What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The shoulder charge debate thread

thorson1987

Coach
He would have missed the Roosters game if they contested it.

Not if he got off though. And I would have thought he had a very good chance at it.

Will see what happens this week though with Luke and Jorge if he challenges it.

t-ba

Post Whore
Not if he got off though. And I would have thought he had a very good chance at it.

Will see what happens this week though with Luke and Jorge if he challenges it.

I guess they though a bird in the hand was better than two in the bush.

With Taufua, it's a no lose situation. Jorge gets suspended, Tommy Turbo comes in. Jorge gets off, Awesome.

POPEYE

Coach
They are challenging Tafua's bullshit charge.

Interesting that if you bend your back in a copybook tackle where the shoulder does all the work it has to be a shoulder charge if you're moving forward . . . don't see many tacklers trying to push people over

You'll see players shoulder charging legs, knees, waists in every tackle, Tafua's might have been high enough to be deemed dangerous but if he had of bent over and done the same thing what is it then. . . is there a demarcation point, maybe from the tits up

Tinkler

Juniors
the NRL is covering themselves at the moment until the offseason when they can sit down with the medical, legal experts etc... as well as the referees. judiciary

when there is a product thats faulty causing harm or death, companies recall all their products at large costs then be liable for massive litigation.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
the NRL is covering themselves at the moment until the offseason when they can sit down with the medical, legal experts etc... as well as the referees. judiciary

when there is a product thats faulty causing harm or death, companies recall all their products at large costs then be liable for massive litigation.

Ahhh I see.

So EVERY tackle that has gone beyond the horizontal has been cited and suspended for 2 years.

Gotcha.

adamkungl

Immortal
I am definitely advocating for the return of the full blown shoulder charge, unlike the softcocks on here who are saying otherwise.

Ultimately they will have to revise the rule, because player welfare is being compromised through defenders not being able to fully protect themselves in the collision.

Ironical, isn't it?

Tinkler

Juniors
I am definitely advocating for the return of the full blown shoulder charge, unlike the softcocks on here who are saying otherwise.

34e2dca5f6967bad622a8e8f4409fa0f04329b4cf7a74b810285e2dd2537350c.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
Have we had the research yet if a ball carry shoulder charge is as dangerous as a defender shoulder charging? Wouldn't want to get along unnecessary risks.

NrlCoach

Juniors
In AFL you get 0 week if you make no contact with the head and if you do make contact with head you migh get 1 week depending on the injury. The AFL has better lawyers better doctors and yet the shoulder charge is not banned.

The guy on the video got 1 week because he broke his jaw. where is the media, the lawyers and the doctors giving it to AFL. LOL mason got 1 week as the guy on the video. Even the AFL youtube channel has it as Magpie reported for huge hit - AFL :lol:

[youtube]8LWlQ8VIzMk[/youtube]

NrlCoach

Juniors
How does the AFL get away with letting the player hits each out with the shoulder. where are the doctors and lawyers. Soo many g force and whip lash i am outraged :crazy:

[youtube]22wpn9hYOmk[/youtube][/QUOTE]

Banana Peel

Juniors
The events of the past fortnight:

Too many people were woohooing, clapping and enjoying themselves after Kane Evans effected a great hit on Kasiano.:crazy:

This presented an imminent danger to the welfare and safety of the NRL's ego.

The fun police then doubled down to ensure such embarrassment was never visited upon them again.

Do not question your master!

You must obey!

Have I missed anything?

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Issac and Taufua should both get off on the shoulder charge.

I haven't seen Guerra's one but I assume he should get off too?

RWB

Bench
All 3 get off...

A $300m business run with the competency of a kindergarten kid. Or is that too harsh on kindergarten kids?

adamkungl

Immortal
Oh no looks like Todd has presided over yet another clusterf**k! They can't even crackdown competently! On your bike Todd ya loser

Latest posts