What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The search for a new coach

ozbash

Referee
Yeah and by all reports they did go after a big name aka Bellamy so whats your point? They did what he said they were going to do. Like I said it's not their fault if you have rocks in your head and just expected that Bellamy would leave his contract to come to the Warriors because we were chasing him, unfortunately that's not always how it quite works.

Lol, some of you were quick to rub Blueys nose in it, when he didnt deliver. Its ok for the ceo...:roll:

Smells of hypocrisy to me and reinforces my view that Bluey wasnt the problem.

Alan Johnson

Juniors
The only consolation I can see at the moment, is that with shite players and a (probably) shite coach, we are well placed to exceed expectations next year (given that they will be very low).

Is it better to expect the spoon and finish a couple of places above it than it is to expect to be in the top 4 and finish just above the spoon?

Meth

Staff member
The only consolation I can see at the moment, is that with shite players and a (probably) shite coach, we are well placed to exceed expectations next year (given that they will be very low)

That's the thing. Our players aren't shite. They're very good, with the potential to win the competition or come very close.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
They'll make the 8 next season.

Doom and gloom like the club is on the verge of a implosion because we couldn't get argubly the best coach in the game to come across, like he was the only one who could do anything with this group of players and our only chance of avoiding another terrible season. You'd think we have the worst roster in the comp.

Last edited:

Alan Johnson

Juniors
You're right. Some of them looked abysmal without good coaching though.

I feel like next year is unlikely to be a huge success, but it will have a huge influence on whether or not 2014 is a success. It's going to be a watershed season for mine and could potentially be the making of the team... the boys need to knuckle down and give it a real good kick in the guts, regardless of who the coach is. It can't all be on the coach.

Warmess

Juniors
I wouldn't be surprised if Scurrah doesn't make it long past the next coaching announcement. Imo he messed up big by coming straight out of the blocks with his "I haven't heard the word budget" stuff, then going completely quiet on the whole thing. Seems to me like he got in the shit for having a big mouth too early, now a lot of fans, rightly or wrongly so, are gonna be hugely disappointed with Kidwell when we should be giving him a fair crack.

Rich102

Staff member
David Kidwell is reported to have been confirmed as the new coach of the New Zealand Warriors.
According to reports players from the New Zealand NRL club were told of the decision this morning.
Kidwell takes on the role exited by Brian McClennan earlier this year.
The former Kiwi and Melbourne assistant is taking on a squad brimming with talent, but many have questioned whether he has the X-factor to land league's ultimate prize.

More to follow....

http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/league/news/article/-/15067594/new-warriors-coach-all-but-confirmed/

NZ Warrior

First Grade
David Kidwell is reported to have been confirmed as the new coach of the New Zealand Warriors.
According to reports players from the New Zealand NRL club were told of the decision this morning.
Kidwell takes on the role exited by Brian McClennan earlier this year.
The former Kiwi and Melbourne assistant is taking on a squad brimming with talent, but many have questioned whether he has the X-factor to land league's ultimate prize.

More to follow....

http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/league/news/article/-/15067594/new-warriors-coach-all-but-confirmed/

F**k this!

I'm off to start my band!

Ivan Cleary must feel really special to be ousted for an unproven coach x 2

And with Iro not being a serious contender shows me that the muppets upstairs have NFI or faith in an unproven internal coach and rather trust an outsider with the same tag. Someone else besides Bluey needed to be held accountable for this crap. Atleast Brian took all the blame and walked out with his dignity. Shame on the ones who never put their hands up. Im looking at you Wayne and some Players.

Akkerz

Juniors
Yahoo are the only twats reporting this Kidwell appontment. Radio Sport stirring it up big time but are not able to confirm the Yahoo report.

Worser & worser said Alice

images

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Which is scary because even our best seasons usually start poorly.

Quite right. If we're 1-3 again, there will be some serious howling. Which isn't right...but nor do I think appointing Kidwell is either. Didn't we just see how hard it is to step out of Bellamy's shadow and take over another NRL side? Maguire has done it pretty successfully, sure, but he at least got head duties in the UK.

Micistm

Bench
Yeah and by all reports they did go after a big name aka Bellamy so whats your point? They did what he said they were going to do. Like I said it's not their fault if you have rocks in your head and just expected that Bellamy would leave his contract to come to the Warriors because we were chasing him, unfortunately that's not always how it quite works.

:lol: Be an apologist PR man for Scurrah and friends if you like, but the fact is they have hyped up/bragged about getting a x factor supercoach...and by reports (unconfirmed yet) they have decided their best choice is a rookie with no FG experience whatsoever. As Kearney as stated, there is a BIG difference, and big stepup from Assistant to NRL head coach.
The way Bluey was axed two weeks before the season end, the smart money was on them having a plan. The time its taken and possible outcome is looking like they haven't.
Doubt if a rookie coach with no FG experience is going to give them the high performance outcome their mid season Rah rah announcement (you know, they one just prior to the complete arse falling out of the season) bragged about...but we'll see:lol:

It's not confirmed yet. But if it is, plant the new Mickey Mouse club flag on the Mt Smart roof

Latest posts