What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The team named finally

Hughes didn't score 3 against Canterbury. But he did play well last time here against the Dogs. The hat-trick did indeed happen against the Eagles here.

tupac

Juniors
in my opinion hages should just go "f**k it" mullen here is the no 6 jersey. Hinton here is the no 1 jersey. Carmont here is a contract for kuri kuri now :arrow: :clap: :clap:

RABK

Referee
Mark Hughes - Yes he can have a shocker and lose a game but he's also capable of winning a game. He has proven both numerous times.

Bradley Tighe - Won't do much without Johns unless Witt continues his PL from. Johns made him look like Tahu last week.

Matthew Gidley - Neads to pull his finger out, we need him to lift. Needs to go searching for the ball and give Tighe plenty of space.

George Carmont - I can see alot of trys down his side. #-o

Trent Salkeld - Similar to tighe.

Kurt Gidley - Needs to realsie he isn't a playmaker. Just needs to give our backs some space and have a dig at the line himself.

Steven Witt- He is the key. Was outstanding in PL last week but we need him to bring that form up. He has been unable to thus far. Kicking and passing game were 10/10 last week.

Craig Smith - Our most consistent player these past weeks. Will be our most valuable forward against the monster dog back. Sets the standard for our team and alot of the forwards have lifted with him.

Danny Buderus (c) - Will be the differnece between a 50 point loss or a gutsy performance. He can win it for us. We really need his dummy half scoots and his blindside attack.

Daniel Tolar- Very impressive last week. Looks like he's sick of the revolving door of bench players from premier league and has really stood up to make that position his. So good was he that he's got a starting spot against the premiers.

Steve Simpson- Simpson has picked up his work rate but imo his quality has gone down. We need to see the explosive Simmo running at Lolesi all day. We will need his big hits to assert some dominance over the Dogs.

Reegan Tanner- Impressive last week. Runs and hits hard but his ball handling is poor.

Kirk Reynoldson- Changed my opinion of him laxt week. Gutsy player and tough as they come. He copped alot of punishment last week but kept us going forward. He will have to replace the big void left by Abes injury.
Interchange:

Matthew Kennedy - Solid bench player. Improving every week.
Adam Woolnough- ??? Is he really going to play and if so is he mentally ready. If he is then he will add so much to our bench.
Luke Quigley - I'd much rather a running forward then him here.
Blake Mueller- Won't be scared to get in there with the big doggy pack. Hits hard and fast.

It isn't the worst team ever but they certainly will be doing well to be within 20 points of the dogs all game. With that been said an upset is possibly on the cards if they turn up.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I'm liking ur optimism RABK :clap: :clap: The start is crucial. If they start like they did last week, well all of a sudden the crowd gets involved and hey presto the confidence starts to sieve back. They arent without a hope here.

Alex28

Coach
Mark Hughes - Yes he can have a shocker and lose a game but he's also capable of winning a game. He has proven both numerous times.

When is the last time he has been a game winner? I'm guessing the last time he was Andrew Johns played - probably Matthew Johns as well. He is past it and it is an insult to players in Premier League that this guy gets an automatic place in the team week after week (when he is actually fit).

Bradley Tighe - Won't do much without Johns unless Witt continues his PL from. Johns made him look like Tahu last week.

Oh please...give the guy some credit. Brad Tighe is the future of this club, has looked classy in a team getting flogged week after week.

Kurt Gidley - Needs to realsie he isn't a playmaker. Just needs to give our backs some space and have a dig at the line himself.

He's being paid to be a bloody playmaker. If he isn't going to be the playmaker - who is? Steve Witt?

Steven Witt- He is the key. Was outstanding in PL last week but we need him to bring that form up. He has been unable to thus far. Kicking and passing game were 10/10 last week.

If he is the key, the lock does not exist. Time after time his form in Premier League gets talked up, and time after time the guy does absolutely nothing. He is going to be the reason why we lose by 50. His kicking game is ordinary, his defence is simply non-existant, has he actually attacked in first grade? Will be glad to be rid of him at the end of the year.

Steve Simpson- Simpson has picked up his work rate but imo his quality has gone down. We need to see the explosive Simmo running at Lolesi all day. We will need his big hits to assert some dominance over the Dogs.

His quality has gone down because he is a second rower playing in the front row! He is also one of very very few to actually have a go every week.

Kirk Reynoldson- Changed my opinion of him last week. Gutsy player and tough as they come. He copped alot of punishment last week but kept us going forward. He will have to replace the big void left by Abes injury.

He offers nothing in attack. He is an honest first grader at best but isn't going to change a game at all. Overrated.

It isn't the worst team ever but they certainly will be doing well to be within 20 points of the dogs all game. With that been said an upset is possibly on the cards if they turn up.

An upset is not on the cards. The halves offer very little, the forwards are light-on, and the backs are full of past it players who get a start because they are on too much money, and young talent being played out of position.

