What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TNA Impact Thread **Spoilers**

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Sting has 'retired', I don't think he was ever going to be there.

Finally, Christian gets what he has deserved for a long time, sadly the reign will probably come to an end on impact but none the less, well done.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Sting is, as someone's said, 'retired' for two months. It's expected he'll come out of retirement after continual taunts from Jarrett, with or without the title, for a feud. THe rumour buzzing around is that it'll be Christian Cage vs. Monty Brown or Christian Cage vs. Samoa Joe at the next PPV or a rematch that Jarrett would lose to set up his Stinger feud.

PARANoIR

Bench
I don't think we'll see Christian v Joe just yet, I still think there's a bit to go in Joe's feud with AJ and Daniels. Apparently they stopped the show again with the 3-way.

I read somewhere before that there could be a Rhyno heel turn on the cards, and have him against Christian. That would be a good feud, those two can put on a good match.

Misanthrope

Staff member
This will definitely interest anyone out there with broadband. Starting with Destination X it will be possible for fans in Australia to pay and watch the PPV live on their computer. All you need is broadband, a PC (sorry, no Macs), and $14.99 US.

Destination X comes with a replay of Against All Odds if you order in advance, which I'm thinking of doing.

Link for more info is here:
http://www.mediazone.com/channel/tna/jsp/index.jsp

Ben

Bench
Well if you get it CWB, give us some feedback of what you think of the service. I may just hold out for another month and see how it's like. $US15 is a bit too much money for a PPV done by TNA seeing that i can download it later for free.

The only thing i'm concerned about is the quality of the feed and how am i going to watch it if its live and i'm at school?

MrCharisma

Bench
Here's something for you Chrissy

tna_icepick.gif

Misanthrope

Staff member
It takes a bitter WWE fan to care enough about TNA to make that. I wonder, if they're not good enough to make it in the big leagues, why has yon sot decided to make a banner about them?

The only part I agree with is Jarrett. The WWE would love to have Samoa Joe, it's well documented, and Brown would make it there in a pinch.

PARANoIR

Bench
lol. At least they spoke one truth in that Banner on the Jarrett front. Whoever made it can't be that smart, because Joe and Monty would make it in the WWE with bells on.

Eelectrica

Referee
Samoa Joe as an odd body shape, but the guy can move well, very athletic.
Loved the 'Congrats Christian' sign at NWO as well. Surprised they allowed that to slip through and make it on PPV no less.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Yeah, it's very rare. I love that TNA is very slowly seeping into the pro wrestling culture. Gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

PARANoIR

Bench
Eelectrica said:
Loved the 'Congrats Christian' sign at NWO as well. Surprised they allowed that to slip through and make it on PPV no less.

lol. That would've been amusing.

On related matters, Sting's appearance at the PPV should be interesting.

Rumours are circulating that the other surprise appearance is etiher going to be Scott Steiner, Goldberg, Chris Jericho or Sid Vicious. I personally don't have a clue, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't any of them.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I was thinking of buying this PPV (live online) but cash was tight after round one. I might check the results and then decide whether or not it's worth ordering a copy on DVD.

PARANoIR

Bench
Ive been trying to find a live feed, not having much success.

Results -

Team Canade beat The Naturals

Lance Hoyt beat Maverick Matt

Alex Shelly beat Jay Lethal

PARANoIR

Bench
Chris Sabin won the international invitational match. Judging by the reports, it was a very entertaining match.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Results since then:

Jeff Jarrett, AMW, and Abyss defeated Team 3-D, Rhino, and Ron Killings after Jarrett pinned Killings

Christopher Daniels defeated Samoa Joe (c) & AJ Styles in Ultimate X to become X-Division Champion

PARANoIR

Bench
Both of those matches look like they were f**king awesome.

On the Rajah boards alot of people are saying that the surprise is Ultimate Warrior. *shudders*

Ive got a feeling that it might actually be Test.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Christian Cage (c) defeated Monty Brown to retain the NWA World Heavyweigth Title

Afterwards Jarrett challenged him, they brawled, and then everyone ran out to beat on Cage. Rhino tries to help but fails. Then Steve 'Sting' Borden returns to save the day, only to have Scott Steiner make his debut as Jarrett's ally and clear house.

Spike TV wanted big names and though Steiner can't work a match, he's still got some credibility. Not a bad move by TNA.

PARANoIR

Bench
You never know, Steiners in better condition then when he was in WWE, perhaps he might be back at his early days where he could actually wrestling............................hey..who am i kidding :lol:

I must say I am a big fan of Steiners belly to belly suplexes.

Misanthrope

Staff member
And at least we know TNA won't do what the WWE did and try and make him wrestle lengthy matches. He'll be used for his name value. Hell, I know dozens of people who bought today's PPV just because Steve 'Sting' Borden was going to appear. He didn't work a match and only was on for five minutes, but it was enough to make an otherwise unremarkable card look good.

That said, the matches were all apparently very good.

Latest posts