What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The spoon is NOT coming to us

mightypanther

Juniors
PK said:
From what I believe Kilkenny sits in the grandstand western side, not too far away then.

Sitting near them two would be like attending an Odd Couple sitcom.

Aah so he would be up high on the 50 line, where as I am down next to the tunnel on the 50.

Well if it's true and he is up in the grandstand, then I definitely have the better seats.

The atmosphere and view are brilliant down low. I have sat further up many many years ago for one game, but much preferred it down low where the action is.

Kilkenny

Coach
Guys if you listen very, very carefully on Saturday night you will almost surely hear Fibroman in action. He is the bald headed one who is infamous for the sledging of the referee in particular, when he calls out at the top of his voice, "Hey ref, you missing a good game" Having identified Fibroman from his consistent sledging of the ref, then I am the handsome one sitting next to him!

Fibroman

First Grade
Ahhhhhhhhhh Killkenny......you missed your calling in life. I personally think this current Johhny Coward Government should be running anti-suicide campaigns addressing the male 30-50 year bracket. Not too much imagination needed. Picture of Killkenny. Short slogan. "Things could be worse". Then over and above that, when they try, and fail, and finish up in Pialla. Picture of Kilkenny's flesh flute....slogan " Now.you definately don't need to try anything ever ever again".

pantherz9103

First Grade
That loss by the Tigers was pathetic! Absolutely pathetic!

Let's farewell Craig the way he deserves with a win and without a spoon!

Kilkenny

Coach
Does it really matter guys?

If we collect the spoon god knows we bloody deserve it if the truth be known!

Who cares the season has been an absolute disaster considering everyones high expections which were not unrealistic?

We have the wood on the Warriors which granted means nothing but I do expect us to win and avoid the spoon for what it's worth.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Knights deserve the spoon. That crap club are a rabble with a -290 differential. We're a more competitive team we just lose too many close games whereas the Knights jag some lucky wins every so often when Buderus plays.

Kilkenny

Coach
pantherz9103 said:
Knights deserve the spoon. That crap club are a rabble with a -290 differential. We're a more competitive team we just lose too many close games whereas the Knights jag some lucky wins every so often when Buderus plays.

If we secure the spoon it is surely totally deserved.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Just a shame because the guys are playing their best footy of the season when the finals are long gone.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
For some reason we are always competitive only at the back end of the season.
2005, 2006 and 2007 are examples of this.

Kilkenny

Coach
NP said:
For some reason we are always competitive only at the back end of the season.
2005, 2006 and 2007 are examples of this.

This is because were losers!

Apparently the NRL are delivering the spoon to CUA this afternoon. It will be available for the team to take with them on there lap of honour at the end of tonights game.

Kilkenny

Coach
Kilkenny said:
The only good thing about this season from your perspective is you bludged off Kilkenny for the entire 24 rounds to date utilising Kilkennys seasons tickets which for the record our the best seats in the house on the halfway line.

I haven''t heard from you since the last home game a couple of weeks back but no doubt I will get a phone call in the next 36 hours or so and you will not be inquiring about my health and well being...................Funny that!

For the record Fibroman rang me at 11.10am this morning and after some small talk queried the availability of my season tickets. I told him yep I have a couple of spares.

To add insult to injury he also hit me up for a short term loan of a couple of hundred quid. Seems the Paceway has claimed all his hard earned again this week.

Fibroman

First Grade
Kilkenny said:
For the record Fibroman rang me at 11.10am this morning and after some small talk queried the availability of my season tickets. I told him yep I have a couple of spares.

To add insult to injury he also hit me up for a short term loan of a couple of hundred quid. Seems the Paceway has claimed all his hard earned again this week.

Circus tents got me for $200. Didn't get one spin feature. Don't worry Killkenny, I racked up some cask wine and winny blues on the amex for you to make your stay in my solubrious dwelling a bit more comfortable.

I also have a spoon in the draw next to the bed you will be sleeping in, along with a spatula, a 5 litre tub of petrolium jelly and 2 packets of rowies. Don't worry buddy, you are going to have a good time at Fibro's tonight! (albiet when you are asleep)

Kilkenny

Coach
Fibroman said:
Circus tents got me for $200. Didn't get one spin feature. Don't worry Killkenny, I racked up some cask wine and winny blues on the amex for you to make your stay in my solubrious dwelling a bit more comfortable.

I also have a spoon in the draw next to the bed you will be sleeping in, along with a spatula, a 5 litre tub of petrolium jelly and 2 packets of rowies. Don't worry buddy, you are going to have a good time at Fibro's tonight! (albiet when you are asleep)

I look forward to it.

pantherz9103 said:

Sorry mate didn't quite catch what you were saying! Crap club are we? Enjoy your baking classes at penrith over summer and thanks for taking Tighe and Woolnough off our hands.

David Puddy

Juniors
lol @ Panthers. Over the past few weeks they've been trying to be something they're not. Best reality check you could ask for. Enjoy the spoon.

The Piper

Juniors
NP said:
We just won v Roosters and we are playing great Rugby League.
We will not get the spoon unless a miracle happens with the Knights winning and us losing.
I can't wait for 2008 with all the juniors stepping up.
GO PANTHERS!

Well I don't know if it was a miracle or not, but even ending with everyone above us we can still look forward to 2008. Like you said with Jennings, Sammut and the rest of the new guys gaining experience this year and stepping up next year.