What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp I

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregstar

Referee
sadshark said:
Mr Shark - I talked my son out of supporting the Sharks. I cannot stand to see him suffer the way I have for 35 years. It would be too cruel. he needs to support a team that wants to win, a team that has guts & determination, a team that sets out to win and one that he can be proud of supporting - not be the subject of ridicule with other supporters.

He just doesn't need to experience the same hurt..

tehehehehehee!

bender

Juniors
I am in a nostalgic mood today, so, Willow, how about a 12 month avatar bet on who finishes higher - Broncos or Dragons?

By the way, do you guys still rate Lance Thompson so highly?

On a side note, I think the Dragons side has improved since this debate started. I would rate both Cooper and Gasnier as much better centres than they were a couple of years ago. Definitely close to the best centre pairing in the NRL at the moment.

The Popper said:
They're the REAL flagbearers of Sharkie honour.

In case you where wondering, he's referring to the Mermaids.

Also the phrase "Sharkie Honour" stands on it's own two feet as and amusing comment and is yet another example of the pretensions of grandeur many Scum fans espouse. Also see the "Sharks Immortals" fiasco. Oh how we laughed.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Bender... not one of your best. [-X

I'll move Roosterphin's thread to the Swamp. In there you can troll to your heart's content.

The Preacher

First Grade
Dont ya just luv'em
source: Big League Apr.27/Locker Room.
Cronulla are celebrating their 40th year by reminiscing over some of their memorable moments at home games.Last week's instalment was their 1997 grand final appearance in Stupid League, but funnily enough the highlights package was the opening set of six ! We know the Sharks lost that game 26-8, but surely there were better moments in the game other than five hit-ups and a kick ! Bwahahahahahahahahahaha.

NO!

Surely

Post Whore
drake said:
Thompson has lost his powers since joining the scum.

It would appear he hasn't..

Can't wait for next week, hopefully it'll be a cracker of a game.

cheers

Fuddy

Juniors
The Preacher said:
Dont ya just luv'em
source: Big League Apr.27/Locker Room.
Cronulla are celebrating their 40th year by reminiscing over some of their memorable moments at home games.Last week's instalment was their 1997 grand final appearance in Stupid League, but funnily enough the highlights package was the opening set of six ! We know the Sharks lost that game 26-8, but surely there were better moments in the game other than five hit-ups and a kick ! Bwahahahahahahahahahaha.

NO!

Hey Cronulla were competitive for that set - if memory serves me correctly things went downhill from there.

Still they could of got beat by 50 (there was no Joey) or thrown away the 1999 Grand Final - but here's to celebrating a lack of success - Cronulla and St George Illawarra fans all together now.

The Preacher

First Grade
Fuddy said:
Hey Cronulla were competitive for that set - if memory serves me correctly things went downhill from there.

Still they could of got beat by 50 (there was no Joey) or thrown away the 1999 Grand Final - but here's to celebrating a lack of success - Cronulla and St George Illawarra fans all together now.

Please don't tell me you're one of these,"It doesn't count before the merger" people ??? PLLLLEEEEAAASSSE !!:cry:

The Preacher

First Grade
Fuddy said:
We have to make it an equal playing field somehow

And the even playing field is not going back to when the Dragons WON grand finals, even though it was after the Sharks came into being ???? :lol:

Fuddy

Juniors
One grand final yes - although since I actually quite like the Dragons and have a close mate who now plays with them (who says its a great place) I humbly know that this battle is one that I cannot win.

There is a battle that may be won in two weeks - and fyi if you guys lose it then I think you have some real issues.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Fuddy said:
There is a battle that may be won in two weeks - and fyi if you guys lose it then I think you have some real issues.
I'll say. It would be like losing to a 10-man Souths' side. Good to see you recognise this as well.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Having just spanked the Panfers 40-12, the scummers are going to be even more unbearable than usual over the next week...

Surely

Post Whore
Dragon_psa said:
Having just spanked the Panfers 40-12, the scummers are going to be even more unbearable than usual over the next week...

It was a pretty poor panthers outfit, a big negative losing ross for the season. Next weekend should sort out how well we are or are not travelling.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Surely said:
It was a pretty poor panthers outfit, a big negative losing ross for the season. Next weekend should sort out how well we are or are not travelling.

You guys have looked pretty good the last 2 weeks. Next week should be a great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.