What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The team named finally

Misanthrope

Staff member
Well at least Reynoldson at lock and not some Neville like Tanner or Mueller.

Whichever of the above started for us last week, did a pretty good job. Knocked the ball loose when Guttenbiel looked like scoring early on, and did a few memorable runs.

Parki

Bench
"willie tonga running straight over george carmont, runs over hughes..... tonga scores... and wait a minute, hughes is down, hes broken a nail and is out for the season, what a terrible blow to the knights"

ffs, ive just about had it with this bullshit method of picking players, hughes did NOTHING in pl last week, except get belted by a second rate premier league side. God help him if hes in the way of O meley or any other of the dogs players, surely they would know just by looking at him that they can knock him over

*sigh* come on boys, i know i say it every week, but please lets do something this week

antonius

Coach
Just on Snowden, I think in all the games in first grade he looked a bit out of his depth, he was trying to do too much, and it wasn't happening for him (offloads etc) He did the same last week in Flegg, so I'm not surprised he didn't get back in. White on the other hand had a top game in Premier league last week, and was solid in his couple of Firts grade games, I cannot work out what he's done wrong to get dumped. Hughes was ordinary in premier league on Sunday, but that seems to be OK with Hagan, pick the name, not the performance.

I'm not disagreeing on Snowden. I'm saying he's flat at the moment too. But it might not be all about his form on the field either.

Worth has definetely been more impressive so far this year. I'd certainly give him a FG spot over a returning Woolnough. I'm still not sure what Hagen thinks Kennedy brings to the forwards.

Nuffy

Bench
I'm tell you that Hagan picks the team based on the value of a players contract, his theory is if a blokes on 200k hes a better bet than someone who's on 100k.

The teams not picked on form.

Prepare to be lapped this week, it will be a massacre, theres no chance of them sneaking up on the dogs like last year.

CWB said it best "worst team ever"

We tried Plan A... it failed

We tried Plan B... it failed too.

So we GO BACK TO PLAN A??? Where's Plan C? Where's a chance for Jarrod Mullen? What about something imaginative like trying Tighe at 5/8th? Or Quigley? Or Buderus at halfback?

No, we are just content to keep trying a plan that is doomed to failure. I'm sorry to be the 1,000,000th person to tell you this Hagan, but STEVE WITT TACKLES LIKE A FOUR YEAR OLD GIRL!

God, let this be Witt's last chance. With Centrebet framing a market on when (or if) we'll win a game, it's got to almost be time to blood players. That's so embarrasing at Round 7 to be talking of blooding young players...

I can't wait to see how the team goes when Hagen goes on Origin duties.... if only to satisfy my curiosity.

Spike

First Grade
Stranger said:
Or Buderus at halfback?
:-k Not a bad idea

I think the last time that occured was against Melbourne a few years ago when we had a massive injury toll. He played the worst game of his life and it was agreed he would never play halfback again.

Didn't he play at half the week after that? Against Souths? God, remember the days when we beat Souths without Johns. There was more stability in sides back then.

Alex28

Coach
Danish Moo Cow said:
roopy said:
Danish Moo Cow said:
Snowden in Flegg again?
If I were naming the side he would be dropped from Flegg after the non-effort he put in last week.

I'll give you a tip, Roops. He was disappointed at the demotion in the first place. You better hope it doesn't happen too often cause if you upset a potential first grader who has already been courted, then you'll risk losing him.

You dont just play a potential first grader just because you dont want to upset him. He looked out of his depth in the few games he did play, and if there are better/in form players in front of him, then he has to buck up and prove he belongs in firsts.

As for Witt - it shows the lack of imagination Hagan has with the team. He was a deadset speedbump in the first few games of the season - he is not up to NRL standard.

B-dos

Referee
As for Witt - it shows the lack of imagination Hagan has with the team. He was a deadset speedbump in the first few games of the season - he is not up to NRL standard.

I completely agree. It is time Hagan started taking a few risks with the team and not doing what we all expect him to do week in and week out. Its not good enough saying "the luck will come our way eventually" as i keep hearing. Its time to make our own luck. Lets mix it up a bit like The Joey Show said, give Tighe a go at 5/8 and put Kidley into Half. ANYTHING.

I hear plenty of people mention "Stop the Hagan Bashing" but honeslty i think its time the man did something a bit special, put something on the line, and not just play it safe every week and HOPE the luck will come our way.

Nuffy

Bench
ITS OFFICIAL

Hagan is the homeless..............Hes got nothing.

When in doubt, revert to the consistent failures!

Alex28

Coach
B-dos said:
Lets mix it up a bit like The Joey Show said, give Tighe a go at 5/8 and put Kidley into Half. ANYTHING.

Best team idea I have heard on this forum in ages...

thuganomics

Coach
antonius said:
We will get smashed. I recall Hughes last game at Fullback against the Dogs, he had a nightmare day, Sherwin kicking and El Magic catching them and plonking them down.

Wasn't the last match Hughes played in fullback against the Dogs he got Man Of The Match. We smashed the Bulldogs and Hughes was playing his heart out.

I dont like the team. But in this competition you never know what might happen next.

antonius

Coach
Well it must have been the game before, because I can remember Hughes continually looking round at our line while El Masri touched down.

Spike

First Grade
I thought it was against Manly that Hughes actually played like a first grader last year from fullback

General Knight

Juniors
hey guys, what ever happened to Dane Campbell? I havent heard anything about him since last year? Did he go back to the QLD?

macavity

Referee
nah it was vs. the dogs, the day his daughter was born. scored 3 and got MOM.

If he played like that every game we would look pretty good. Unfortunately consistent performances like that are 3-4 years in the past.

Dane Campbell has been playing hooker for PL.

Dont know what will happen to him when Quigley goes down again (hopefully).

Latest posts