What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The search for a new coach

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I'd much prefer DK as head coach with DA as director, than anything involving Matthew Elliot, who by most accounts is tactically inept and poor at developing young players... both aspects we require improvement in.

Daniel Anderson as head coach is what I would have liked to seen. But I'm fine with Kidwell having a shot.

Yeah he came out and said we were going to go after the best coach possible, by all reports they did/are doing so. It doesn't mean that Bellamy was always going to be a given. As a fan I'm sure you can use your own mind to look at the situation and see whats realistic rather than blindly expecting the best coach in the game to come ni matter what.

I didn't mention we should get Bellamy or its a failure.

Best Coach Possible = David Kidwell
Best Director Possible = Mathew Elliot

Come on Fed you know the above options are shit yet it looks like we are getting them and you seem happy about it.

Agreed Daniel Anderson for director and a proven 1st grade coach is a must or we will be chasing our tails next year, Mateo will leave because he knows we got an unproven coach to develop his game. Scurrah will feel the pinch and get fired and the good old dark days of 99-2000 all over again. The writing's on the wall for absolute failure and it scares me.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I didn't mention we should get Bellamy or its a failure.

Best Coach Possible = David Kidwell
Best Director Possible = Mathew Elliot

Come on Fed you know the above options are shit yet it looks like we are getting them and you seem happy about it.

Agreed Daniel Anderson for director and a proven 1st grade coach is a must or we will be chasing our tails next year, Mateo will leave because he knows we got an unproven coach to develop his game. Scurrah will feel the pinch and get fired and the good old dark days of 99-2000 all over again. The writing's on the wall for absolute failure and it scares me.

Behind Bellemy what were the proven NRL fg options? Brian Smith and Tim Sheens? Seen both of them rubbished as options on here. They targeted Bellemy and Flannagan who are both under contract so always was going to be hard work getting them, from there you move onto promising younger coaches and there you have Kidwell. Looks like Parish is going to take over at the Tigers, have thwy failed miserably because they didn't get one of the best coaches to leave their current club? Same with the Roosters. I'm unsure about Elliot and would have prefered Anderson but am defintely willing to give the two of them a shot without predicitng the demise of the club.

Oh and considering Mateo was pushing for Iro as coach I'm not sure having a proven NRL coach is something that will massively factor into his decision to stay.

Last edited:

NZ Warrior

First Grade
The only way that I'm going to be happy, when Kidwell is announced as coach, is with the guarantee that Bellamy will be coach in 2014.

It would make a lot of sense for Kidwell to come in and start setting up systems, on Bellamy's orders. Then Bellamy can have a smooth transition into the Warriors head coaching role.

Otherwise, in 2013, I'm gonna start a rock band. I'll stop watching League, my band will have a couple of practises, we'll book gigs. Then we'll sound horrible, and smash up the stage after every gig. My band will be called Mike Hunt & the cutieerson Family Band.

Juju

Juniors
Signing Elliot would be one of the most monumental NRL PR disasters of all time...
Hiring the guy the Panthers sacked to hire our former coach.... I SHAKE MY HEAD>

Its very very hard to feel good about our prospects next year.

(praying for Bellamy...)

Behind Bellemy what were the proven NRL fg options? Brian Smith and Tim Sheens? Seen both of them rubbished as options on here. They targeted Bellemy and Flannagan who are both under contract so always was going to be hard work getting them, from there you move onto promising younger coaches and there you have Kidwell. Looks like Parish is going to take over at the Tigers, have thwy failed miserably because they didn't get one of the best coaches to leave their current club? Same with the Roosters. I'm unsure about Elliot and would have prefered Anderson but am defintely willing to give the two of them a shot without predicitng the demise of the club.

Oh and considering Mateo was pushing for Iro as coach I'm not sure having a proven NRL coach is something that will massively factor into his decision to stay.

Some people were in favour of Sheens. Bellamy has been rubbished on here too bringing his cheap wrestling into the Warriors was one comment I remembered. Smith we know by proof he does well with young squads but cant goto the next level once he stays at a club too long. David Kidwell needs to spend more time grooming his craft and until he spends up to 5 years as a 1st grade assistant coach. Look at Kearneys situation he admitted he wasnt ready. Spoon contenders we will be for 2013.

Hoping to be proven wrong .

Signing Elliot would be one of the most monumental NRL PR disasters of all time...
Hiring the guy the Panthers sacked to hire our former coach.... I SHAKE MY HEAD>

Its very very hard to feel good about our prospects next year.

(praying for Bellamy...)

Agreed on all fronts...

ozbash

Referee
The only way that I'm going to be happy, when Kidwell is announced as coach, is with the guarantee that Bellamy will be coach in 2014.

