What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The search for a new coach

ramraider275

Juniors
Which is fine for a 12 month contract, but he fills up the club with a whole new kind of dead wood if left there for longer.

I honestly think this probably seals the (already slim) deal that we won't be getting Bellamy. Somehow Politis gets what he wants, and he wants Bellamy.

Have to agree don't think PLAN A: Bellamy; is going to come now, Politis rep proceeds him, power brokers in the background have probaly sealed the deal. So who is PLAN B or C????

Convenient that on TV3 news tonight they show Brian smith as a possible candidate :?

Iafeta

Referee
Slightly off topic I know,but I was walking out of Mt Smart after the Penrith game behind a couple of boys who were about 9 years old. The one in the Penrith jumper made a long and accurate assessment of everything that was wrong with the Warriors team and tactics. When we got to the car my friend said "hey kid you should be the coach of the Warriors", he replied "my dad wouldn't let me cos he's the coach of Penrith"
True

OMG, that is classic!

Iafeta

Referee
I think you boys need a coach that will give the boys a kick up the bum and that will set big standards someone but I just cant think of any of the coaches on the current market that could do that job.

Kearney seems like to much of a nice guy he is not the type of guy that will get in at half time and give the team a spray and rip the door out in the change room.

I think that is the type of coach warriors need a Hasler type of coach that will put high standards in or else be ready to play reserve grade for a long time no matter if your name is Mateo or Godinet everyone has to pull there own load.

I like it. No more circle jerking wristies to the bloke on the right.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Plan A seems to be Bellamy if we go from all reports, from there it starts getting hazey. Plan B could easily be someone like sheens, smith. You have to think if these 3 fall through who really is there? Stone? Henjak? Taylor? Anderson? Really doesn't look too promising if plan A falls to shit

Diesel

Referee
To me it seems like Bellamy is off to the Rorters in 2014 and the Rorters may end up with a caretaker coach for '13. I guess now well be chasing Sheens or Smith. Sheens as made 3 finals series in 10 seasons and Smith gets instant success then the clubs tend to implode after that.

Not sure what our options are but I thought they were chasing the best person they could.not overly confident anymore

Rich102

Staff member
If it isn't Bellamy I am glad it isn't me breaking the news to the Warrior's fans.
Plus another pie in the face for Glen.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
a season of brian smith would be okay. but since he always melts down after that, it'd have to be a single season.

shiznit

Coach
Which is fine for a 12 month contract, but he fills up the club with a whole new kind of dead wood if left there for longer.

I honestly think this probably seals the (already slim) deal that we won't be getting Bellamy. Somehow Politis gets what he wants, and he wants Bellamy.

:lol:

unfortunately for uncle nick... he hasn't crossed swords with Owen Glenn before.

governments have been toppled after getting into a shit fight with him.

Last edited:

Warmess

Juniors
:lol:

unfortunately for uncle nick... he hasn't crossed swords with Owen Glenn before.

governments have been toppled after getting into a shit fight with him.

Here's hoping! I don't care how much of Glenns money gets thrown at Bellamy so long as we get him. It'd be nice for us to get a true top shelf Aussie import rather than scraps as we always seem to get. Surely management know that getting Bellamy means a lot more than getting just a good coach.

Brian Smith for coaching director (Turned down the Roosters role cause we're offering him more....obviously). SK to coach 2013/get the club set up, 2014 Bellamy for head coach and SK assistant coach. Right? :sarcasm:

maddest_kiwi

Juniors
To me it seems like Bellamy is off to the Rorters in 2014 and the Rorters may end up with a caretaker coach for '13. I guess now well be chasing Sheens or Smith. Sheens as made 3 finals series in 10 seasons and Smith gets instant success then the clubs tend to implode after that.

Not sure what our options are but I thought they were chasing the best person they could.not overly confident anymore

Looking more and more like this...

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...bs-next-year--storm-chief-20120906-25hdz.html

THE chief executive of Melbourne, Ron Gauci, said last night there was no chance that Craig Bellamy would be coaching anywhere but at the Storm next year.
Bellamy's future is a hot topic following the sacking by Sydney Roosters of Brian Smith as coach on Wednesday. The Roosters had originally targeted Bellamy for 2014, but now they have a difficult decision to make with their coaching job vacant for next season.
Do they appoint someone long-term now, or do they put in a stop-gap coach and gamble on getting Bellamy for 2014? The perfect solution for them would be if Bellamy were to suddenly become free next year, and you wouldn't blame them for at least hoping that will happen.
Canterbury got Des Hasler a year earlier than expected. They originally signed Hasler for next season, but his difficult relationship with the Manly board led to a split at the end of last season and Hasler began work at the Bulldogs this year, with great results
But there is no problem with the working relationship between Bellamy and the Melbourne management - and there certainly doesn't appear to be any other reason the Storm would let him go. In fact, they would love to extend his deal whenever Bellamy likes.
''Craig is contracted to the Storm until the end of next season, and he has no intention of breaking that contract,'' Gauci said. ''And neither do we. Craig wants to stay, and we want him to stay. I've made it very clear that he has a job here for as long as he wants it.
''We would like to sign him beyond 2013, if and when Craig is ready to do that.''
Asked if he had felt compelled to discuss the future with Bellamy following developments at the Roosters, on top of the Warriors having already put out feelers for Bellamy for 2014, Gauci said it wasn't necessary.
''That's the problem when one club has got a vacancy and another club has the best coach in the competition - the coach is in demand,'' he said. ''But it's not an issue here. Craig and I had that conversation a long time ago, and we respect each other's opinions. We'll leave further discussions on the future until the appropriate time.
''Craig wants to coach in the finals and get on with that without any distractions. We've always said that when he wants to talk, we'll talk. He knows we want him. I'm not surprised other clubs want him as well.''
The former Roosters assistant coach Trent Robinson is also a major possibility for the job at the Roosters. He is coaching Catalans Dragons in the Super League, and they are headed for the finals as well.
The Roosters might have to wait to seriously negotiate with Robinson for next year, if he becomes their main target. Jason Taylor, who is coaching the under-20s at the Roosters, remains a possibility for the first-grade job as well.
Meanwhile, it is possible the Wests Tigers coach, Tim Sheens, could make a shock switch to the Warriors next season. Sheens is contracted to the Tigers until the end of 2014, but the club would consider releasing him if he wished.
Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys addressed rumours Sheens was on the way out. ''Tim is our head coach, we continue to believe that he's the best man for the job and that's really the end of it,'' Humphreys told Ten Network's The Game Plan program last night. ''The fact that we didn't meet expectations this year is something we need to take stock of. But rather than apportion blame and find someone to shoot to make us feel better, we're not going to take that path.''

Rich102

Staff member
According to the latest issue of RLW:

"West Tigers mentor Tim Sheens has declined an opportunity to go for the Warriors coaching job. NZ officials were keen to interview Sheens - under pressure after his team's dismal 2012 - but the veteran wants to stay loyal to his players, see out his contract and attempt to resurrect the club's fortunes in 2013."

Izz

Bench

"West Tigers mentor Tim Sheens has declined an opportunity to go for the Warriors coaching job. NZ officials were keen to interview Sheens - under pressure after his team's dismal 2012 - but the veteran wants to stay loyal to his players, see out his contract and attempt to resurrect the club's fortunes in 2013."
Hooray! Hopefully it's true, though half of RLW's rumors end up the exact opposite.

jamaman

Juniors

so bellamy is not interested as well? which only leaves Smith..

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-in-hiring-smith/story-e6frexnr-1226466816469

These fools clearly just sit at their desk, say 'hey keyboard, give me some names' and off they go.

Kidwell? Scurrah has already poo-pooed that ridiculous rumour. And well respected over here? Is he? I wouldn't have thought so. So is Ruben but he ain't getting it.

And why is Smith a 'shock' contender? He lost his job, he's looking for one, so are we, and now he's a 'shock' contender? Mmm.

Skinner

Coach
RLW have just posted that the Roosters have signed Trent Robinson (Catalans) for 3 years. Guess it throws it open again.

ramraider275

Juniors
LOL all that talk in the roosters forum about Bellamy next minute uncle nick couldn't get him, Leaves us still in the running for Bellamy and Sheens...

Latest posts