What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Woody90

Juniors
Knights are currently saying their cap is a mess & needs rectification which is why they went hard for POS. Maybe all the issues were there before Peter Parr’s time, I think he started with Newcastle a couple of years ago so the overspending happened before he started. He has a lot of football experience which is what we need now that the finances are in order. Certainly need a hard head & someone that can fix & clean out the football department to help Flanno.

Knights fan here. The majority of the bad contracts happened before Parr’s time. Most were the work of the previous recruitment manager.

The person that told me about Illias also said Saints are looking good to get Wishart for 2026 but want him earlier. Illias was not going to cost much apparently. He also said Saints will be making an announcement on a a big signing very soon. Would not say who it is but did say he was a gun forward. How reliable this guy is I don't know but does have ties with some people in player management.

From memory, Illias before copping the injury was absolutely killing it in KOE. A step above all other halves and clearly stood out a class above. Under Flanno he will improve like all players have. He is worth a punt if they get him cheap. I would say he is a better option than Glover or Reed/Ward for now until they developed.
I hope they go hard for wishart I watched a couple of his games he would be a great fit for the dragons

mattw5

Juniors
Saw this comment on Dragons Army has anyone heard anything as such or can the person who wrote it elaborate more if you are on here?

The new Era they keep talking about is almost here. The one with no mention of St George or Illawarra.

• Alan Lancaster is pretty busy on the board at Nine (and playing in Status Quo)
• i98 has some real competition from Wave
• A succession tussle between Genevieve and Andrew Gordon
• The removal of all Dragons staff from Carlton
• New jumper sponsor/s (Crystal Bears and Illawarra Credit Union)
• The Gordon Legacy Building project in the CBD
• Mike Sneesby stepping down at Nine. Lancaster could replace him.

Watch this space.

Dragon David

First Grade
All this shake up is good for the Dragons - finally. I know that there are the men and woman in the big house overlooking the goings on below them that a couple should be put to pasture but at least this review will be hitting some of the staff harder than what some of the people would have thought would happen.

I guess this will help getting this club working towards a better future which we know is needed.

Flanno has the task of getting the right players into the Top 30 while Management are doing their bit with the Administration shake up.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I think the logo change is a good shift, get to the modern day, let's move with the times, we stay in the 50s and 60s we die..move with the times
Never hurt Eastern Suburbs when they changed their name to the Sydney Roosters with a new emblem & kept the same traditional jersey. They became the modern powerhouse club.
I actually like the new modern Dragons emblem & don’t mind any change, except the Big Red V jersey.

Bin Chicken

Juniors
I don’t know the same person basically said we would just be known as the Dragons & our logo will change to the one we see now on our training gear.
Not sure if it was on here or a FB group but I mentioned exactly that. I like the idea but got destroyed for it lol . Mid preseason I was told the roll out started in November on everything but the jerseys . If what I was told is right the emblem you see on training gear etc will be on the jerseys

mattw5

Juniors
Not sure if it was on here or a FB group but I mentioned exactly that. I like the idea but got destroyed for it lol . Mid preseason I was told the roll out started in November on everything but the jerseys . If what I was told is right the emblem you see on training gear etc will be on the jerseys

The whole Squadron Energy partnership seemed very big & felt like change was on the horizon.