What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp I

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest thing though is this tax thing that Carr wants :? that i havnt heard any more about.......not only will it destroy our kids footy but it will start with the NRL first :?

You will also find as the tradition bound relatives start to "move on" that the younger lebanese, slav, greek.....etc kids will play footy more and more.

drake said:
the Illawarra isn't a WASPy area.
In my experience Macos, lebanese and Greeks may like Rugby League, but they are discouraged from playing it in preference to Soccer. This may be changing with second generation families, but there aren't many Slavs, Greeks or lebanese in comparison with Kooris, Anglos and Polynesians in the NRL.

That is what I meant in my post.

bender

Juniors
borat said:
I will make it real easy for you bender because you seem to be struggling.

Slightly confused and bender said

Alex Brown of SMH wrote
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/05/17/1084783457184.html?from=storyrhs

Does this clear it up for you. If you want to keep debating I can keep quoting becuase there is a huge amount evidence to back up what I am saying as opposed to the dribble you have written.

This is what Truth bender wrote about Thompson

And once again this is What Phil Gould said

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/05/17/1084646123958.html?from=storylhs

Gould felt the need to explain why Thompson wasn't considered for selection because the majority of the NSW public thought he would be in the team prior to his injury.

Is any of this getting into you head. I posted the link to the broncos website because I thought you may consider your own teams website as a credible source of information. Obviously not.

Here is another Bender special

:lol: The dragons are beaten by 1 point by the reigning premiers and the broncos are absolutely smacked 31 -14 by the storm and 10 - blot, zero, thanks for comming 0 by the Cowboys. The dragons at least had a go, the broncos were humiliated on their own turf by Melbourne and couldn't even score 1 point against the cowboys :!:

You have abs**tely no knowledge of the Dragons nor NSW yet you continue to dribble and dribble absolute cr*p with no foundation and nothing to support anything you say. Stick AFL and Netball or whatever sport you actually follow because Rugby League is not your bag.

I will happily show you up night and day bender because not you have no idea and nothing to back up your cr*p.

It makes for mostly good reading, this thread.

So, Mr Borat and others, what happened to Lance Thompson the origin Certainty? Is he injured or something?

And by the way, how are the Broncos travelling so far this year, I havent watched as much RL as usual and wouldnt mind a midseason update.

So, Mr Borat and others, what happened to Lance Thompson the origin Certainty? Is he injured or something?

What relevance does this year have to whether or not he was an origin contender last year?

And yes, he is injured.

I think you've bumped this thread up enough times already.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
I Got you Under my SKIN!!! :lol:

sh*t this post makes me so happy,:D to think you were thinking of me. Shucks.:cool:

We have not had a squabble for what, 6 months, and now this.

Shucks.

Roosters must not be doing so great.

Cheer up mate, It will get worse. :?

Father Ted

First Grade
Sharkies all the Way said:
Judging from your signature and the amount of bad language used I'd guess you are a local from Hurstville, I'd also guess you have somthing against the great club that is the Cronulla Sharks. It may also stem from the fact that your club is dead and ours continues on.

:clap:

Actually i am from Hurstville and as you choose to abuse my area , I'll share a few thoughts on yours . The shire isn't really a district ! It's Gilligans f**king island except you guys ain't actors . Your probably Mary anne and your dads Bubbles the chimp . Your footie team does a victory lap when you win the toss . And the thinking two thirds of your population are dragons . Our club is not dead , yours was stillborn . Now back to your swamp the Skippers a bit toey .

Objective One

Juniors
Willow said:
Confirmation from Dragons media release and posted on Leagueunlimited and Jubilee Avenue websites:

Dragons to Discipline & Educate Naiqama for Unlicensed Driving

Written by: Jo Banning - Dragons media

12/09/2005

NRL_Dragons_Naiqama_140805a.jpg

The St George Illawarra Dragons have today taken steps to discipline and educate Wes Naiqama after he was last night pulled over by police for driving without a license.

Naiqama, 22, was disqualified from driving for a similar offence in 2002 and has already been participating in community service and will appear in court in October.

“The Club is very disappointed that Wes has made such a poor decision with respect to the law,” said Dragons Chief Executive Officer Peter Doust. “We had previously spoken with Wes about the seriousness of this situation and his obligations.

“We believe Wes is a decent young man who acted without thinking about the consequences and we all need to ensure his future activities comply with appropriate standards.

“It could be said too many young people can overlook the implications of not observing or complying with the regulations of the road. A driving license is a privilege and needs to be respected.

“The ‘it won’t happen to me attitude’ just doesn’t cut it and the Club will now take a greater role in ensuring he is educated about his responsibilities”.

“It was an irresponsible decision to make and I am very sorry for what I did,” said Naiqama. “I should have listened to the advice given to me from my family, friends and the Club and I will now ensure that I am better organised and responsible as I will not be driving a car in the foreseeable future”.

The Club was awaiting the legal system to decide the outcome as far as Wes was concerned, however they were to initiate professional counseling support to assist in Wes’s ongoing education, and to demand that Wes undertake additional community based educational activities.

It is always about striking a balance between punishment and rehabilitation. The club has never been afraid to fine people however in this case we believe education and service is the appropriate course of action.

Fine for driving whilst disqualified for the second time: $1500-3000

Costs for the PR spin doctor who drafted the alleged "sorry" quote from Wes: $10,000

Role playing in professional counselling for disqualified drivers: PRICELESS!!

Professional Cousellor for Disqualified Drivers:
Now Wes, see this slide? This a picture of a NSW Driver's Licence!! And then Wes, this slide has a picture of your wallett.
Wes, what do you notice about the two slides? Can you see any differences?

Wes:
Uuuuurrrr, da pictcha ov me in moi wallet is lots bedda den dat pictcha of dat bloke on da licence!!

Objective One

Juniors
get off your high horses you wally's

how is being dumb related to nationality? even you guys have got to admit the concept of professional counselling for driving disqualified is just too funny

is Tommy Raudonikis the counsellor?

glory79

Juniors
then what are you doing here? our team is about to win a comp, so get lost and go back to mad monday goose

Objective One

Juniors
glory79 said:
then what are you doing here? our team is about to win a comp, so get lost and go back to mad monday goose

laughing at the concept of professional counselling for driving disqualified for which I am undoubtedly a racist redneck dickhead

Status
Not open for further replies.