour does have some truth to it.
If he proves he has got his attitude and fitness right, think it is a big chance he will be our number 6 in 2025, with Kyle going to 14.
With AFB arriving next year, Sharks will struggle to keep both Kaufisi and Jack Williams.
Kaufisi with a mutual option, and Williams off contract end of this season.

shiloh dc

Juniors
If you didn't think the Daily Telegraph was running an agenda to de-stabilise the Dragons then look at the story about Ben Hunt buying the Byron Bay home from Dragons supporter Norm Black.
There have been many stories in the past about footy players getting favourable property deals including many Cronulla/Rooster/Manly players - however the Telegraph (Buzz Buzz) decides to highlight only the Hunt deal.
Shame Tele!

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Hmmmm don’t think he’d work well with Hunt, as he’s more of an off the cuff and unpredictable half. Hunts not the greatest organising half so think it’d be a disaster tbh. Unless we moved Hunt to 9 and Flanno to 7, which is never going to happen.
The Daily Terror confirms that something is seriously amiss with our expensive No 7 with the stat that he is the most error-riddled player in the NRL with 27. What that 27 errors comprises I'm not sure- I would have thought his missed tackle count would have been more than that alone. It probably doesn't measure failures to thread a kick into the in-goal on the 5th tackle because he seems to have given up on that play.

Bottom line, I, for one, am hoping that the Dragons resist the temptation to extend his contract and pay out good money after bad. I'd be going after Mikey Lewis the 23yo cheeky (think Tommy Bishop) HKR half who's been tipped for stardom in the UK media and played all over Lewis Dodds when their teams last met.

But probably the dinosaur/dragons board will sit on their hands......again.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Imagine how the NRL and Media would handle a Saints player if he had drugs and alcohol in his system after getting pulled over by cops. Sharks have Nico on origin duty and conveniently Trindal is cleared by the NRL to play that weekend. He got a $1000 fine and no weeks. We would hate for the Sharks to be disadvantaged. I think Leilua blowing 0.01 over got more if not the same punishment as he did and he had 1 drink to go over with no drugs in his system. And don't say because he hid it as that is crazy. Trindal just got caught as I am sure he would have hid it as well especially having drugs in his system on top of alcohol.

Clear favouritism shown to certain clubs and it is obvious which one they favour in the south of Sydney.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I had a look at Zero Tackle and Kayal Iro is not contracted next season. Getting Kayal Iro and Talagi should be a no brainer for Saints to replace Zac and Jack. Seriously what are they waiting for?

Both these 2 kids have been playing well and if they keep going saints will have some pretty handy kids with some NRL experience under their belts. I would have these 2 at centre and move Suli on to be honest.

Jack Williams. Klese Haas, Jazz Tavega, David Armstong, Brodie Jones Coen Hess are not signed for 2024 and could be handy pickups compared to what they have now. Surely these guys would not demand too much coin to sign up.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
We need a rejig;
If we can’t get Blaize Tualagi..
Kayal Iro has been good this year could get a centre spot
Armstrong from the knights also a good pickup for fullback/wing
If we could flick hunt for a decent front row forward in the cowboys or titans system I would take that. Griffen Neave perhaps or Mo Fotuaki
Then
Brodie Croft as 7
Take a punt on Schuster at 6
Flanagan as the 14
JDB gets 1 more year at $400k

unfortunately so many teams looking for props and halves..