What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TNA Impact Thread **Spoilers**

lotm

Juniors
i can't see impact being picked up any time soon. i just don't know where they'd show it. they used to show some wwe on foxsports, but i'm not sure if they'd like to do it again, especially with a low profile organisation like tna. and now that fox8 is the 'undisputed home of wwe', i can't see them picking up a rival brand. i suppose main event is an option, but that'd seriously limit viewership.

i hope it is picked up, because i'd like to have a gander.

lockyno1

Post Whore
lotm said:
i can't see impact being picked up any time soon. i just don't know where they'd show it. they used to show some wwe on foxsports, but i'm not sure if they'd like to do it again, especially with a low profile organisation like tna. and now that fox8 is the 'undisputed home of wwe', i can't see them picking up a rival brand. i suppose main event is an option, but that'd seriously limit viewership.

i hope it is picked up, because i'd like to have a gander.

Or they could chuck RAW off and put impact on Fox 8 and call it the undisputed home of TNA!

Misanthrope

Staff member
For bender (I think it was him asking for details on the World X Cup):

From TNA Wrestling.com

A LOOK AHEAD TO THE WORLD X CUP TOURNAMENT
The story behind the huge international event coming to TNA Wrestling
By Bill Banks

In recent weeks, fans who have tuned into iMPACT!” have been hearing about the upcoming World X Cup tournament, an international invitational last held in 2004 in TNA Wrestling. For new fans of TNA who never witnessed the 2004 event, many may wonder just what all of the buzz is about. Longtime fans that had the opportunity to see the World X Cup still talk about the tremendous international action featured over those months.

In January 2004, TNA management decided to give TNA’s high-flying and daredevil X Division some international flavor. TNA was built on the action of the X style, but there were so many X class athletes battling all around the world that TNA invited them to the United States as part of an international tournament to compete against each other.

The first event was held on February 11, 2004 on Pay-Per-View, the first of three “America’s X Cup” tournaments held prior to the World X Cup that summer. That night, Team NWA (represented by Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt, Elix Skipper and Jerry Lynn) took on Team Mexico from the AAA promotion consisting of Juventud Guerrera, Hector Garza, Mr. Aguila and Abismo Negro.

The tournament featured singles bouts, tag team bouts and a final team-on-team bout to determine the winners of the America’s X Cup. Like all the subsequent X Cup tournaments, standings were based on points awarded for wins.

In the first America’s X Cup, Team Mexico came out strong and dominated throughout, winning the final point standings to become the first champions of the America’s X Cup. Team NWA needed to regroup and refocus their efforts, but based on the overwhelming success of the first event TNA management invited Team Mexico to return the following month to defend the cup.

On March 10, 2004, on Pay-Per-View, the second America’s X Cup tournament was held, this time featuring Team Mexico defending against Team Canada, consisting of Petey Williams, Johnny Devine, Teddy Hart and Jack Evans. Again, Team Mexico dominated the event – remaining the reigning X Cup champions. The loss angered Team Canada coach Scott D’Amore so much that he vowed to reform an even stronger Team Canada with the additions of Bobby Roode and Eric Young, giving way to the current Team Canada we know today.

The third America’s X Cup tournament was held on April 7, 2004 on Pay-Per-View with Team Mexico defending against Team United Kingdom, consisting of England’s Dean Allmark, Robbie Dynamite, Frankie Sloan and James Mason. Even though Juventud Guerrera was replaced by Hector Garza as captain (with AAA’s Heavy Metal joining the team), Team Mexico continued their domination of the America’s X Cup, claiming their third event. By this point, there was no stopping Team Mexico.

Two months later, TNA Wrestling announced the first-ever World X Cup, the evolution of the America’s X Cup events. This time, four international teams would take part – Team Mexico as the defending champions, with Team NWA (Lynn, Skipper, Sabin and new member The Fallen Angel), Team Canada (Williams, Roode, Young and Devine) and Team Japan (Mitsu Hirai, Taichi Ishikari, Hirai Nobukazu and Misawa)

The one-night international spectacular was held on May 26, 2004 on Pay-Per-View. The tournament matches and format were changed up from the previous America’s X Cup events, as a Gauntlet Match was added along with an Ultimate X Match for the finals. Once again, points were awarded for wins to determine standings, which would prove important as Mexico, Canada and the NWA teams were all neck-and-neck heading into the final Ultimate X showdown.

