What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The T.V Rights Thread Part III

How much will the Total Broadcast Rights Deal be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flapper

First Grade
So if he doesn't know he shouldn't guess, especially if it's a deliberate ploy to dampen the value in the name of his employer.

docbrown

Coach
So if he doesn't know he shouldn't guess, especially if it's a deliberate ploy to dampen the value in the name of his employer.

Good journos won't publish something they know to be ethically wrong even if it means going against their employer.

The rest work for News Limited papers.

Canucks

Juniors
Triple m now... Talking about the rights, 750m mentioned... Ray warren didn't know about the 20% rule for first and last, so calling Gyng during the break haha

Its like going to an auction for a prime bit of real estate,that was sold way under value a few yrs ago .
Do the 2 interested parties who want it ,walk away after the first bid.
I think the fact that 1 billion is being thrown about(sources not veruy reliable) at the start of things makes me very confident that we will get a very very good deal.
my guess 1.21 billion allup.

Tommax25

Bench
In the big footy thread on paul kent article someone said that its a near on certainty that the afl's next deal will be 2 billion. Are they dreaming?

Brutus

Referee
Triple m now... Talking about the rights, 750m mentioned... Ray warren didn't know about the 20% rule for first and last, so calling Gyng during the break haha

The last person I want to hear talking about the TV deal is Ray Warren.

Edwahu

Bench
In the big footy thread on paul kent article someone said that its a near on certainty that the afl's next deal will be 2 billion. Are they dreaming?

Would have said they were dreaming about 1.25. Hard to see what else they have to offer next time around though.

Unless that team in China has got the 1% they dream about :lol:

I don't think they know what they are talking about because what I'm hearing is that the AFL is positioning themselves to sell subscriptions direct to the consumer next time around to make use of the NBN. so the rights deal may even be less than this time around, but their net result may be much much higher. As usual Doc might have a better idea on this.

docbrown

Coach
Time for the cheese platter distraction shot -

1211773790843.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well we know the game can survive on around $200 mill a year income so in theory they could stick two fingers up to fox or fta but not both

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Why do these f**kwits get obsessed over me? X-man was at the point of suicide. What empty little lives they lead.

Do they still think they're having conversations with me on Talking Footy? f**king idiots! :lol:

Damn, looks like we are all under attack from the Victorians :crazy:

Hello private Prickard, tell us all again how a SOO game played in the USA is laughable :lol:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Does anyone know how the Warriors v broncos rated? Tvtonight has saturday up but not the subscription tv section.

Would have won the night on pay tv for sure, but i am interested to see by how much. On that could the NRL in a fixed schedule entice Fox to pay more if they got the Broncos on more often?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts