What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp

Fibroman

First Grade
Socratese had a plan to take it to a Greek girl. That pretty much makes Parra matta suck, Only on the PBS scheme :smiley face.

broncos2010

Juniors
Like ricky said fixing the mess will take a couple years as you still have heaps of those players that are most stock standard nsw cup players at best with another 1-2 years on their contracts to go.

Going from bottom to top is pretty hard for any team unless your the roosters or bulldogs that just buy their way to the top in the syd marker with the big name brands.

Roosters are a great example shocking last year bring in SBW,Jennings and Maloney straight to the top, there is no way a club like parra could sign 3 marquee players like that in one off season as its not a big brand club compared to the roosters.

Parra just have to find players that will suite the system that ricky is trying to build and its pretty obvious its very hard for eels to attract any marquee players so ricky has to look at guys maybe like a Buhrer who is a quality player but stuck behind a very good pack at manly, guys like this that are no superstars but are very decent players.

Gronk

Staff member
Like ricky said fixing the mess will take a couple years as you still have heaps of those players that are most stock standard nsw cup players at best with another 1-2 years on their contracts to go.

Going from bottom to top is pretty hard for any team unless your the roosters or bulldogs that just buy their way to the top in the syd marker with the big name brands.

Roosters are a great example shocking last year bring in SBW,Jennings and Maloney straight to the top, there is no way a club like parra could sign 3 marquee players like that in one off season as its not a big brand club compared to the roosters.

Parra just have to find players that will suite the system that ricky is trying to build and its pretty obvious its very hard for eels to attract any marquee players so ricky has to look at guys maybe like a Buhrer who is a quality player but stuck behind a very good pack at manly, guys like this that are no superstars but are very decent players.

FFS go away. :crazy:

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
I don't know about that. Hindy managed to get a gig on Channel 9 for a bit, just like Fittler, Fletcher, Ricketson, and now Maloney & SBW (who isn't on the commentary team but is probably on the payroll they talk to him so much).

Actually, you're right, we can only manage to pay one legend of the club through dodgy channel 9 money, the Roosters have been doing it for decades.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Its not surprising that we have some horrible players, they were not playing NRL when SK signed them , some were basically reserves for reserve grade - Mullaney, Ryan, Paulo and Roberts were probably marked do not return for their respective clubs and we picked them up under the said genius in Storm style and then extended their contracts and hence, still here.

Unbelievable as it seems, it happened and we are asked to pay NRL price to watch tem, I get better entertainment watching the junior league every week. Didn't bother to use my season tickets this week, useless merkins

While I didn't watch tonight's game on Fox, watching the Brumbies having a red hot go against the Chiefs in SuperRugby; I laugh when Mullaney keeps getting shit on by posters here and some of frauds in the 12 players in front of him get little said about them.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
While I didn't watch tonight's game on Fox, watching the Brumbies having a red hot go against the Chiefs in SuperRugby; I laugh when Mullaney keeps getting shit on by posters here and some of frauds in the 12 players in front of him get little said about them.
:lol: He is without doubt the worst Parra fullback i have ever seen, and if you think he i anything but an average reserve grader you are kidding yourself. And the rest cop everything they deserve. Stick to watching yawnion it seems more like your game.

Eels Dude

Coach

Guess you don't frequent the forum much if you see no-one bagging out Roberts, Keating, Paulo, Maitua and Tonga.

Seriously, Mullaney has to be one of the worst players who has run around in first grade for any club in the past few years. If you can't see that you're on your own champ.

:lol: He is without doubt the worst Parra fullback i have ever seen, and if you think he i anything but an average reserve grader you are kidding yourself. And the rest cop everything they deserve. Stick to watching yawnion it seems more like your game.

I guess that depends how you weigh up the Paul Carige affair. To be fair to Carige, he played some decent games.

Delboy

First Grade

Maggie , there is no excusing the ordinary players in front of him, but there was a reason he couldn't crack it at the Tigpies, he wasn't good enough and nothing has changed

The halves are nearly as bad as him, the hooker doesn't set anything up and Sef Paulo,. Harrison, Maitua to name 3 more are sub-standard. But to be honest, Mullaney is really, really out of his depth but it is not his fault as he doesn't pick himself or write his own contract

magpie4ever

First Grade

:D:):lol: A choose between Parra v Manly or Brumbies v Chiefs - hmm, not really a choose - yawnion won out, clearly.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Maggie , there is no excusing the ordinary players in front of him, but there was a reason he couldn't crack it at the Tigpies, he wasn't good enough and nothing has changed

The halves are nearly as bad as him, the hooker doesn't set anything up and Sef Paulo,. Harrison, Maitua to name 3 more are sub-standard. But to be honest, Mullaney is really, really out of his depth but it is not his fault as he doesn't pick himself or write his own contract

I'm not sticking up for him, but even the great "in parra fans' minds" Hayne would not stop the rot when the 12 players in front on him are so bloody poor.

You can't blame the fullback for missed tackles in the 1st line, stupid plays by the halves, dropped bombs by the wingers and centres etc etc etc.

Latest posts