After losing the first America’s X Cup event, Team NWA captain Jerry Lynn vowed to bring the World X Cup home to TNA. In the final Ultimate X Match, Lynn made the smart decision of picking Ultimate X veteran Chris Sabin to compete in the bout against Mexico’s Hector Garza and Canada’s Petey Williams. The decision paid off big time for Lynn, as Sabin won the bout and gave Team NWA the win in the World X Cup and ending Team Mexico’s dominance.

It’s been two years since the World X Cup dominated headlines in TNA Wrestling. Still, fans have continued to email us and post messages on our website asking for a return of the international event. Last month, TNA management decided to grant their wishes – announcing the return of the World X Cup.

Although the exact date of the World X Cup international tournament has yet to be officially announced, expect news of the decision here on the website in the coming weeks as we understand officials are nearing completion of their planning. Rumors have it new teams from Mexico, Japan and the UK will be taking part along with the recently completed Team USA consisting of Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal.

For more news on the upcoming World X Cup tournament, tune into “iMPACT!” every week as Team USA will be in action as they prepare for the event.

GreenGuy

GreenGuy said:
16-01-2006, 01:32 PM
People, i swear i heard on the radio in Melbourne on the "New Generation" wrestling show on SEN two or three thursdays ago that TNA is coming to our screens in April this year.

Took a while for it to be confirmed...

Shame it's only PPV's.

Misanthrope

Staff member
D'Lo certainly has a lot to offer. The WWE really missed the boat with him. He has a great in ring presence and, aside from accidentally crippling Droz, was a tireless worker for them. Bam Bam's a little less interesting. Sure, he was a big deal in ECW, but that was a loooong time ago.

Ben

Bench
Some TNA News:
  • Somoa Joe is going to head to the heavy-weight scene because it seemed that no-one in the X-Division could defeat him so it will be up to the others in the TNA Roster.
  • AJ Styles is also being scheduled to move back into the heavy-weight scene to allow other up and coming X-Division stars to shine the the X-Division
  • Rumours are circulating that Tough Enough Winner Daniel Puder has been in Contact with TNA Management
Source PW-Insider

Misanthrope

Staff member
Yeah, Samoa Joe's heavyweight push is long overdue. He's scheduled to face Sabu at Lockdown (minor spoiler) before hopefully moving into a program with Goldberg. They hinted at that on Destination X.

Good to see Styles might be back in the upper tier, he deserves it.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Seeing as TNA will be on PPV from Sacrifice onwards does that mean we will get to see the World X Cup

I'd assume so. It was presented on PPV in 2004, but that was before they had a weekly television show and storylines weren't so important.

bender

Juniors
CWBush said:
D'Lo certainly has a lot to offer. The WWE really missed the boat with him. He has a great in ring presence and, aside from accidentally crippling Droz, was a tireless worker for them. Bam Bam's a little less interesting. Sure, he was a big deal in ECW, but that was a loooong time ago.

DLo Brown:lol: You have got to be kidding he has about as much to offer as well, not many. At least Bam Bigelow brings size and historical significance from the glory days when he was the number 1 free agent.

By the way, is Goldberg wrestling in TNA?

Misanthrope

Staff member
By the way, is Goldberg wrestling in TNA?

Not yet, but he's said he is interested in having one last in ring run to erase the memory of his awful match with Lesnar at Wrestlemania. He's also said he wants to help TNA make a fist of it, much the same as Sting is doing.

what i dont understand is this love for tna, do you all have some channel where you get tna? because all we get is wwe, thats why it sucks when good wrestlers go to tna

lockyno1

Post Whore
pennywisealfie said:
what i dont understand is this love for tna, do you all have some channel where you get tna? because all we get is wwe, thats why it sucks when good wrestlers go to tna

mainevent in australia will be showing it soon. It is a different company. You can download some matches off unofficial tna sites.

Misanthrope

Staff member

A lot of us download Impact weekly (legally too, TNA's forums host the weekly shows once they've aired in the US). As of May we'll be getting TNA pay-per-views on Main Event

PARANoIR

Bench
Are we only gettings the PPVs? Or Impact aswell?

I agree with whoever said that theyll leave judgement on RVD until after mania.

I love RVD, and I make it known, but Im not gonna argue that hes been poor of late. Hes had a serious injury, been out 12 months and only been back about 7 weeks. You have to give him a chance, HHH was out for 6 mths, then when he came back, he was sh*t for like 18 mths and for that whole time people were blaming the ring rust. I hope RVD gets the same chance.

PARANoIR

Bench
Whats the point in that, it would incrase buyrate heaps if they had impact aswell.

Less people will buy the ppvs because no one will know what any of the storylines or anything are about, unless theyre internet folk.

Latest posts