What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojan

Juniors
well whatmore do they have over parramatta honestly?

Skill, Class and structure. Together with one of the smartest coaching teams ever assembled.

natheel said:
people seem to think coz storm have flogged 2 teams in the finals theyre better prepared?

Yes. Storm have dismantled some very good rugby teams in the last few games and then coasted home in the last 15 minutes or so. Their legs are fresher, they know what needs to be done. If Parramatta really believes that The Storm are going to be a bit soft "if" they really pile on the pressure then I bet they are in for a BIG surprise.

natheel said:
parramatta have been beating teams comfortably teams for 7 weeks prior to the finals and beat 1st 2nd and 3rd in consecutive weeks andn now everyone is writing them off....why?

Because The Storm are white hot. The Eels have been smashed up the last few weeks whereas Melbourne have managed to conserve energy. On top of all of that The Storm have got the experience and know what it takes to beat the Eels.

There is a lot of talk in here about containing Melbourne for the first 20 - 30 minutes and then putting the hammer down IMO if the game is close at half time Melbourne will have the legs and the mental nous to run the game out and win their 2nd Grand Final in 4 years. The only other alternative (To the game being close at half time) is Melbourne destroying the Eels in the first half.... Here's hoping.

Noa

First Grade
:lol:, yeah great analysis, Casper probably thinks he's going to win Powerball every week.

Neilsen plays on the left with Inlgis and Finch and our right side defence of Cronk, Chambers and Turner has let in nearly 20 less tries.

Youd think an analytical genius would know that, :lol:.

Last edited:

Trojan

Juniors
If you can contain Inglis and put some pressure on Cronk and Cameron Smith I think the Eels will win easily.

Yeah that'll be easy. LOL.

The Storm will put the Eels back in their place on Sunday. This crap I keep hearing about Melbourne having an easy run to the GF is laughable. We demolished both Brisbane and Manly in the first half of both games. We are rested and fit and ready for an 80 minute massacre. This week though when Storm are up by 30 odd with 10 minutes to go you wont see us take our foot off the pedal.

You have had an amazing year Eels but it takes more than a bit of luck and some "unpredictable" plays to get past this Storm team that are clearly on a mission and peaking at exactly the right time.

Haynzy

First Grade
Storm have dismantled some very good rugby teams in the last few games and then coasted home in the last 15 minutes or so.

Problem is that they need to demolish a very good Rugby League side this time around. ;-)

Trojan

Juniors
Bandwagoning? Yep.
Named after a condom? Definitely.
Trolling? Depends on your definition.
Ballarat just got Dial-Up? Yep.

Now all that's out of the way can we get back to talking about the Footy? :roll:

What makes me LOL is the Eels fans promoting there unpredictable (read opportunistic) play. Whereas the Storm are so structured that they are predictable... Yeah right. If we are so predictable wouldn't we have lost to Manly? Or Brisbane?

The fact is Storm have many weapons across the park. I'd suggest that there are a couple too many for the "famous" Eels defence. Whereas Parramatta have 1 weapon (2 at a stretch).

I can't even say good luck any more because frankly I hope we are up by 30 at half time.

What makes me LOL is the Eels fans promoting there unpredictable (read opportunistic) play.
its not just us tv commentators and players have spoken about how it is hard to defend against
Whereas the Storm are so structured that they are predictable... Yeah right. If we are so predictable wouldn't we have lost to Manly? Or Brisbane?
the storm made the most of their opportunities but i think a fair few teams could have disposed of brisbane that night when i saw the yawning gap open up for that first try i knew broncos were gone, moving lockyer and putting carroll in the centres was a dumb move too

The fact is Storm have many weapons across the park. I'd suggest that there are a couple too many for the "famous" Eels defence. Whereas Parramatta have 1 weapon (2 at a stretch).
we have waay more than that and you will see the full arsenal unleashed on sunday ;-)

I can't even say good luck any more because frankly I hope we are up by 30 at half time.
oh im sure you hope for that because i think you are a little bit scared of what might happen if they aren't

Skill, Class and structure. Together with one of the smartest coaching teams ever assembled.
our coach is no idiot either

Yes. Storm have dismantled some very good rugby teams in the last few games and then coasted home in the last 15 minutes or so. Their legs are fresher, they know what needs to be done. If Parramatta really believes that The Storm are going to be a bit soft "if" they really pile on the pressure then I bet they are in for a BIG surprise.
we'll see who gets the surprise

Because The Storm are white hot. The Eels have been smashed up the last few weeks whereas Melbourne have managed to conserve energy. On top of all of that The Storm have got the experience and know what it takes to beat the Eels.
yes the eels have been smashed up the last few weeks and guess what? THEY STILL WON! you might say that makes them weaker i believe it makes them stronger

There is a lot of talk in here about containing Melbourne for the first 20 - 30 minutes and then putting the hammer down IMO if the game is close at half time Melbourne will have the legs and the mental nous to run the game out and win their 2nd Grand Final in 4 years. The only other alternative (To the game being close at half time) is Melbourne destroying the Eels in the first half.... Here's hoping.
im sure you do hope melbourne destroy the eels in the first half i think you're a little worried what might happen if they can't

p.s. you missed one mate, option 3 is the eels destroying melbourne in the first half

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Bandwagoning? Yep.
Named after a condom? Definitely.
Trolling? Depends on your definition.
Ballarat just got Dial-Up? Yep.

Now all that's out of the way can we get back to talking about the Footy? :roll:

What makes me LOL is the Eels fans promoting there unpredictable (read opportunistic) play. Whereas the Storm are so structured that they are predictable... Yeah right. If we are so predictable wouldn't we have lost to Manly? Or Brisbane?

I guess you must have missed the result when we played the Storm about 8 weeks back

Status
Not open for further replies.