What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The search for a new coach

JoeD

First Grade
I'm going with the - if its kidwell, why hasn't it been announced yet - theory.

How about this - the issue isn't surrounding Kidwell, it's surrounding the other position - the one Elliot has been touted for. They will bring Kidwell in on the provisor that an experienced GM of Football is appointed and that appointment is the one they are still having issues with.

JoeD

First Grade
What issues though? Elliot is out of a job - nobody else is offering one, is it really that hard a decision for an out of work NRL coach? Cleary has shown that you can be succesful at the warriors and that success is noticed and appreciated by some influential people (Gould). Anyway stop poking holes in my theory, i'm trying to be optimistic!

Juju

Juniors
Kidwell and Elliot is enough for me to be reconsidering the value of signing up for a membership again...

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

I like this. But in reality it's probably something to do with making sure the contract is sealed in and watertight before announcing it to avoid further PR disasters.

Or blindly waiting just in case Bellamy is a schizophrenic and wakes up tomorrow believing he is the saviour of the Warriors.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
What issues though? Elliot is out of a job - nobody else is offering one, is it really that hard a decision for an out of work NRL coach? Cleary has shown that you can be succesful at the warriors and that success is noticed and appreciated by some influential people (Gould). Anyway stop poking holes in my theory, i'm trying to be optimistic!

Elliott's does a fair bit of media work (especially for radio). Wouldn't surprise me if he still had the desire to coach as well, which means we're asking him to give up media work (or seriously re-arrange when he can do that), pack up and shift countries, while giving him a secondary job that probably isn't his first choice.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Well they are pretty shot then, it seems that only the signing of CB will stop people from reconsidering their memberships.... shame for us if he doesnt want to come.

Haha yeah you have to laugh at people reactions to this whole coaching thing. People think that anything less than luring one of the best coaches in the game out of his contract is a failur. Unrealistic expectations.....gives people a chance to whinge.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Haha too right. If I was a member when Tony Kemp was coach, Il be a member no matter who coaches. Can't get any worse than Kemp right?

A lotta bad is coming from Beasley ave at the moment but I ain't turning my back on them.

Dickhead Scurrah needs to go. What he has said and how he's handle the situation, I'm not really sure he is right to be CEO.

Juju

Juniors
Haha yeah you have to laugh at people reactions to this whole coaching thing. People think that anything less than luring one of the best coaches in the game out of his contract is a failur. Unrealistic expectations.....gives people a chance to whinge.
Yes, but I don't think the public expectations were very well handled by the club at all.
Only days after Bluey was iced, Wayne was coming out saying money was no object, that they are targeting a super coach and basically alluding to the fact that Bellamy as their main target.

How can Kidwell & Elliot not be considered a whump-waaaaa after how that was managed?

It is obvious they are holding out for word from Bellamy, although can't see News Ltd ever letting him leave early...

Well the fans deserve it. To think the public will accept another 5 years of building with an unproven coach is just ludicrious. They talked big and the public were expecting big things. We should expect something great or they should of kept their mouths shut or kept Cleary.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Yes, but I don't think the public expectations were very well handled by the club at all.
Only days after Bluey was iced, Wayne was coming out saying money was no object, that they are targeting a super coach and basically alluding to the fact that Bellamy as their main target.

How can Kidwell & Elliot not be considered a whump-waaaaa after how that was managed?

It is obvious they are holding out for word from Bellamy, although can't see News Ltd ever letting him leave early...

Yeah he came out and said we were going to go after the best coach possible, by all reports they did/are doing so. It doesn't mean that Bellamy was always going to be a given. As a fan I'm sure you can use your own mind to look at the situation and see whats realistic rather than blindly expecting the best coach in the game to come ni matter what.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Well the fans deserve it. To think the public will accept another 5 years of building with an unproven coach is just ludicrious. They talked big and the public were expecting big things. We should expect something great or they should of kept their mouths shut or kept Cleary.

I agree, the majority of Warriors fans are idiots. They take exactly the same attitude to player signings as shown on facebook or that vodafone one tribe site, "oh man the warriors should sign benji and gi" nevermind the salary cap or contacts or anything.

hitman82

Bench
I'd much prefer DK as head coach with DA as director, than anything involving Matthew Elliot, who by most accounts is tactically inept and poor at developing young players... both aspects we require improvement in.