What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Spine

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
155e255af348f8ec36ec0193f775ffac.jpg

V

Vasilevsky

Vas is not the sort of person to let the truth get in the way of a good rant.

I'm so sick of you but if you really need my acknowledgment so badly.....

In your opinion would Momcilo Dujic have made a good playmaker? How about a good captain? Be truthful. Pretend your Nazi-collaborator forbears are recording your answer.

SBD82

Coach
I'm so sick of you but if you really need my acknowledgment so badly.....

In your opinion would Momcilo Dujic have made a good playmaker? How about a good captain? Be truthful. Pretend your Nazi-collaborator forbears are recording your answer.

I'm sick of you too vas. Can't believe they still let you on the Internet.

I thought there were restrictions for people who were caught with that kind of disgusting material.

V

Vasilevsky

I'm sick of you too vas. Can't believe they still let you on the Internet.

I thought there were restrictions for people who were caught with that kind of disgusting material.

Great. Then there is no need for you to reply to me as I won't to you. A incredibly simple solution.

BrissyRedV

Bench
So much nonsense. Where do I begin.....

Nice embellishment but let me be more precise in my comment and question.

The whole team wasn't that bad but for sake of argument, let's say they were. Widdop and Mann were not merely bad but f**king terrible! While I admit Mann was special Widdop wasn't far behind. Hard to put Lafai in with those 2 because the only time he was sighted is when he moved so slow to cut Barba off when he scored (the first try), he looked to not be trying.

I don't think even you, your embellishments aside, would contest that. Yet, on this forum most of the criticism has been for Benji, Rein, Dugan and JDB. Only me and Rob Dragon (until your meek and quickly embellished criticism) said anything bout Widdop. So I'm just wondering WTF is going on?

Firstly it isn't just Benji. It's also the Dragons other backline player with at least some talent, Dugan. Secondly, the position was offered to Benji first but he turned it down. Having said that, you are right to an extent. It should have always been offered to Dugan first.

Mary has a chance to swallow his pride and admit he made a mistake because Gareth Widdop is not a long term first grade player. He tries very hard but lacks talent. If he weighed 120kg and could move reasonably well he would be a great prop. Not in the Kasiano mold because Widdop's ball skills are lacking but he would do well in the LAM mold if he learned to not meekly surrender to enemy defense as soon as a hand is laid on him.

If Mary won't do that and soon, it will be his head on the chopping block. I just don't think the team will respond to such a massively overrated and overpaid player such as Widdop. Dugan on the other puts his body on the line. Runs hard, breaks tackles, makes breaks (doesn't kick out on the full every game:crazy:) and etc. A natural leader for a RL team.

As is said, it's not just about Benji but certainly includes Benji. The 4 most notable are Rein, Benji, Dugan and JDB in that order. I admit Rein has some things to work on but he doesn't make so many more mistakes than Widdop and is much more involved. The other 3 also are not 'perfect' (as it seems lots of homies here expect them to be. No doubt to further mask Widdop's shortcomings) but are all 3 good or very good players.

I already addressed this but let me ask you. Would you agree that some were worse than others? If so, who in your opinion were the 3 worst?

Would be a nice embellishment if it were original. Firstly see my previous 2 questions. Secondly, I think you have unwittingly hit the nail right on the head. Widdop tries hard, is probably a fierce competitor and severely lacks talent. If he was in a team with Inglis, Folau and Matt King outside him. Smith and Cronk inside him and Slater behind him, I'm sure he would do just fine. Actually in a such a team a thoroughly unremarkable "workman-like" player probably compliments it very well. The Dragons struggle to score points. Too much pressure (and attention from enemy defence) on Benji and Dugan to do it all themselves. That is why Widdop is bad for the Dragons.

Sorry if you don't like it but the truth can sometimes hurt.

I want to know WTF is going on. Is Widdop paying off posters here, out of his massively inflated supercoach Price era salary, to try and suppress criticism or have a large % of the posters here lost their minds in a Gareth Widdop loving trance?

Yeah, nah. Stopped reading at embellishment. Ironic that you would use that term though.

V

Vasilevsky

Yeah, nah. Stopped reading at embellishment. Ironic that you would use that term though.