Bulldogs by at least 30.

Johns Magic

Referee
Alex28 said:

When is the last time he has been a game winner? I'm guessing the last time he was Andrew Johns played - probably Matthew Johns as well. He is past it and it is an insult to players in Premier League that this guy gets an automatic place in the team week after week (when he is actually fit).

Oh please...give the guy some credit. Brad Tighe is the future of this club, has looked classy in a team getting flogged week after week.

He's being paid to be a bloody playmaker. If he isn't going to be the playmaker - who is? Steve Witt?

If he is the key, the lock does not exist. Time after time his form in Premier League gets talked up, and time after time the guy does absolutely nothing. He is going to be the reason why we lose by 50. His kicking game is ordinary, his defence is simply non-existant, has he actually attacked in first grade? Will be glad to be rid of him at the end of the year.

His quality has gone down because he is a second rower playing in the front row! He is also one of very very few to actually have a go every week.

Kirk Reynoldson- Changed my opinion of him last week. Gutsy player and tough as they come. He copped alot of punishment last week but kept us going forward. He will have to replace the big void left by Abes injury.

He offers nothing in attack. He is an honest first grader at best but isn't going to change a game at all. Overrated.

An upset is not on the cards. The halves offer very little, the forwards are light-on, and the backs are full of past it players who get a start because they are on too much money, and young talent being played out of position.

Bulldogs by at least 30.

Gotta love a bit of optimism :lol:

Alex28

Coach
I'm sorry...but R&BK was bagging the wrong players and heaping praise on players that just aren't worthy of it.

The selection is an absolute disgrace and that team is being sent out like a lamb to slaughter. Time and time again guys like Witt and Hughes have offered nothing in first grade yet they get selected time and time again. What incriminating photos of Hages do they have?

Stranger

Coach
The last time i wrote the knights off completly was v Dogs last year.Poor Form poor play, lotta injuries. were the dogs were good hard and touch. We have survived before we can survive again. I have learned never to write an inexperienced team because i have seen some win way to many times.

The_Joey_Show said:
We tried Plan A... it failed

We tried Plan B... it failed too.

So we GO BACK TO PLAN A??? Where's Plan C? Where's a chance for Jarrod Mullen? What about something imaginative like trying Tighe at 5/8th? Or Quigley? Or Buderus at halfback?

No, we are just content to keep trying a plan that is doomed to failure. I'm sorry to be the 1,000,000th person to tell you this Hagan, but STEVE WITT TACKLES LIKE A FOUR YEAR OLD GIRL!

Look putting someone Mullane in isnt going to work to young and sending them in against the defending premiers is downright slack, they need to be slowly inserted gradually against lower calibre teams.

Look at Snowden so much potential and his confidence took a flogging when they tried starting him.

Mark my words the dogs are due to fire and its probably going to be after their key players come back pumped after a test and giving a potentially gifted player a baptism like that would be rather detrimental to there confidence to say the least.

B-dos said:
i think its time the man did something a bit special, put something on the line, and not just play it safe every week and HOPE the luck will come our way.

Personally I reckon it isnt playing it safe - we can all see that surely the scorelines we've copped with the same team cant be flukes every week!

Jobdog said:
I'm liking ur optimism RABK :clap: :clap: The start is crucial. If they start like they did last week, well all of a sudden the crowd gets involved and hey presto the confidence starts to sieve back. They arent without a hope here.

Your right I just hope that they get another bumper crowd cause if they only got 10,000-13,000 that would be shattering for morale.

Good optimism RBK nice to see.

I'll be there cheering my arse off, the thing is when the boys are faltering thats when the crowd needs the big newcastle chant going.

antonius

Coach
Yep Thuga was correct, My young bloke was talking about Hughe's game v the Dogs last year, and he did indeed have a good game at Fullback. I can only assume the game I'm thinking of was the previous season, maybe when O'Davis was out with his broken snoz. Hughes has in the past turned in some good games at fullback, and at centre for that matter, but IMO the last couple of years have more often than not found him wanting, he's getting older and slower, and it shows. Last weeks game in the lower grade he was merely going through the motions, I'm puzzled as to what Hages saw that nobody else did, saying that I suppose there isn't to many other options, other than throw Hinton to the lions, or risk Salkeld at the back.

thuganomics

Coach
I think also with Hughes is that he could be a bit paranoid that once he is tackled another injury may come down on him.

I would rather perfer Hilton in the team, but if Hughes can turn on some 2001 magic I would be glad we named him.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Spike said:
Stranger said:
Or Buderus at halfback?
:-k Not a bad idea

I think the last time that occured was against Melbourne a few years ago when we had a massive injury toll. He played the worst game of his life and it was agreed he would never play halfback again.

He wasn't that great at half as he is playing hooker.

Apart from Hughes at fullback and Witt and half.... I don't have that big of a problem with the side.

Latest posts