It would make a lot of sense for Kidwell to come in and start setting up systems, on Bellamy's orders. Then Bellamy can have a smooth transition into the Warriors head coaching role.

Otherwise, in 2013, I'm gonna start a rock band. I'll stop watching League, my band will have a couple of practises, we'll book gigs. Then we'll sound horrible, and smash up the stage after every gig. My band will be called Mike Hunt & the cutieerson Family Band.

Wow, grunge..:cool:

Micistm

Bench
Kidwell as head coach, even for a temporary one year spot to wait for Bellamy, does not do a lot for me personally. It just seems crazy, may as well just leave Iro there for the year in that case.
I don't know, the Warriors are doing more and more to make my confidence levels less and less.
...And wheres this ****ing superduper in depth review??!!

Lol, going to make this the biggest franchise/sporting club in australiasia. They are looking like Keystone Kops atm. Make your decision quick boys...Preseason in a month!

Micistm

Bench
Yes, but I don't think the public expectations were very well handled by the club at all.
Only days after Bluey was iced, Wayne was coming out saying money was no object, that they are targeting a super coach and basically alluding to the fact that Bellamy as their main target.

How can Kidwell & Elliot not be considered a whump-waaaaa after how that was managed?

It is obvious they are holding out for word from Bellamy, although can't see News Ltd ever letting him leave early...

Yes, you cannot blame the public for 'unfair expectation', it was what the club strongly hinted at! Scurrah was on Radio Sport on more than one occasion, always stating they were going after a big name x factor super coach, and even going as far on Veitch's breakfast show as hinting strongly Bellamy was in the mix.
If you want to blame anyone for the mess, forget the 'whingey masses' and point at Scurrah, who has handled the whole thing appallingly. I am baffled how he is still in his job

Illiterate

Juniors
Kidwell and Walters run the attack at the storm. So I wouldn't mind if we brought in Kidwell as our head coach as long as he only looks after the attack and bring in some one like Brian smith to run the defence.

TheDMC

Bench

All Blacks are pretty good watching at the moment. Love their group line speed in defence and how each of them really is intent in the tackle. Oh and their backline moves are pretty sweet too. Would work well from a league scrum.

Maybe the worriers should learn a few things from that team...

Micistm

Bench
All Blacks are pretty good watching at the moment. Love their group line speed in defence and how each of them really is intent in the tackle. Oh and their backline moves are pretty sweet too. Would work well from a league scrum.

Maybe the worriers should learn a few things from that team...

Their management should as well...starting with don't let your mouth write cheques your arse can't cash

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Yes, you cannot blame the public for 'unfair expectation', it was what the club strongly hinted at! Scurrah was on Radio Sport on more than one occasion, always stating they were going after a big name x factor super coach, and even going as far on Veitch's breakfast show as hinting strongly Bellamy was in the mix.
If you want to blame anyone for the mess, forget the 'whingey masses' and point at Scurrah, who has handled the whole thing appallingly. I am baffled how he is still in his job

Yeah and by all reports they did go after a big name aka Bellamy so whats your point? They did what he said they were going to do. Like I said it's not their fault if you have rocks in your head and just expected that Bellamy would leave his contract to come to the Warriors because we were chasing him, unfortunately that's not always how it quite works.

Meth

Staff member
This is what I was expecting-

Warriors Round 1, 2013: Billy Slater, Sisa Waqa, Dane Nielsen, Will Chambers, Justin O'Neill, Gareth Widdop, Cooper Cronk, Jessie Bromwich, Cameron Smith, Bryan Norrie, Sika Manu, Ryan Hoffman, Todd Lowrie. Interchange: Ryan Hinchcliffe, Kevin Proctor, Jaiman Lowe, Richie Fa'aoso

Coach: Craig Bellamy

Nothing less.

Get rid of Glenn asap

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

No one can blame the public for unfair expectation but they can be blamed if they simply expect that throwing millions at Bellamy is going to get the job done just like that.

I am buying a suit today. If I want a top quality one I will have to spend a lot. If I want a cheap one, I get what I pay for. Difference is - both are able to be bought at their retail price. Bellamy, or any other coach, has to want to be bought. My suit isn't going to say 'nah you won't be wearing me to any lavish events, you'll probably put on weight and pressure my seams...I'm not available'.

If Scurrah is asked by a radio host who their targets are, and they mention Bellamy, of course he'll say he's a target. And if we've spoken to him, no matter how cold on it he is, he's in the mix if he doesn't flat out say no.

Sounds to me like they've canvassed a few high-profile names and the suit doesn't doesn't want to be bought. So they're going to Hallensteins.

Juju

Juniors
Has anyone noticed that we are turning into the Souths of old. Talking it very large but failing miserably.
I just wish the owners will learn from the errors Rusty made cause the club looks pretty silly at the moment.

Latest posts