Yeah, nah. If you want to bury your head in the sand, fine by me but it won't change the facts. Those facts are that whatever you think about Benji, it doesn't change the fact one iota that Widdop is unbelievably overrated and it is extremely unlikely the Dragons will consistently win while he is taking up a significant % of the salary cap and is regarded as one of the best players in the team.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Yeah, nah. If you want to bury your head in the sand, fine by me but it won't change the facts. Those facts are that whatever you think about Benji, it doesn't change the fact one iota that Widdop is unbelievably overrated and it is extremely unlikely the Dragons will consistently win while he is taking up a significant % of the salary cap and is regarded as one of the best players in the team.

Hahahaha you have delivered zero facts and provided zero evidence to back up your opinion so feel free to maintain your delusions.

blacksafake

First Grade
I already addressed this but let me ask you. Would you agree that some were worse than others? If so, who in your opinion were the 3 worst?

Mann,Rein,JDB

V

Vasilevsky

Mann,Rein,JDB

Ok. Well that is your ridiculous opinion but according to pretty much everyone else not struck down with a severe case of Gareth Widdop love syndrome or not being paid off by him from his massively inflated, supercoach Price era salary, Widdop and Mann were the worst 2 on the ground.

That is an improvement of sorts. I remember the second game against the Shonkies last season, the game when I finally gave up on Widdop, he was easily the worst.

V

Vasilevsky

Hahahaha you have delivered zero facts and provided zero evidence to back up your opinion so feel free to maintain your delusions.

Yeah, nah. How would you know if as you stated is true and you didn't read past the second word of the first sentence?

I can only conclude you read the whole thing, know at least a large portion of it is true (the part about if he were 120kg is obviously hypothetical but it's true Kasiano has better ball skills).

SBD82

Coach
Yeah, nah. How would you know if as you stated is true and you didn't read past the second word of the first sentence?

I can only conclude you read the whole thing, know at least a large portion of it is true (the part about if he were 120kg is obviously hypothetical but it's true Kasiano has better ball skills).

Are you sure you're allowed to be talking about ball skills?

BrissyRedV

Bench

Mann,Rein,JDB

The team as a whole played terribly and there were a few players who were not existent but if I had to highlight 3 it would be Rein, Cooper, Mann and Mary.

BrissyRedV

Bench

I didn't need to read that post to realise it is the exact same as the rest of your baseless dribble.

V

Vasilevsky

I didn't need to read that post to realise it is the exact same as the rest of your baseless dribble.

So you don't know but are guessing that I didn't allude to any facts? That is a sound argument. Good for circular reasoning which as we all know, and as Gareth Widdop is thankfully relieved, leaves no loose ends. Previously we could have counted on him to not do anything to disturb the status-quo one way or another but recently he seems to be finding a way more and more to f**k everything up. FFS that is 3 games in a row he has kicked out on the full!

Last edited by a moderator:

BrissyRedV

Bench
So you don't know but are guessing that I didn't allude to any facts? That is a sound argument. Good for circular reasoning which as we all know, and as Gareth Widdop is thankfully relieved, leaves no loose ends. Previously we could have counted on him to not do anything to disturb the status-quo one way or another but recently he seems to be finding a way more and more to f**k everything up. FFS that is 3 games in a row he has kicked out on the full!

Allude does not mean presented and based on previous posts, the probability of you presenting any evidence or facts was minimal at best.

V

Vasilevsky

Allude does not mean presented and based on previous posts, the probability of you presenting any evidence or facts was minimal at best.

So now you say even though it's unlikely, there may be some pertinent facts? Is it a fact that he has kicked out on the full 3 f**king games in row? And no, I don't mean penalty kicks! I know why he does it. He is thinking "I have to do something to justify my massively inflated salary. If I pull this off they wil be calling me the greatest Dragon ever and if I miss and completely f**k up the team, they will be blamed for the loss, not me."

Last edited by a moderator:

BrissyRedV

Bench
So now you say even though it's unlikely, there may be some pertinent facts? Is it a fact that he has kicked out on the full 3 f**king games in row? And no, I don't mean penalty kicks! I know why he does it. He is thinking "I have to do something to justify my massively inflated salary. If I pull this off they wil be calling me the greatest Dragon ever and if I miss and completely f**k up the team, they will be blamed for the loss, not me."

Oh my God! Widdop has made 3 errors in 3 games! Everyone, panic! Panic! Panic!

And yes although unlikely there may have been as I didn't read the post so cannot say definitively. But as you have not repeated these unlikely life changing facts, it is safe to assume there were none.