What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parra Guru

Coach
Very Brian-esque to come out and jinx his team in the previous week's press conference....

As far as I could tell, the Knights only competed for 30 minutes today ;-)

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Like Eela said -- half your team will want to smack him and lose sight on the actual game.

Manly by 20.

Stagger eel

Staff member
CliffyIsGod said:
Like Eela said -- half your team will want to smack him and lose sight on the actual game.

Manly by 20.

I didn't say it would happen, I fear it might happen. and obviously your club are milking it for what it's worth.

Gronk

Staff member
CliffyIsGod said:

Manly by 20.

Mate most of the team were not even playing with Judas back then. The fans will give it to him rather than the players.

CharlieF

Juniors
CliffyIsGod said:

Manly by 20.

It will take a lot of effort to put him off his game, effort that cannot afford to be wasted just on him. It also will have the effect of firing up all his teammates. Guaranteed result for Manly if they decide to target Lyon.

CharlieF

Juniors
eelavation said:
I hope we don't lose focus on what this game is really about and that's 2 points, if we as a club start to think about a retribution or revenge than we're only thinking about 1 part of the game, the small dick syndrome that judas and Manly are showing leading up to this one is simply a way of trying to put us off.

I think our club are smarter than that.

You're serious right???

Like the Fans, the team cannot resist. Parra will fall in that trap. It is only natural.

CharlieF

Juniors
eelavation said:
actually yes...I think our club is smarter than that...is that alright with you?

Well if the players can keep their mind on it, maybe. But if the fans are any indication of the players, then the team has already lost the plot.

Hard choice. Punish Judas or try and win the game. The temptation might just be too much.

Stagger eel

Staff member
CharlieF said:
Well if the players can keep their mind on it, maybe. But if the fans are any indication of the players, then the team has already lost the plot.

Hard choice. Punish Judas or try and win the game. The temptation might just be too much.

first of all the fans don't go out and play the game and secondly some of our players have been playing against atleast 1 ex-teammate every week, this week is no different. we as a club have not talked about it and yet, I believe the Manly Daily have urged all you lot to get there to protect him. and he was the one that came out with old "I'm sorry" mind games...

so it appears that you lot are doing the talking and not us.

The Colonel

Immortal
CharlieF said:

With your club doing all the promotion and apologising it wouldn't be hard to wonder if it's your club and players with their minds elsewhere..........

You keep telling yourself what ever helps you sleep better.... :lol:

CharlieF

Juniors
You guys talk as though he can't take a tackle. The quickest way for Parra to lose is if they get the whole Manly team rallying behind Lyon. They will be hard enough to beat without this added motivation.

CharlieF said:
You guys talk as though he can't take a tackle. The quickest way for Parra to lose is if they get the whole Manly team rallying behind Lyon. They will be hard enough to beat without this added motivation.

Who Chris hicks and that cross eyed fullback of yours hahaha. Don't make me start up another Let's All laugh at Manly thread.

The Colonel

Immortal
CharlieF said:

The quickest way for Manly to lose is to worry about Lyon and what is happening to him and forget about playing the game.......

Back to the Manly forum Charlie.... :arrow:

Stagger eel

Staff member
CharlieF said:

for the first time in 10 years you go into a game as favourites which suits us fine and you may well do a job on us, but don't come here sprouting your wank all over us about lyon with the amount of money you've invested in that first 17 anything short of a grand final victory will be a failure...but at the end of the year we'll get the same old excuses.

CharlieF

Juniors
eelavation said:
for the first time in 10 years you go into a game as favourites which suits us fine and you may well do a job on us, but don't come here sprouting your wank all over us about lyon with the amount of money you've invested in that first 17 anything short of a grand final victory will be a failure...but at the end of the year we'll get the same old excuses.

I'm only questioning Parra players game plan. I don't think they will stick to Hagan's.

I would say that the Eels have used more of their cap than what Manly have, yet no GF victory.

Stagger eel

Staff member
CharlieF said:
I'm only questioning Parra players game plan. I don't think they will stick to Hagan's.

I would say that the Eels have used more of their cap than what Manly have, yet no GF victory.

and what game plan is that??? and when you do find out can you let our coach know so he can pass it on to our players..

btw, nice to see that still take notice of the pro-Manly media...the club with the greatest leg up in the history of the game ;-)

CharlieF

Juniors
Lets face it guys, the only way you will even hurt Lyon is with an illegal shot. He is as tough as nails and as tough as anybody that you have in your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.