What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp

broncos2010

Juniors
I have nothing to do with the Eels2010 guy.

When I first started posting there was a couple people trying to copy my name for some reason there was even a guy called broncos2011.

broncos2010

Juniors
Fascinating, tell us more.

Why would you rather talk about how you guys got smashed by 50 points 4 times this season?

Or the fact that one of your major signings for next year spend the second half of the season in the qld cup and your other one has not played football for 2 years?

Your choice.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Why would you rather talk about how you guys got smashed by 50 points 4 times this season?

Or the fact that one of your major signings for next year spend the second half of the season in the qld cup and your other one has not played football for 2 years?

Your choice.

Oh! Oh! I know - let's talk about how your team lost to the aforementioned rabble!

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Your choice.
How about instead you gargle some battery acid or stick you head in a mincer.

Your choice.

broncos2010

Juniors
1 year :lol::lol::lol:

Can't really blame him at least the raiders have a very decent youth system and club structure and who would not want to coach a guy like Milford, a superstar who he can make a team around.

emjaycee

Coach

Can't really blame him at least the raiders have a very decent youth system and club structure and who would not want to coach a guy like Milford, a superstar who he can make a team around.

Isn't Milford joining Barba to fight Hoffman for the #1 spot at the Drongos next year?

hineyrulz

Post Whore

But but but but i'm not a troll, i told you before the acid or the mincer. Your choice shitbrick.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Actually, the wooden spoons were precisely because Hayne only played 27 out of a possible 48 Eels games.

Parramatta supporters are delusional if they believe Hayne is elite or a superstar. He is elite in the Parramatta squad. Yes, he did have a good world cup as a centre, but I would have too, given the team around me. Maroubra is right re: Inglis.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I agree. Personally I think Hayne is not yet consistent enough to be considered elite. I also rate Inglis more highly than Hayne.

magpie4ever

First Grade
I agree. Personally I think Hayne is not yet consistent enough to be considered elite. I also rate Inglis more highly than Hayne.

I'm not putting Hayne down, but you can't be considered elite or a superstar due to half a dozen unbelievable games back in 2009 (I believe).

Eels Dude

Coach
Actually, the wooden spoons were precisely because Hayne only played 27 out of a possible 48 Eels games.

I don't know about precisely. Of course having him injured contributed to those spoons, but our winning record was already poor even when Hayne was playing. We might have nabbed a couple of extra wins each season, but that still would have barely taken us out of spoon territory when you consider the past two years we've finished 2 wins behind the 15th placed team.

Anyway that wasn't really my point, I just don't see the logic in saying Inglis is a better player than Hayne because Inglis hasn't carried a woeful football team.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Parramatta supporters are delusional if they believe Hayne is elite or a superstar. He is elite in the Parramatta squad. Yes, he did have a good world cup as a centre, but I would have too, given the team around me. Maroubra is right re: Inglis.

Mate, he's won the Dally M, he's been the Blues' best player since 2007, and he's carved up for Australia.

His club has also run last in the two years he has been injured. Since 2009, the Eels have won 4 from 26 without him (15%). They win more than twice as often with him in the side.

How many other players have the same effect on their team? The teams Greg Inglis has played for over the same period have won 11 from 21 without him (52%). With him in the side they win only slightly more often (62.5%).

What about Thurston? The Cowboys only won five games in 2010, and JT played 17 games that year (winning three of them). Does that mean he was shit too? From 2010 to 2013 (because that's the period I'm using, for argument's sake) the Cowboys won 6 from 18 without Thurston (33%). When Thurston plays they won exactly 50% of games. So he's also not as important to his team as Hayne, though obviously more important then Inglis.

Anyway, importance to one's team isn't the be-all and end-all, but it is a pretty solid indicator of a player's quality.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Mate, he's won the Dally M, he's been the Blues' best player since 2007, and he's carved up for Australia.

His club has also run last in the two years he has been injured. Since 2009, the Eels have won 4 from 26 without him (15%). They win more than twice as often with him in the side.

How many other players have the same effect on their team? The teams Greg Inglis has played for over the same period have won 11 from 21 without him (52%). With him in the side they win only slightly more often (62.5%).

What about Thurston? The Cowboys only won five games in 2010, and JT played 17 games that year (winning three of them). Does that mean he was shit too? From 2010 to 2013 (because that's the period I'm using, for argument's sake) the Cowboys won 6 from 18 without Thurston (33%). When Thurston plays they won exactly 50% of games. So he's also not as important to his team as Hayne, though obviously more important then Inglis.

Anyway, importance to one's team isn't the be-all and end-all, but it is a pretty solid indicator of a player's quality.

Don't shit me Poo, even you know if you are coming off a lower base it is easier to double your percentage. 15% to 30%, is still a low percentage win rate.

The Inglis percentages are ridiculous. You expect him to cause the winning percentage to go from 52% when he doesn't play, to 104% when he plays.

Unless, you are a dumb f**k; you are playing with percentages and statistics. As i said many times to you before; there are lies, damn lies and statistics.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
My point is that Hayne's teammates have been so poor and uninspired that they only win 15% of the time otherwise, for one player to increase that win rate to 33%, he must be one hell of a superstar.