What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
Even if we sign RCG and maybe another middle, will we have a squad of forwards that would really put the fear in other sides? Will they say, "shit we play the Dragons this week and shit their forwards especially the middle ones will be hard to contain. They will run all over us like a stampede"? I don't bloody think so!!

I want our forwards to be powerful, fast and fearsome and speedy backs to follow them all over the ground just itching to get an off load to score under the posts. Yes, that is my wish. Not just to bash and barge for 5 tackles and gain 30 metres followed up by the bomb on the 6th and hope that they don't give away too much territory when they defend like what happened against the Sharks.

We have so much improvement to gain in both attack and defence. Our defence is very poor and we just don't have the attack that allows us to score readily. Sometimes we just look like headless chooks not knowing where to go and we fumble a lot as if we are panicking.

Our squad needs an overhaul badly is what I think.

Even if we sign RCG and maybe another middle, will we have a squad of forwards that would really put the fear in other sides? Will they say, "shit we play the Dragons this week and shit their forwards especially the middle ones will be hard to contain. They will run all over us like a stampede"? I don't bloody think so!!
DD you sound as pissed off and frustrated as I do mate. In several years yes we may have sides trembling in their boots having to face the likes of the skillful and powerful trio of Loko Jr, Finai Latu, Jake H and hopefully others like Corey Ackers and Daniel Mefou. But as you clearly state how do we cope pushing to be a finals contender till these kids mature.

Last edited:

since77

Juniors

I want our forwards to be powerful, fast and fearsome and speedy backs to follow them all over the ground just itching to get an off load to score under the posts. Yes, that is my wish. Not just to bash and barge for 5 tackles and gain 30 metres followed up by the bomb on the 6th and hope that they don't give away too much territory when they defend like what happened against the Sharks.

We have so much improvement to gain in both attack and defence. Our defence is very poor and we just don't have the attack that allows us to score readily. Sometimes we just look like headless chooks not knowing where to go and we fumble a lot as if we are panicking.

Unfortunately we're going to have to settle for incremental upgrades as opportunities become available. Just remember our board got us to this position with its incompetence for well over a decade. Poor Flanno is just going to have to keep chipping away in the player market for the time being.
Just on your first sentence - the only problem in our forward pack is the front row. Back row and lock is fine. We get one and then two big aggressive front rowers and we're a much better team.

He made one hit and didn't even complete the tackle. I've also seen him rush out and completely miss then get lazy returning to the defensive line causing others to cover for him. They're as bad as each other.
That is Molo as saw the same. Lawrie may miss a tackle but will always go back and try to complete it. I'd have him over Molo for one specific reason, his passion, as he always gives 100% even tho that is not sufficient for him these days as he is carrying too much flab, is slow and unfit.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors

Couchman boys are still 20. Over the next two years they will fill out another 5-10kgs depending on how they are conditioned. They will be part of our big mobile pack solution. With SuA and 2 new front rowers.
Personally a big focus would be to take 5kgs off Leilua and turn him into a ball playing 13. He looks unfit to me.

justadragon

Bench
DD you sound as pissed off and frustrated as I do mate. In several years yes we may have sides trembling in their boots having to face the likes of the skillful and powerful trio of Loko Jr, Finai Latu, Jake H and hopefully others like Corey Ackers and Daniel Mefou. But as you clearly state how do we cope pushing to be a finals contender till these kids mature.
In all seriousness how far away are the youngsters, especially Loko, I see a lot of 19 year olds making NRL at other clubs.

Gareth67

First Grade
If I have said it once , I have said a hundred times - widen the search . There must be a couple of big mongrels overseas ( island boys , pommy land , even bloody Ireland - they all have broken noses over there so they must be tough ? ) who only require a bit of a polish by Flanagan that will add some bite to our pig-pack .

My 2 bobs worth . 😳

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Unfortunately we're going to have to settle for incremental upgrades as opportunities become available. Just remember our board got us to this position with its incompetence for well over a decade. Poor Flanno is just going to have to keep chipping away in the player market for the time being.
Just on your first sentence - the only problem in our forward pack is the front row. Back row and lock is fine. We get one and then two big aggressive front rowers and we're a much better team.
We have the cash and can have the cap space to do more. We should not postpone the transition for another season.

I say, do what you can Flanno and don't give up.

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes you are right since77. I'm looking forward to 2025 as I think that who we will have in our squad will get us many more wins than this year.

Latest posts