What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp

magpie4ever

First Grade
My point is that Hayne's teammates have been so poor and uninspired that they only win 15% of the time otherwise, for one player to increase that win rate to 33%, he must be one hell of a superstar.

Poo, you have no point; every rational Parramatta supporters would agree with my previous post. Your use of statistics shows the lie.

Joely01

Bench
I'm not putting Hayne down, but you can't be considered elite or a superstar due to half a dozen unbelievable games back in 2009 (I believe).

This is what I don't get when people who aren't parra supporters rate Hayne. They always go back to the 09 run. It was a run we will probably never see again from a player and some of the things he came up with again won't be seen again either. He is a freak and I don't think many will argue about that.
But since then being a parra supporter and Hayne as one of my favorite players, I've noticed how his game has adapted and he has become a natural ball player as well as a running game and defensive game that are all up there as the best in the game.
Let's just remember the team he has had the last few seasons, other fullbacks like slater or Inglis wouldn't have done much with the mob we have had.
Hayne hasn't had a run like 09 but he has been our best player most games he has played in, but because he hasn't scored a hatrick or stepped half a team to score other fans won't see how much of an improved player he is.
For instance his cut out ball is one of the best in the comp, opposition wingers know it's coming it's just thrown that well they can't do anything about it.
It's for reasons like this he is in the top 5 players in the world. Put him in a roosters jersey and he would be nearly number 1 by now.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Dally M, NSW best player and current Australian international. Of course he's a superstar.

So Cronk is even more of a superstar, add how many series over NSW in a row.

You are being ridiculous and making a fool of yourself.

Hayne is top-line but no superstar.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So Cronk is even more of a superstar, add how many series over NSW in a row.

Cronk doesn't have the speed, the footwork or the vision to be in Hayne's superstar class.

Now you're just making a fool of yourself.

Hayne's team wins less than half the time when he doesn't play. How much less does Melbourne win without Cronk? Probably close to Souths without Inglis (about 5/6 as often).

hindy111

Post Whore
Hayne is a superstar. So is Dugan. Hayne-Dugan-Inglis-Slater-Stuart are 5 great fullbacks.Not much between all of them.Hayne has the best all round game thou.Inglis best running.Stewart best positioning and support slater freakish player and did it fr 10 yrs and Dugan turned dragons around.Not much between all of them

magpie4ever

First Grade
Cronk doesn't have the speed, the footwork or the vision to be in Hayne's superstar class.

Now you're just making a fool of yourself.

Hayne's team wins less than half the time when he doesn't play. How much less does Melbourne win without Cronk? Probably close to Souths without Inglis (about 5/6 as often).

You are not being rational.

You have tried to prove objectively; by statistics, rep caps and awards that Hayne is a superstar. I have proven by the same use of statistics, rep caps and awards; he is not.

So now you have become subjective about the call and talk about speed and footwork. You are showing yourself to be a one-eyed rabid Parramatta supporter and that, my friend, is good.

It shows you are not the statisticial nerd and logical turd that many posters here think you are.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I am showing how good Hayne is by multiple means. Any way you look at it (except recent performances by his team) he is a superstar.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
This is what I don't get when people who aren't parra supporters rate Hayne. They always go back to the 09 run. It was a run we will probably never see again from a player and some of the things he came up with again won't be seen again either. He is a freak and I don't think many will argue about that.
But since then being a parra supporter and Hayne as one of my favorite players, I've noticed how his game has adapted and he has become a natural ball player as well as a running game and defensive game that are all up there as the best in the game.
Let's just remember the team he has had the last few seasons, other fullbacks like slater or Inglis wouldn't have done much with the mob we have had.
Hayne hasn't had a run like 09 but he has been our best player most games he has played in, but because he hasn't scored a hatrick or stepped half a team to score other fans won't see how much of an improved player he is.
For instance his cut out ball is one of the best in the comp, opposition wingers know it's coming it's just thrown that well they can't do anything about it.
It's for reasons like this he is in the top 5 players in the world. Put him in a roosters jersey and he would be nearly number 1 by now.

yep because of '09 the following doesn't exist

- multiple brad fittler medals
- international player of the year award
- leading try scorer in last world cup
- rookie of the year

magpie4ever

First Grade
I am showing how good Hayne is by multiple means. Any way you look at it (except recent performances by his team) he is a superstar.

I showed you by multiple means that Cooper Cronk out rates Jarryd Hayne for superstar status.

Admit it Poo; it game, set, match to me, as far as the objective argument goes.

