What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider

Post Whore
damn straight! ..... I say they give em 45 seconds to kick it or too bad (that starts from the time they are given the mark to kick a penalty OR when they get back to the mark for a conversion) ..... rugby league isn't about goal kicking - thats frickin union ..... make em kick quicker and make it less of a factor in rugby league - if the good kickers are good they'll still manage in 45 seconds

Eelementary

Post Whore
Dodger said:
:lol: I have no real issue with it, Hazem isn't usually fazed by outside factors anyway. Just thought it was funny... an act of desperation maybe? :p

Yes, because that was as much a penalty as the one that was not awarded to Hindmarsh for the same thing.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
wittyz chick said:
Heyy Jarryd did that?? :lol: Good on him.

What are you complaining for?? Hazem got the goal and you won.

I'm not complaining, just raising it for discussion.

As is documented elsewhere on LU, it'll probably bring some flash into Hazem's attempts to have challenges like that :lol:

Utey

Coach
Make a shot clock!!! You don't do it in time, you don't get an attempt and miss out on the points. Best way IMO.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Either a shot clock or once a try is scored or a team decides to kick for goal from a penalty, the referee calls time off. And waves time back on as the ball is kicked.

Redback71

First Grade
yes who dont hear of anyone getting fined anymore and im sure some of them take way more than 90 seconds

Timmah

Staff member
Hazem had barely even started to set up when Hampstead blew time off, that's why he asked the question. Don't know what some people here were watching... :?

And FTR, swinging the goalpost registers as foul play more than taking your time kicking a goal :p

The Colonel

Immortal
Dodger said:
Hazem had barely even started to set up when Hampstead blew time off, that's why he asked the question. Don't know what some people here were watching... :?

You may need to get your watch checked..... the ball was on the tee and had been for a good 20 seconds or more before time was blown off. Quite within Hampsteads rights to do so. You may also like to read the posts fully - they are talking about how long he stood and waited after time had been called back on.

As it is most goalkickers take far too long.

Timmah

Staff member
A good 20 seconds? So f**king what?

60 seconds should be the norm, no matter what stage the kicker is up to in their preparation. Hampstead pre-empted the blowing of time-off, there's no doubt about it.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Just get rid of the kicking clock altogether. When a kicker is taking a kick, call time off. That way, the time they take to kick the ball and run back to the centre of the field is not deducted from playing time.

The Colonel

Immortal
Dodger said:
A good 20 seconds? So f**king what?

60 seconds should be the norm, no matter what stage the kicker is up to in their preparation. Hampstead pre-empted the blowing of time-off, there's no doubt about it.

So f**king what? They should be penalised for deliberately wasting time..... at least the referee had the sense to "pre-empt" what he was doing......

HayneHindi

Juniors
Just talking about putting goalkickers off. Remember Ray Price and what he did when the kickers were taking the kick for goal. Standing and staring at the goal posts I did not know how he didn't put the kickers off.

Hellsy

Immortal
Eelementary said:
Just get rid of the kicking clock altogether. When a kicker is taking a kick, call time off. That way, the time they take to kick the ball and run back to the centre of the field is not deducted from playing time.

I dont mind that idea... but what the bet the crowd will then become bored waiting for people like Hazem to get on with it.

Some kind of punishement would be better.

The crowd up near me were quite amusing with the comments fired towards him :LOL: :LOL:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well, you'll always have people booing and others cheering the kickers. And if it was introduced at the expense of a bit of boredom, I say go for it - I'd rather be bored for 3 minutes as El Masri kicks, than see 3 minutes of real playing time wasted because the kickers take so long.

And what sort of comments would those be? :lol:

Smartman

Juniors
There definately needs to be a shot clock, say 1 minute after the try is awarded, if the kicker doesnt get the kick in time it becomes void.

I agree, theres too much time wasting with kicks.

Eelementary

Post Whore
OK. Maybe we could have a shot clock - but I, for one, would want that shot clock to not count as part of game time.

I hate seeing kickers take 2 minutes to kick a goal (and I'm not pointing the finger at anyone in particular; just as a whole)...By the time they kick it, and the defending team gets back to the mark and kicks the ball, you've already seen about 4 minutes wander by...Four minutes that could have meant 2 sets per team...Gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.