What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Shawn Blore Fan Club

OldPanther

Coach
Once a player debuts for us they either make our top 17 and we get rid of the player they replaced or the recently debuted player goes.

It would be nice to debut Blore and Crichton around origin next year. Send them back down to lower grades. Then give them a few trials and few more games and build our depth that way.

Though that isn't the way Gus rolls

That sounds pretty solid.

betcats

Referee
Once a player debuts for us they either make our top 17 and we get rid of the player they replaced or the recently debuted player goes.

It would be nice to debut Blore and Crichton around origin next year. Send them back down to lower grades. Then give them a few trials and few more games and build our depth that way.

Though that isn't the way Gus rolls

We have literally been debuting young guys them moving them back to isp or nyc since Gus got here.

RCG is the only one I can think of who debuted and stayed in the 17 without going back down. Maybe Dallin as well.

franklin2323

Immortal
We have literally been debuting young guys them moving them back to isp or nyc since Gus got here.

RCG is the only one I can think of who debuted and stayed in the 17 without going back down. Maybe Dallin as well.

How many stay more then a season doing that though? TMM, MWZ, Crichton, Even CHN gets to almost 50 games when he would be more consistent and gone. They never stay more then 2 seasons once they get a start so I can't see either above making 100 games for us

Pomoz

Bench
If our junior development continues to be successful, we will always be releasing players to make room for the new players. The knack will be to keep the superstars of the future. That is easy to say, but difficult to do. How do you know who will make it and who won't? We can't keep them all.

Fangs

Coach
If our junior development continues to be successful, we will always be releasing players to make room for the new players. The knack will be to keep the superstars of the future. That is easy to say, but difficult to do. How do you know who will make it and who won't? We can't keep them all.

Gotta study who does it the best. Melbourne come to mind.

I thought Scott Drinkwater looked outstanding against the Panthers last week.

forby

Juniors
But Melbourne doesn’t have the number of new juniors coming through that Penrith does. A player gets a taste of first grade and wants more. If he can’t get it here he goes elsewhere. That is always going to happen.

betcats

Referee
Gotta study who does it the best. Melbourne come to mind.

I thought Scott Drinkwater looked outstanding against the Panthers last week.

We do it the best. Melbournes rookies have been in and out of the team all year. Jacks, Crofts etc

We produce more NRL players than any other club, our junior sides are consistently at the top for years now.

Edit: Drinkwater is a talent though, big time. I live at Terrigal where he is from, been on the radar for a while now.

We do it the best. Melbournes rookies have been in and out of the team all year. Jacks, Crofts etc

We produce more NRL players than any other club, our junior sides are consistently at the top for years now.

Edit: Drinkwater is a talent though, big time. I live at Terrigal where he is from, been on the radar for a while now.
The Bondi of the Coast, awful place imo

mxlegend99

Referee

Nathan Cleary made his debut and played 40 odd games straight before injury forced him out.

But more often then not they go back to lower grades. They have to. Most debuts are due to injury.

betcats

Referee
The Bondi of the Coast, awful place imo

Its changed a lot, I live right behind the beery(back onto the multi story carpark) and I haven't seen a fight in a year! lol im 29 now but when I was 17/18 there were big blues every weekend I went there.

I enjoy living there, spent most of my coast life at Avoca(which is the best) in but have lived at Saratoga(another place I love) and Wambi.

Terrigal is fun if like myself you still like to party haha, if you are settled then I can see why you don't go there.

Edit: Also the haven and the walk they put in around the park is beautiful now also, Ive been walking that everymorning I get a chance.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Nathan Cleary made his debut and played 40 odd games straight before injury forced him out.

But more often then not they go back to lower grades. They have to. Most debuts are due to injury.

Yeah Cleary was an obvious one I forgot lol.

Fangs

Coach

Do we though?

I'm not talking about talent production. I'm talking about keeping the right stock. Moylan/Cartwright was a mixed bag. Jury is still out imo.

betcats

Referee
Do we though?

I'm not talking about talent production. I'm talking about keeping the right stock. Moylan/Cartwright was a mixed bag. Jury is still out imo.

We made Moylan captain, he was in the plans long term until hook f**ked us.

Carty who the f**k knows lol but he isn't making us regret losing him that is for sure.

Other than that maybe TMM who wasn't one of our anyway.

What other juniors have we lost that we didn't want to? CHN maybe but that is more than likely being done to keep better prospects at the club.

All that being I can see what you mean in regards to Melbourne and rentention, I think a lot of that has to do with their culture which is what we are trying to build at Penrith, and as someone said they do not produce players at the rate we have been.

franklin2323

Immortal
We made Moylan captain, he was in the plans long term until hook f**ked us.

Carty who the f**k knows lol but he isn't making us regret losing him that is for sure.

Other than that maybe TMM who wasn't one of our anyway.

What other juniors have we lost that we didn't want to? CHN maybe but that is more than likely being done to keep better prospects at the club.

All that being I can see what you mean in regards to Melbourne and rentention, I think a lot of that has to do with their culture which is what we are trying to build at Penrith, and as someone said they do not produce players at the rate we have been.

Give us their spine and we can do things their way. We don't have that though

franklin2323

Immortal

We don't keep them long enough to decide is my issue. Look at CHN and TMM both have had injury issues which affects their play. Someone newer and shiner come along and we move on

franklin2323

Immortal
Do we though?

That is my point in 2 years there will be a new batch or 18 yo that will make the step up. Who we get rid of to get them in is the key. It is too soon to show if that is a strength of ours or not

betcats

Referee
That is my point in 2 years there will be a new batch or 18 yo that will make the step up. Who we get rid of to get them in is the key. It is too soon to show if that is a strength of ours or not

It was Griffin that was continually bringing in new young guys and TMM very likely was let go because of off field issues IMO. Mansour has been here since debuting. Whare has been here since he came. Dallin, Waqa, Cleary, Edwards, RCG, Yeo, Kikau, Leota, JFH have all become regulars since they established themselves as quality first graders. CHN has been in the side until last week.

TMM is the only one we never really gave a solid crack.

OldPanther

Coach
Its changed a lot, I live right behind the beery(back onto the multi story carpark) and I haven't seen a fight in a year! lol im 29 now but when I was 17/18 there were big blues every weekend I went there.

I enjoy living there, spent most of my coast life at Avoca(which is the best) in but have lived at Saratoga(another place I love) and Wambi.

Terrigal is fun if like myself you still like to party haha, if you are settled then I can see why you don't go there.

Edit: Also the haven and the walk they put in around the park is beautiful now also, Ive been walking that everymorning I get a chance.

A work mate met Nathan at the beery a few weeks ago.