What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
My last words on the Hoppa proposal.

I've seen this young bloke play from the HM Cup up, and I have never seen a better prospect. If he was in a team I coached, I would be trying to get the ball in his hands as much as possible.

But, the gimpy Parramatta supporters believe he should be restricted one side of the field and restricted

I would have put him at fullback and either let Hayne go or move Hayne to the halves and not sign Norman.

Bigfella

Coach
So you reckon Newcastle should stick Boyd on the wing or Manly should put DCE on the bench because it works so well in the Australian team? Don't compare club sides with rep teams. Every player in the Aussie side is in the top couple of players for their clubs. Even wingers, centres and bench players. You imbecile.

Newcastle should have played Joey johns at hooker

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I would have put him at fullback and either let Hayne go or move Hayne to the halves and not sign Norman.

I would have Hoppa at fullback with Hayne and Norman in the halves. Quality in three positions. Two halves with massive kicking games, crisp passing games and awesome running games...but we can't have that at Parra.

lingard

Coach
Ok, let's wait and see.

After two wooden spoons in a row, I think a head coach would start to think outside of square. Not worry about stats (LACs or whatever - Local Area Commands, last time I looked - that is for POO).

The backline I listed would be very strong, given Hayne's performance as a centre in the WC and Hoppa being an unbelievable talent.

I also have believed for a while that Hayne would make an exceptional centre. But I'm also happy with him staying at fullback. The only position I DON'T want him playing is five-eight. But we haven't got a clue yet how Hoppoate would go at six - and seeing as Norman has proven he is a good six and has been promised first crack at it, let's leave it at:
1. Hayne
3. Hoppoate
6. Norman
for now, and see how we go. That's a very strong looking core of a backline, I reckon.

lingard

Coach
Proposing moving Hoppa to 5/8 and Jarryd to centre and I'm on the sauce. Yeah, it is so radical and unrealistic for a team that has finished 15th, 16th and 16th.

f**k, it was an idea; I didn't sentence JC to death or stand alongside Adolf.

Hayne to centre is a fair enough call. But most would think that means putting Hoppoate to fullback, not five-eight. Your idea might not be as crazy as it sounds, though. You know, it's NEVER going to happen - but as a hypothetical it has some merit. We know Hayne can play centre; we know Norman can play fullback; we know Hoppoate is going to be the next super-duper star of the game, and that he can play wing or centre (and probably fullback). But we don't know yet if he'd be any good at five-eight.
(Hayne is an absolute superstar - and he can't play five-eight. :shock: )

magpie4ever

First Grade
Hayne to centre is a fair enough call. But most would think that means putting Hoppoate to fullback, not five-eight. Your idea might not be as crazy as it sounds, though. You know, it's NEVER going to happen - but as a hypothetical it has some merit. We know Hayne can play centre; we know Norman can play fullback; we know Hoppoate is going to be the next super-duper star of the game, and that he can play wing or centre (and probably fullback). But we don't know yet if he'd be any good at five-eight.
(Hayne is an absolute superstar - and he can't play five-eight. :shock: )

Thanks mate, at least someone is showing some maturity with regards to my idea.

As said I have seen young Hoppa play rep footy from u16s up, and if given a shot would be an excellent 5/8.

You are entitled to believe he is better suited the centre or wing, i say it is a waste.

lingard

Coach
Thanks mate, at least someone is showing some maturity with regards to my idea.

As said I have seen young Hoppa play rep footy from u16s up, and if given a shot would be an excellent 5/8.

You are entitled to believe he is better suited the centre or wing, i say it is a waste.

And you may well be right. I hope you are. We haven't had an exceptional five-eight since Brett Kenny.

Latest posts