But, as said, you are very much entitled to argue that Jarryd is a superstar as a rabid Parramatta supporter. More power to you; if you are willing to admit; but, somehow I believe you will, as usual, carry on in your verbose manner so as not to concede a point.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I showed you by multiple means that Cooper Cronk out rates Jarryd Hayne for superstar status.

No you didn't. You showed by a couple of measures (Dally M and current membership in the Australian team) that Cronk is the equal of Hayne. Cronk also plays in better club and Origin teams.

By every other measure, Hayne is better than Cronk. So you proved nothing. I'll concede Cronk is less injury prone and might have a better kicking game (two points you haven't raised, BTW).

Admit it Poo; it game, set, match to me, as far as the objective argument goes.

But, as said, you are very much entitled to argue that Jarryd is a superstar as a rabid Parramatta supporter. More power to you; if you are willing to admit; but, somehow I believe you will, as usual, carry on in your verbose manner so as not to concede a point.

Oh I conceded a point. See above. Pay attention to the bit where you proved nothing.

T.S Quint

Coach
Hayne is without a doubt one of the top 5 players in the game, based on talent and affect on a game.
His superstar status cannot be questioned.

Magpie just be trolling.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Parramatta supporters are delusional if they believe Hayne is elite or a superstar. He is elite in the Parramatta squad. Yes, he did have a good world cup as a centre, but I would have too, given the team around me. Maroubra is right re: Inglis.

I should have voted to kick you out...

How is he not elite? He regularly causes headaches for Queenslad in a NSW team filled with dreadfully average players. That means his team isn't making him shine - he's just shining because he's that good.

Ask Queenslanders which NSW player they'd love to have in their team, and they'd all easily say Hayne. He's the only NSW player who would walk into their 17.

Last edited:

TheRam

Coach
Has Inglis yet done anything near what Hayne did in '09? No. Has Inglis had to carry a team yet, like Hayne has? No. Inglis has had the luxury of playing with elite players at Melbourne and Queensland, and behind arguably the best pack of forwards in the game at Souths. And then you look at Hayne and Parramatta.
And who performed better for Australia in this last world cup? Hayne or Inglis? No contest, in my book. Hayne wins hands down.

This just about sums it all up. Hayne is the best player in the world bar none. He just generally plays in shite teams.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Greats praise 'honorary Queenslander' Hayne

JARRYD HAYNE is the only NSW player who would come close to getting a start for Queensland, say Maroons greats Chris Close and Billy Moore.

Both declared they would not trade a single Maroon for any member of the Blues side that suffered a record fourth series defeat, but were unanimous in their respect for Hayne, who they said was the only player who showed a Queenslander-like spirit.

"As far as courage and commitment go, Queensland are spot on," Close said.

"That's the difference between the sides.

"Big Steve Price and Petero Civoniceva, you looked at their beaten bodies and they were saying, 'No', but their hearts were saying, 'Yeah, let's go, boys'. And they just kept going. They dug deep and filled those burning lungs with oxygen and took those extra couple of steps to make those tackles that really counted. And that is so Queensland-like.

"The only bloke on the other side who played with close to that much passion was Jarryd Hayne.

"I thought Michael Weyman and Ben Creagh tried hard, but I wouldn't swap them for any of our blokes - that's for sure.

"Hayne was wonderful all series. He tried his guts out the whole game. He's one of few blokes in that team who played with an Origin spirit. He didn't give up.

"The Blues looked terrible, they looked lost. Watmough was quite good, but you wouldn't trade him for our blokes.

"But if you had to choose one I think Jarryd Hayne. Hayne's a freak. He's one of those players who has the ability to do something magical and he always senses what's going to happen and puts himself in the right spot. He was by far their best player.

"He showed heart, but as for the rest of the team, it was probably a case for NSW of blokes who didn't aim up — and there were a few in that category."

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Cronk is a manufactured half who has been kissed on the dick playing with smith,Slater and a side well over the cap, Cherry Evans in just 3 season is already a better half than him. Hayne is an out and out superstar who has been hamstrung by playing with deadset plodders and coached by clueless gimps. He is the only player QLD fear but for some reason has been kept out of his best position.

If Hayne played for Souths or Melbourne it would be a case of Greg and Billy Who. He is that good, if he stays injury free and finally gets some of the help he needs he will rip the NRL apart again. Magpie give yourself an uppercut and to think i voted for you, i suppose i have always taken pity on strays ;-)