What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The T.V Rights Thread Part III

How much will the Total Broadcast Rights Deal be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patorick

Staff member
Time for Gallop/IC to place Nine on notice:

I watched the Qld telecast tonight of the double header. Or at least, I should say I was able to watch some of it.

Being in Qld, the Broncos v Storm match was telecast first. At the completion of that game the viewing public was treated to a masterful display by 9 on how they can mismanage this sport that gifts them so much.

They cut to a bunch of ads and instead of then commencing the delay telecast of the Rabbits v Raiders match they redisplay the picture of the emptying melbourne stadium with some Storm players milling around the fence line, when a Hadley voice over promptly announces that "the Storm & the Rabbits have recorded comprehensive wins, and that the late night news will be next"........it doesnt end there though.........we then go back to ad breaks.

When the telecast finally returns it doesnt launch into the Rabbits game but instead returns to the now empty Melbourne stadium with another couple of minutes of audio tech mumbling and finsihed off with a shot of the commentary booth complete with tech winding up cables and ends with an audio tech obviously unaware until he obviously hears through his headset somethings up and they go back to an ad break until we resume with the rabbits match 9 minutes in.

It was fine comedy indeed and as completely amateur as ive seen in TV for a long long time.

9 need to pay extra to even have a shot at the rights.
Hopefully someone youtubes that.

Canucks

Juniors
channel 9 are muppets

i'd rather they sell the rights for $2 to SBS than go with 9 for $2 billion

I get the impression that Rabs and Gould are bored with calling games now. They actually make the game boring. Their banter completely misses the mark with ppl under 60 like myself.

PaddyBoy

Juniors
Anyone remember Rabs last Sunday (?) "I've got no issue with plugging all the other shows on Channel Nine, but how come they never give us a plug?".

Rabbits is fed up, methinks.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Just when you think Nine couldn't possibly show more disdain towards League, they prove you wrong.

Not long before you lose the rights Nine, followed by the razor gang from CVC boning all of the 'talent' across the Network.

Cartman

Juniors
Time for Gallop/IC to place Nine on notice:

I watched the Qld telecast tonight of the double header. Or at least, I should say I was able to watch some of it.

Being in Qld, the Broncos v Storm match was telecast first. At the completion of that game the viewing public was treated to a masterful display by 9 on how they can mismanage this sport that gifts them so much.

They cut to a bunch of ads and instead of then commencing the delay telecast of the Rabbits v Raiders match they redisplay the picture of the emptying melbourne stadium with some Storm players milling around the fence line, when a Hadley voice over promptly announces that "the Storm & the Rabbits have recorded comprehensive wins, and that the late night news will be next"........it doesnt end there though.........we then go back to ad breaks.

When the telecast finally returns it doesnt launch into the Rabbits game but instead returns to the now empty Melbourne stadium with another couple of minutes of audio tech mumbling and finsihed off with a shot of the commentary booth complete with tech winding up cables and ends with an audio tech obviously unaware until he obviously hears through his headset somethings up and they go back to an ad break until we resume with the rabbits match 9 minutes in.

It was fine comedy indeed and as completely amateur as ive seen in TV for a long long time.

9 need to pay extra to even have a shot at the rights.

I usually find it hard enough to watch the second Friday night game ad fest, and then 9 go and top it off by giving away the result. :crazy:

I remember a while back Rabs while commentating the first game shown telling people to stick around for the second game as it was a thriller. If they are going to persist with showing football delayed then could they at least give us a 'spoiler alert' before saying stupid things.

Nerd

Bench
Just when you think Nine couldn't possibly show more disdain towards League, they prove you wrong.

Not long before you lose the rights Nine, followed by the razor gang from CVC boning all of the 'talent' across the Network.

We can only live in hope.

bobmar28

Bench
How come population wise far less people from Sydney tune in to SOO compared to Brisbane?

Sydney pop 4.6mill viewers 1.1mill
Brisbane pop 2mill viewers 900k

Residents of the inner city/North shore - population 1 million - are not that interested in rugby league.

TheRam

Coach
You need to find ways of having better dreams.

Oh that was just the entrée, for the main meal of the of the dream, whole of the Parra girls cheer squad and I went on a wild and insane 3 day snog fest in celebration of such a great NRL windfall.

As for the dessert, well that was a little embarrassing you might say. I woke after the 3 days in a strange dark room with a butt plug up my you know what, with a silver chain attached to it and on the other end of it, well it was strapped to the wrist of a sleeping J. Hayne. :shock::eek:

Canard

Immortal
How does fumbeball rate in Melbourne in comparison to Sydney?

Its as "multi-cultural" if not more than Sydney so that would be a good comparison.

I got a feeling its not massively higher than those figures above (for big games)

user_nat

Coach
How does fumbeball rate in Melbourne in comparison to Sydney?

Its as "multi-cultural" if not more than Sydney so that would be a good comparison.

I got a feeling its not massively higher than those figures above (for big games)

AFL GF got almost 1.4m into Melbourne last year. That was with 2 Melbourne teams though.

AFL also seems to rate higher into Melbourne than NRL into Sydney most weeks, although not by much.

TV shows across the board rate higher into Melbourne, no idea why.

DMS

Juniors
Just heard a rumor on the Continious Call Team (2GB) Radio from Ray Hadley that Warren Smith (Fox Sports Caller) was seen with a Channel 7 Exec yesterday.......He could be bumping up his price or he could be negotiating terms........time will tell

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Oh that was just the entrée, for the main meal of the of the dream, whole of the Parra girls cheer squad and I went on a wild and insane 3 day snog fest in celebration of such a great NRL windfall.

As for the dessert, well that was a little embarrassing you might say. I woke after the 3 days in a strange dark room with a butt plug up my you know what, with a silver chain attached to it and on the other end of it, well it was strapped to the wrist of a sleeping J. Hayne. :shock::eek:

Thats better. But did it include the girl from the "Wtf?" thread?

docbrown

Coach
Just heard a rumor on the Continious Call Team (2GB) Radio from Ray Hadley that Warren Smith (Fox Sports Caller) was seen with a Channel 7 Exec yesterday.......He could be bumping up his price or he could be negotiating terms........time will tell

7 won't be doing anything in half measures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts