What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The T.V Rights Thread Part III

How much will the Total Broadcast Rights Deal be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In confirming the Test venue, the Commission gave on-going support to a mid-season Test between the two nations in the context of a ‘stand-alone’ representative weekend that included City v Country.
The best thing about this.

Thank God the narrow-minded Sydney-centric mongs who wanted this game scrapped have been ignored for once.

docbrown

Coach
The best thing about this.

Thank God the narrow-minded Sydney-centric mongs who wanted this game scrapped have been ignored for once.

I wonder if they're waiting until after the broadcast deal is done before they shift Origin to Monday nights. It seems like a bit of a backflip, maybe they're just playing it safe for now.

docbrown

Coach
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=942403&page=33

finders said:
I see the thugby sleasers come oozing out when the RL as a few people watch one of their games LOL

Try 4.5 MILLION every week that the AFL is now getting = game over!

2 Million were in NSW and Qld for SSO 313,000 in Melbourne would be way down on normal programming for Ch 9.

Last Wednesday?

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/05/wednesday-16-may-2012.html

FFS way down on normal programming? It'd be in the top 10 in Melbourne out of all networks, not just 9 (where it would be top 5 even despite the CA final). Not good enough for these AFL f**kwits though :lol:

I find it amusing that these morons are trying to say that 9 AFL games = 1 Origin game as if it means anything.

f**king fan boy merkins. :lol:

But of course this won't be the end of it. There's 2 more games to come!

Billythekid

First Grade
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=942403&page=33

Last Wednesday?

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/05/wednesday-16-may-2012.html

FFS way down on normal programming? It'd be in the top 10 in Melbourne out of all networks, not just 9 (where it would be top 5 even despite the CA final). Not good enough for these AFL f**kwits though :lol:

I find it amusing that these morons are trying to say that 9 AFL games = 1 Origin game as if it means anything.

f**king fan boy merkins. :lol:

But of course this won't be the end of it. There's 2 more games to come!

They gotta come up with something. When SOO even out rates their GF what else are they supposed to fall back on? LOL.

Tommax25

Bench
I had a dream last night that channel 10 had won the rights to all 8 games for $1.6 billion. :)

Two days before the final day of the Premier League I had one dream where Man United won 12-nil with Rooney scoring a bout 8 goals, and City winning 1-0, giving United the title.

The night before I had another dream where City drew their game 2-2 and United won by some margin, forget what, and United won the title.

Dreams don't always come true, no matter how much we want them to :(

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
God I hope they separate origin to a diff network than nrl

Love to know what it's worth

It's a f**kload. Guarantees 3 winning weeks and a shit loads of ad revenue

Perth Red

Post Whore
Boooooo!

Frick off they offered more money than EventsWest otherwise it would have been in Perth. Totally unethical of the ARLC I say!

“There is great support for Rugby League in North Queensland and the decision to take the only Australian-based Test of 2012 to Townsville is recognition of that support,” Mr Gallop said.

Perth Red

Post Whore
How come population wise far less people from Sydney tune in to SOO compared to Brisbane?

Sydney pop 4.6mill viewers 1.1mill
Brisbane pop 2mill viewers 900k

docbrown

Coach
Boooooo!

Frick off they offered more money than EventsWest otherwise it would have been in Perth. Totally unethical of the ARLC I say!

“There is great support for Rugby League in North Queensland and the decision to take the only Australian-based Test of 2012 to Townsville is recognition of that support,” Mr Gallop said.

dad7b317-0228-4a98-8aa6-2e9693149af2

docbrown

Coach
How come population wise far less people from Sydney tune in to SOO compared to Brisbane?

It's not a case of Sydney having "far less". If anything it's a case of Queenslanders being fanatical about their rugby league teams.

If you want a real comparison, why don't you compare last year's AFL GF market share in Melbourne to this year's Origin I market share in Brisbane... :cool:

Last edited:

Edwahu

Bench
Worth noting that Pay TV sub numbers are also a fair bit bigger in Sydney, which means less people watch FTA. Though it wouldnt make a huge difference for Origin.

Time for Gallop/IC to place Nine on notice:

I watched the Qld telecast tonight of the double header. Or at least, I should say I was able to watch some of it.

Being in Qld, the Broncos v Storm match was telecast first. At the completion of that game the viewing public was treated to a masterful display by 9 on how they can mismanage this sport that gifts them so much.

They cut to a bunch of ads and instead of then commencing the delay telecast of the Rabbits v Raiders match they redisplay the picture of the emptying melbourne stadium with some Storm players milling around the fence line, when a Hadley voice over promptly announces that "the Storm & the Rabbits have recorded comprehensive wins, and that the late night news will be next"........it doesnt end there though.........we then go back to ad breaks.

When the telecast finally returns it doesnt launch into the Rabbits game but instead returns to the now empty Melbourne stadium with another couple of minutes of audio tech mumbling and finsihed off with a shot of the commentary booth complete with tech winding up cables and ends with an audio tech obviously unaware until he obviously hears through his headset somethings up and they go back to an ad break until we resume with the rabbits match 9 minutes in.

It was fine comedy indeed and as completely amateur as ive seen in TV for a long long time.

9 need to pay extra to even have a shot at the rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts