What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Shawn Blore Fan Club

franklin2323

Immortal
It was Griffin that was continually bringing in new young guys and TMM very likely was let go because of off field issues IMO. Mansour has been here since debuting. Whare has been here since he came. Dallin, Waqa, Cleary, Edwards, RCG, Yeo, Kikau, Leota, JFH have all become regulars since they established themselves as quality first graders. CHN has been in the side until last week.

TMM is the only one we never really gave a solid crack.

Kikau 32 games
Edwards 25 games
Leota 32 games

We are hardly talking hundreds of games though. The others you are right with but that is it in 6 or so years since Gus has been here. So what says this will be different?

betcats

Referee
Kikau 32 games
Edwards 25 games
Leota 32 games

We are hardly talking hundreds of games though. The others you are right with but that is it in 6 or so years since Gus has been here. So what says this will be different?

None of these guys will be out of the top 17 anytime soon imo.

GongPanther

Referee
FTR I rate a few guys yet to debut. I'd put Martin, Burns and Waddell over Hetherington and Ellis. Brian Too is better than Phillips and Dean Blore looks good

We just don't have to be record with keeping guys long term. So I say within 5 years every player mentioned on this page is playing elsewhere
Brian Too is one hell of a wing,although I noticed he has been push into the centre. Can't wait for him to make the Panthers NRL squad.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
We don't keep them long enough to decide is my issue. Look at CHN and TMM both have had injury issues which affects their play. Someone newer and shiner come along and we move on
About 75% of players are carrying minor injuries by this time of year. What injury does CHN that's affecting him so badly this year? I know last year it was his shoulder but I've heard nothing about him this year. To me he just doesn't take enough hard runs for an 80 minute player who comes off the bench. It's hard to believe he has an injury restricting his stamina given he played 80 in the ISP final (during which we defended 6 sets back to back) and didn't look gassed at all.
Brian Too is better than Phillips
During u/20's Origin QLD were carving up going down his side. Didn't try and come in or take an intercept. He was caught in no man's land every time. I'm not convinced.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
I rate him highly but we also have our back 5 set so
Look at how desperate we got this year despite being set and having Peachey as an option.

Aekins, Luai and Peachey got some fullback time. Crichton and Phillips racked up a lot of games on the wing.

If there's one thing we can count on. Its not having our full strength roster available very often.

franklin2323

Immortal
Look at how desperate we got this year despite being set and having Peachey as an option.

Aekins, Luai and Peachey got some fullback time. Crichton and Phillips racked up a lot of games on the wing.

If there's one thing we can count on. Its not having our full strength roster available very often.

How many will be here in 2020 is the question

Big Mick

Referee
Brian Too is the reason I was surprised we re-signed Mansour tbh. I thought he'd be part of the team from 2019.

I think CHN leaving is going to mean Blore makes his debut in 2019 and it will be awesome.

I just hope he doesn't go like Vaipuna Tia Kilifi who was exceptional in the juniors but never made the grade. I don't think Blore will be like that but because he is way more skillful.

Brian Too is the reason I was surprised we re-signed Mansour tbh. I thought he'd be part of the team from 2019.

I think CHN leaving is going to mean Blore makes his debut in 2019 and it will be awesome.

I just hope he doesn't go like Vaipuna Tia Kilifi who was exceptional in the juniors but never made the grade. I don't think Blore will be like that but because he is way more skillful.
I believe he will too. Shawn is on a development contract for next year.

betcats

Referee

Nah Blore has the attitude.

So e kids dominate the juniors so easily they expect it to happen when they go up, when it doesn’t we find out what they are made of mentally.

Edit: Leota is a good example of this. He went from dominating the nyc to struggling against men, but he kept working hard and now looks very strong after a year or two. His last season in nyc you couldn’t of asked for a more rampaging forward and that was 3 years ago, it can take that long even with the right attitude.

Blore seems like he’s another tier in terms of talent though, if his attitude stays right he can make his mark in the nrl much earlier.

Last edited:

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Nah Blore has the attitude.

So e kids dominate the juniors so easily they expect it to happen when they go up, when it doesn’t we find out what they are made of mentally.

Edit: Leota is a good example of this. He went from dominating the nyc to struggling against men, but he kept working hard and now looks very strong after a year or two. His last season in nyc you couldn’t of asked for a more rampaging forward and that was 3 years ago, it can take that long even with the right attitude.

Blore seems like he’s another tier in terms of talent though, if his attitude stays right he can make his mark in the nrl much earlier.
Yes, he a good mix of attitude and talent.

Last edited:

ALX25

Bench
Held his own against Fifita in the SOO U18 game. The tackle to stop a rampaging QLD prop on the try line was a classic captains knock.

Latest posts