What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp

attamarrap

Juniors
my mates who go for queensland are happy hayne never gets picked at fullback and get nervous everytime he touches the ball pretty good sign of respect if you ask me

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Hayne not a superstar ??? Gee not sure what else he could do to prove he is apart from playing in a leading NRL side.

He is that good he was able to miss most of the season yet still make the kangaroo squad then beat several players to play out of position at centre.

Also if you don't think he is a superstar just watch the first origin game this year - I reckon if Hayne played in the remaining two games , NSW win the series.

TheRam

Coach
Hayne not a superstar ??? Gee not sure what else he could do to prove he is apart from playing in a leading NRL side.

He is that good he was able to miss most of the season yet still make the kangaroo squad then beat several players to play out of position at centre.

Also if you don't think he is a superstar just watch the first origin game this year - I reckon if Hayne played in the remaining two games , NSW win the series.

About sums it up again.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Name me one other player from any other sport in the world that is in a team that has finished last the previous two years who people would refer to as a 'superstar'.

I wouldn't swap Hayne for any player in the world. He is simply the best.

While I wouldn't try to initiate a swap, I wouldn't have been disappointed at various times in the past few years if he was magically swapped for Thurston, or Cameron Smith, or more recently DCE. Why? Not because they're necessarily better players, but they have a more consistent impact on the game over a a larger number of games played (partly b/c of the position they play). I reckon we'd have won more games over the past 2 years if any of those swaps had occurred.

And again, I know the site rules to argue that JH is not definitely the greatest player to have participated in any ball sport, but that's how I see it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
While I wouldn't try to initiate a swap, I wouldn't have been disappointed at various times in the past few years if he was magically swapped for Thurston, or Cameron Smith, or more recently DCE. Why? Not because they're necessarily better players, but they have a more consistent impact on the game over a a larger number of games played (partly b/c of the position they play). I reckon we'd have won more games over the past 2 years if any of those swaps had occurred.

And again, I know the site rules to argue that JH is not definitely the greatest player to have participated in any ball sport, but that's how I see it.

I would have preferred those players because they all played full seasons over the past two years. Of the three, the least appearances through 2012-2013 was Thurston (46). Daly Cherry-Evans played 54 NRL games during the two years - twice as many as Hayne's 27 appearances.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Thurstons record in a much stronger side for the last few years for the Cowboys has been pretty poor.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Thurstons record in a much stronger side for the last few years for the Cowboys has been pretty poor.

They won five games in 2010. Thurston played in 17 of those games, but only won three of them. They only avoided the spoon because Melbourne had their points stripped.

We won an extra game in 2012 but ran last.

I would have preferred those players because they all played full seasons over the past two years. Of the three, the least appearances through 2012-2013 was Thurston (46). Daly Cherry-Evans played 54 NRL games during the two years - twice as many as Hayne's 27 appearances.

Yes, that was part of my reasoning. I'd probably also add that f**kwit SBW to my list....again not because he's a 'better' player, but b/c I reckon we'd have won more games .

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They won five games in 2010. Thurston played in 17 of those games, but only won three of them. They only avoided the spoon because Melbourne had their points stripped.

We won an extra game in 2012 but ran last.
So Thurston isn't a superstar either......

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'll ask again.

Can you think of a player that has been in a team that has come last the previous two years that the general sporting public would refer to as a 'superstar'?

Who cares what the general sporting public think? Those idiots ask questions like "Will Hindy promise to give 100% during the year?' Public opinion is a poor gauge of anything.

My opinion, otoh, is both reliable and accurate.

Latest posts