What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp I

Status
Not open for further replies.

STSAE

Juniors
f**ken stacy crawls out of the woodwork. Where's Melon and Roosterphin? We can have the 4 poorest reflections on the chooks in the one thread.

Why are the mad roosters fans so threatened by Saints?

Man up dude.:p

Fair dinkum check some of the eggs from your club over all week in the Chooks section giving it to us. You blokes set yourselves up for this.

There is no response, we owned you blokes.

:lol::lol:

MattYg1

Bench

Fair dinkum check some of the eggs from your club over all week in the Chooks section giving it to us. You blokes set yourselves up for this.

owned?? hmmm perhaps a tad strong a term to use!

Set ourselves up for this? there is not this... more like a minor nuisance if anything.. dont believe its affecting us that much...

smacky

Juniors
Just ignore these blokes, they'll piss off soon. On another note the roosters were the better team, they played the better wet weather footy and aimed up against us. Good on ya's and lets see if you'll back it up in the finals

MattYg1

Bench
:lol::lol: the funny thing is that a majority of us are all saying that and yet they continue to gloat...

thommo4pm

Coach
Tommy and Red Bear....
If you check the Roosters forum I congratulated them on their win and have no sour grapes over last night.
The weather did stifle our play, whether you want to believe that or not is up to you.

I think it's a bit much to say we were dominated, and I thought the contest was as close to 50/50 as you will get.
Roosters defence was very good, but then I thought our defence was also just as good.
The 2 try's came from a grubber that just didn't get cleaned up correctly and an unfortunate tackle that knocked the ball from Dan Hunt's arm.
I can't really say that either try was good play by the Roosters.
I'm biased, but i don't think we were dominated at all.

In the dry weather we would beat them I have no doubt, as our attack has a lot more to offer.
If you can't see that the wet weather hindered that last night then you need to actually sit and watch more games of footy....again the Roosters defence was also good.
Our try's do not always come from kicks and we like to put the ball through the hands, however the weather didn't allow for this last night.

Anyone who thinks the Dragons choked are kidding.
Most people didn't even have us making the 8 at the start of the year, and to go into Round 26 with a shot at the top 4 was a massive effort.

I for one am extremely proud of where my beloved Dragons have gone this year.
And last night's game really didn't upset me that much, cause from this point in time right now....every team has to play or win 4 matches(minimum) to win the Grand Final.
As far as I'm concerned it's a level playing field.

If we play Manly or Melb in week 1 of the finals, then so be it.
If we were to win the Grand Final we'd have to play them at some stage.

Jasdragon

Juniors

Owned us :lol:! You've lost it buddy and that's implying you eva had much to lose in the first place :crazy:.

_Johnsy

Referee
I wonder if the rorters fans has the balls to call all and sundry on the rorters forum (like they were)to have a wager should we meet on a dry track.

Man up. Is this some kind of homo erotic bondi thing darling?

Bulldog Force

Referee
I'll say this much (unbiased here)

• Mason out was a big loss for the Roosters
  • Creagh off was a big loss for the Dragons
  • Dragons should've got a penalty for the hit by Sa on Creagh, they didn't, turning point.
  • Roosters had to work hard for their victory but did get some assistance from the ref
  • Dragons DID NOT get owned, they put in a gutsy effort
  • Vengeance: Roosters vs Brisbane next weekend = them getting pwned!

MattYg1

Bench
Also not mentioned...

The decision to go for the 2 points on the back of Gaz boot 42 metres out from the line in the wet...!!!???

HUH!? who okayed that decision... its almost like Gaz asked Fittler what to do when we got that penalty!

Jasdragon

Juniors
Also not mentioned...

The decision to go for the 2 points on the back of Gaz boot 42 metres out from the line in the wet...!!!???

HUH!? who okayed that decision... its almost like Gaz asked Fittler what to do when we got that penalty!

Yes was a very poor decision. I wasn't concerned about losing last night was just concerned about by how much! Maybe we should have taken 2 when given that penalty in front of the posts at the end. What's the bet we come 7th by like 1 point :(.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Also not mentioned...

:lol: Sorry mate. I just had to laugh at that one :D No punt intended.

MattYg1

Bench
hahaha Raiders to get the very first half point in rugby league history and win by 15.5 points haha

Tommy Smith

Referee
I'll say this much (unbiased here)

• Mason out was a big loss for the Roosters
  • Creagh off was a big loss for the Dragons
  • Dragons should've got a penalty for the hit by Sa on Creagh, they didn't, turning point.
  • Roosters had to work hard for their victory but did get some assistance from the ref
  • Dragons DID NOT get owned, they put in a gutsy effort
  • Vengeance: Roosters vs Brisbane next weekend = them getting pwned!
For example, those 6 points that Hayne blatantly denied us by not going to the video ref when Fitzy scored.

Gee thanks Shayne, you really helped us out there.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Tommy and Red Bear....
If you check the Roosters forum I congratulated them on their win and have no sour grapes over last night.
The weather did stifle our play, whether you want to believe that or not is up to you.

I think it's a bit much to say we were dominated, and I thought the contest was as close to 50/50 as you will get.
Roosters defence was very good, but then I thought our defence was also just as good.
The 2 try's came from a grubber that just didn't get cleaned up correctly and an unfortunate tackle that knocked the ball from Dan Hunt's arm.
I can't really say that either try was good play by the Roosters.
I'm biased, but i don't think we were dominated at all.

In the dry weather we would beat them I have no doubt, as our attack has a lot more to offer.
If you can't see that the wet weather hindered that last night then you need to actually sit and watch more games of footy....again the Roosters defence was also good.
Our try's do not always come from kicks and we like to put the ball through the hands, however the weather didn't allow for this last night.

Anyone who thinks the Dragons choked are kidding.
Most people didn't even have us making the 8 at the start of the year, and to go into Round 26 with a shot at the top 4 was a massive effort.

I for one am extremely proud of where my beloved Dragons have gone this year.
And last night's game really didn't upset me that much, cause from this point in time right now....every team has to play or win 4 matches(minimum) to win the Grand Final.
As far as I'm concerned it's a level playing field.

If we play Manly or Melb in week 1 of the finals, then so be it.
If we were to win the Grand Final we'd have to play them at some stage.
Maybe instead of seeing it as stifling your play you should be asking why your team couldn't come up with a game plan effective enough to deal with the conditions. The SFS isn't a Dome so they should have prepared for the possibility of rain.

And if you have no doubt that you'll beat us in dry weather, im assuming you'll take the money from everything you own down to the TAB and put it all on the Dragons to win in such a match. Because there is no doubt, right?

MattYg1

Bench
Maybe instead of seeing it as stifling your play you should be asking why your team couldn't come up with a game plan effective enough to deal with the conditions. The SFS isn't a Dome so they should have prepared for the possibility of rain.

Both points have validity behind them...
Yes we should have prepared better for wet weather footy... no doubt in that at all.

JT_

Juniors
There's nothing wrong with a bit of post-game banter but some of you lot took it a bit far.

Personally, i've got a soft spot for Dragons and always had some respect for them but last night i was against them like any genuine Rooster supporter and we just took it to you and you couldnt handle the occasion.

Good luck against the Sharkies/Seagles i'd like to meet you again under fair conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts