What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Spine

Minh

First Grade
As I said to the other poster about not liking it. I don't like the constant criticisms of the clubs only decent backs (Benji and Dugan) even less. I don't have a cry about it, I contest the comments with facts. If I don't feel like it, I just ignore the comments.

I don't acknowledge his good games because I can't remember any. His "good games" are games when he is merely floating around the ball a lot, throwing passes 5 meters before the line (and to be honest, putting in some good attacking kicks) while not making any mistakes and leaving it up to Benji and Dugan to carry the attack.

and FFS, don't dare say the last game from last season. Fat Grubs were exhausted. Benji was having a blinder. Forwards were running all over the fat Grubs. Benji was taken out. Widdop took over and was solid and "workman-like" until THAT kick (which he does every game now). Then every second poster here talks like it is the greatest game he has every played......... I guess for the Dragons they may be right. I should rephrase that. Many posters here talk about it as the best game anyone has every played. Incredible and really painful to read.

And then homies turn around and blame Benji and Dugan for the poor attack:crazy::crazy::crazy: It's a surrealistic nightmare.

You see Vas, that's what you think and you are entitled to it, we already know it, but you must respect that plenty others here do rate Widdop, IMO he's a great player and he will prove it this year.....

Minh

First Grade
PS. it is very easy to lay the boot in when the team is down, the whole team played poorly last round....

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Insurrection on the freeway, turn around and go the wrong way.
The wrong way, the wrong way.

I can't hear you!

Overload, forgot to mention, chain reaction in detention.
September-sylum contradiction. Lifestyle, litmus causing friction.

Insurrection on the free way, turn around and go the wrong way.

I'm a servant in this palace, so corrupt and out of balance.
I can't hear you.

The wrong way, the wrong way.

V

Vasilevsky

You see Vas, that's what you think and you are entitled to it, we already know it, but you must respect that plenty others here do rate Widdop, IMO he's a great player and he will prove it this year.....

Fine! Instead of whinging about what I say, demonstrate how it's wrong.

V

Vasilevsky

PS. it is very easy to lay the boot in when the team is down, the whole team played poorly last round....

Which is the crux of the problem here. Only me and Rob Dragon criticized Widdop, who wasn't merely "bad" but was shocking. Yet every second moron is raving about Benji, Dugan, Rein, JDB and others but not a word about Widdop. WTF is going on??? Is Widdop paying off posters on this forum out of his massively inflated "supercoach Price era" salary???

Minh

First Grade
Which is the crux of the problem here. Only me and Rob Dragon criticized Widdop, who wasn't merely "bad" but was shocking. Yet every second moron is raving about Benji, Dugan, Rein, JDB and others but not a word about Widdop. WTF is going on??? Is Widdop paying off posters on this forum out of his massively inflated "supercoach Price era" salary???

They all played poorly. The only reason Benji gets more attention is because of all the speculation surrounding his future at Saints. I am a big Benji Marshall fan although I do think that the two halves struggle to form a good combination often enough and I thought this year they'll click and they might still do that.
Mitch Rein, he has his upside, good defense and running game but he's not a real intelligent footballer IMO, but he has potential to improve. JDB is a very good player/improved immensely but had a quiet game last week but was not the only one that was quiet. Dugan, out of position and no room to move in the last two games. He also looks a little sluggish and bulky but he's a good enough player to bounce back in a big way, he's coming back from surgery.

Minh

First Grade
Anyway I'm not an expert otherwise I'd be coaching NRL. Like most of us we are merely lounge chair coaches with a million opinions. As a supporter I'm always hoping that every player plays well and not look to them to have a bad game to lay the boot in.......

V

Vasilevsky

They all played poorly. The only reason Benji gets more attention is because of all the speculation surrounding his future at Saints. I am a big Benji Marshall fan although I do think that the two halves struggle to form a good combination often enough and I thought this year they'll click and they might still do that.
Mitch Rein, he has his upside, good defense and running game but he's not a real intelligent footballer IMO, but he has potential to improve. JDB is a very good player/improved immensely but had a quiet game last week but was not the only one that was quiet. Dugan, out of position and no room to move in the last two games. He also looks a little sluggish and bulky but he's a good enough player to bounce back in a big way, he's coming back from surgery.

You see it again? Benji, Dugan and Rein all in a negative light but one of the spine not mentioned at all. Again, WTF is going on? Is Widdop paying you to try and suppress criticism of him?

Minh

First Grade
You see it again? Benji, Dugan and Rein all in a negative light but one of the spine not mentioned at all. Again, WTF is going on? Is Widdop paying you to try and suppress criticism of him?

You have your views and there's no need to be paranoid and twist my post to suit your own personal views and dislike of a player and impose your views onto others (read carefully and you would see that I am praising those players Benji, JDB, Dugan). Widdop was one our best players against the Melbourne Storm, I get paid for nothing NRL related. Like I said we are all lounge chair experts.....

BrissyRedV

Bench
As I said to the other poster about not liking it. I don't like the constant criticisms of the clubs only decent backs (Benji and Dugan) even less. I don't have a cry about it, I contest the comments with facts. If I don't feel like it, I just ignore the comments.

I don't acknowledge his good games because I can't remember any. His "good games" are games when he is merely floating around the ball a lot, throwing passes 5 meters before the line (and to be honest, putting in some good attacking kicks) while not making any mistakes and leaving it up to Benji and Dugan to carry the attack.

and FFS, don't dare say the last game from last season. Fat Grubs were exhausted. Benji was having a blinder. Forwards were running all over the fat Grubs. Benji was taken out. Widdop took over and was solid and "workman-like" until THAT kick (which he does every game now). Then every second poster here talks like it is the greatest game he has every played......... I guess for the Dragons they may be right. I should rephrase that. Many posters here talk about it as the best game anyone has every played. Incredible and really painful to read.

And then homies turn around and blame Benji and Dugan for the poor attack:crazy::crazy::crazy: It's a surrealistic nightmare.

Hahaha I started laughing after the facts statement. Suggesting your own opinion is fact and ignoring true facts is geniused. I really like the grubs game comments. Just another occasion you're ignoring true facts. Let's examine the following facts to refute your opinion:
Benji tries 3, try assists 22, linebreaks 6
Gaz tries 9 (actually our highest try scorer), try assists 15, linebreaks 6
Now please tell me, how do you interpret those facts? Do you still blame Widdop for our attack? I truly do not know how you can take anything from the start of this season and suggest benji is so much better than widdop. He had every chance to stamp his authority on that last game and came up with zip. It really sounds like you enjoyed us losing just so you could come on here lambast some forum members who disagree with your opinion and your "facts".

As for the Dugan, I don't think anyone actually criticises him for our attack last year. He is a very good defensive fullback back but if we want our attack to improve his position needed to change. His returns from last year were first class but his actual attacking stats: tries 7, try assists 2 and linebreaks 10, are well below the best attacking teams fullbacks. If people are happy to rely on grinding footy to win games, then Dugan is our man for the fullback slot. But if we want improved attack he is not. We need the 3rd play maker because we get none of that from dummy half.

V

Vasilevsky

You have your views and there's no need to be paranoid and twist my post to suit your own personal views and dislike of a player and impose your views onto others (read carefully and you would see that I am praising those players Benji, JDB, Dugan). Widdop was one our best players against the Melbourne Storm, I get paid for nothing NRL related. Like I said we are all lounge chair experts.....

That is another problem I have with him and half the posters on this forum. He was solid and "workman-like" against Melbourne. I mean, he tackled well, took a few runs, never came close to running to the line and putting a player through with a nice pass. He passed 5 meters before the line or he ran himself and was promptly and easily tackled. He only made one big mistake. That is all he did! WTF do you want from a half? To tackle well and put a few nice attacking kicks in? Is that enough????

Dragon66

Juniors

This!

Dragon66

Juniors
That is another problem I have with him and half the posters on this forum. He was solid and "workman-like" against Melbourne. I mean, he tackled well, took a few runs, never came close to running to the line and putting a player through with a nice pass. He passed 5 meters before the line or he ran himself and was promptly and easily tackled. He only made one big mistake. That is all he did! WTF do you want from a half? To tackle well and put a few nice attacking kicks in? Is that enough????

ATM he is no better or worse then Benji. So because you say he is worse doesn't make true.

Widdop is a good team player and does a lot of things that go unnoticed, like cleaning up in defence and trying to put himself in good supporting positions. Beni dances around, makes the very occasional break, throws his heart into the defence but is equally ineffective ATM.

Give your Benji loving, Widdop hating rants a rest for awhile. You are pissing a lot of people off. But we know that's your intention.

V

Vasilevsky

ATM he is no better or worse then Benji. So because you say he is worse doesn't make true.

Widdop is a good team player and does a lot of things that go unnoticed, like cleaning up in defence and trying to put himself in good supporting positions. Beni dances around, makes the very occasional break, throws his heart into the defence but is equally ineffective ATM.

Give your Benji loving, Widdop hating rants a rest for awhile. You are pissing a lot of people off. But we know that's your intention.

Makes a very occasional break? Would you be so kind as to provide an example of Widdop making a break while playing for the Dragons? That's making a break, not being out through a gap by Benji when he takes the ball to the line and puts players through gaps. Like all decent halves do and Widdop doesn't.
Other than that, no one is forcing you to read my messages or reply to me, d**kh**d.

SBD82

Coach
Makes a very occasional break? Would you be so kind as to provide an example of Widdop making a break while playing for the Dragons? That's making a break, not being out through a gap by Benji when he takes the ball to the line and puts players through gaps. Like all decent halves do and Widdop doesn't.
Other than that, no one is forcing you to read my messages or reply to me, d**kh**d.

To be fair to D66, your messages are hard to avoid, particularly when you plaster the same message across every thread.

Minh

First Grade
Calling people a d#ckhead is just stupid...you respond to other people's posts so you have to accept it when others respond to you in a way you don't like.

Widdup is a champion. An international and captain of the side. A few bad days does not change these facts. Better become accustomed to is Vas, he is staying.

Benji is a great player, but age means he is not the future of the club. That's a fact you better get accustomed to also.

Straight Panda Shooter

Minh

First Grade
Widdup is a champion. An international and captain of the side. A few bad days does not change these facts. Better become accustomed to is Vas, he is staying.

Benji is a great player, but age means he is not the future of the club. That's a fact you better get accustomed to also.

Straight Panda Shooter

Lol Millers, Straight Panda Shooter.....

But a great post, personally I'm hoping that Benji plays on bcos I love watching the guy play, however the club has to have one eye on the future.

TruSaint

Referee
Lol Millers, Straight Panda Shooter.....

But a great post, personally I'm hoping that Benji plays on bcos I love watching the guy play, however the club has to have one eye on the future.

Gaz fan, think he is a great leader, and Benji fan... Hope he gets a new contract TBH... its in his hands.

Latest posts