What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Souths backline

BunniesMan

Immortal
Still holding out hope Merritt is replaced by Johnston at the last minute for this weekends game. We're severely lacking in razzle dazzle.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
If the rumour of Konrad Hurrell going to Souths becomes an eventuality, I will be very sad panda.

BunniesMan

Immortal
My dreams have come true. All of a sudden what was old and tired and past it in the early rounds (Merritt, Tuqiri etc) is young and exciting and full of razzle dazzle. Walker, Auvaa and Johnston all could be special players.

SOUTH Sydney have dropped a selection bombshell ahead of tomorrow night’s clash against Brisbane, dropping top try-scorer Nathan Merritt to NSW Cup.

The veteran winger, who broke the club’s all-time try scoring record two weeks ago, did not join his teammates when they arrived at Sydney airport to fly north this afternoon.

Young winger Alex Johnston appeared instead and is expected to make his debut before a massive Anzac Day crowd at Suncorp Stadium.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...rritt-to-nsw-cup/story-fni3gki8-1226894844193

ek999

First Grade
The only thing is Maguire does mention in the SMH article that he has to choose between him and Joel Reddy. Hope he picks Reddy just for the lols

lockyno1

Post Whore
I'm pretty sure I watch more Souths games than you and have no problem calling a player shit when he is. Goodwin has been great since he got here

But you aren't wrong he was off his game last week. Won't happen twice

On Merritt, he dropped the easiest try you could ever catch and he came in when he didn't need to leading to the first Dogs try. Goodwin dropping the ball had no effect on the game because Dogs got a penalty blown for a late tackle on the kicker anyway. Still would have been a kick to even up if Goodwin had caught it

Actually I watch every Souths match, living with my roommate who follows them like nothing before does that to you. I don't mind, I'll watch any football anyway.

Goodwin was putrid in the centres last year, cost you a GF spot..what the heck makes you think he has improved. He makes dumb decisions after dumb errors. In short he is just a dumb footballer, every team has them but teams with less dumb footballers win premierships!

The penalty was for Reynolds I think being in front of Goodwin after he spilled an absolute soda!

Noa

First Grade
Why Souths would want Hurrell anyway is beyond me.

A 2015 backline containing Avuaa, Aaron Gray, Irea Simone and another winger looks pretty good too me.

Iafeta

Referee
Wouldn't have a clue who Aaron Gray and Irea Simone are. I do know that Hurrell busts tackles for fun, and I do know that a few weeks ago he set up 4 tries with his winger in 80 minutes of football. He's getting some tough love from Andrew McFadden, I don't think he's far off being a high class centre.

Noa

First Grade
Gray and Simone are a couple young guns.

Hurrell, aside from looking like he's swallowed all the sheep in nz, can't even make the the top 17 of the team running 2nd last. Souths don't need him, trust me

Tommy Smith

Referee
Hopefully Hurrell doesn't become the next Dave Taylor.

He's the most powerful ball runner I've ever seen.

If he can stay fit and sort out his defence then he'll become the most destructive centre in the game.

Noa

First Grade
Hopefully Hurrell doesn't become the next Dave Taylor.

He's the most powerful ball runner I've ever seen.

If he can stay fit and sort out his defence then he'll become the most destructive centre in the game.

What is he, 22 or 23, and already having weight and.fitness issues.

No thanks.