What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TNA Impact Thread **Spoilers**

Misanthrope

Staff member
As far as 'international' goes it was a bit of a farce. Sabin, Williams, and Dutt (USA, Canada, and India respectively) are all regulars on the TNA roster. Only Puma (Japan) was truly 'international'.

PARANoIR

Bench
lol, yeah. They had a mexican scheduled for it, but it all fell through, so they had to throw in Sonjay Dutt.

Misanthrope

Staff member
They teased at a possible Goldberg/Samoa Joe program on the PPV as well. Jeremy Borash compared Joe's undefeated streak to that of Goldberg and Samoa Joe mocked it.

lotm

Juniors
They teased at a possible Goldberg/Samoa Joe program on the PPV as well. Jeremy Borash compared Joe's undefeated streak to that of Goldberg and Samoa Joe mocked it.
didn't you just say that samoa joe was defeated by daniels?

Misanthrope

Staff member

It wasn't a technical defeat. Ultimate X is akin to a ladder match, so Samoa Joe didn't lose it so much as Daniels won it.

PARANoIR

Bench
Ive since downloaded the PPV. And it was f**king cool. Very impressed.

When Steiner ran in at the end, the crowd absolutely erupted because it looked like he was gonna help Sting. It was great. Then they put so much sh*t on him after that.

Heavy Goldberg chants at the end aswell.

lotm said:

They emphasized it the fact that Joes record is still good.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm watching Destination X at the moment and thought I'd give my thoughts as I watched.

Match One - Alex Shelley vs. Jay Lethal
Very good, fast paced match up. I haven't caught Impact for a while so this was the first I'd seen of Lethal - TNA continue to unearth the best flyers/technical workers going around. Lethal controlled a lot of this one before Shelley picked up a victory. I'm really hoping they put Shelley up against Sting sometime soon, as I think even a loss would be tremendous for his career.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Second match is basically filler as Matt 'I'm almost Shawn Michaels' Bentley takes on Lance 'I'm...uh...sorta like Test' Hoyt. Bentley really does have a lot to like, but they either need to give him a gimmick (and finisher) that takes him away from his relationship to HBK or they need to play it up. The middle ground isn't working. Hoyt just sucks, as does this match.

In the middle there's a cut to Eric Young and Alex Shelley up in the rafters looking for Sting. Eric Young is comic gold, he reminds me of the late great Crash Holly. They paper the arena with flyers saying 'Have you seen this man?'. Funny segment that distracts Bentley and allows Hoyt to pick up the win.

Misanthrope

Staff member
The midcard matches really blew. First was The Naturals vs. Team Canada, which has been done about a billion times before. I still don't get why they've been squashing The Naturals since the got Impact. Anyway, Roode pins one of the Naturals after Eric Young hits him with a hockey stick.

Next match is LAX (Konnan, Homicide, and Machete) vs. The James Gang and Bob Armstrong. Ordinary match, easily the night's lowlight. How do you make Homicide look bad? The WWE have been creaming in their draws over him for years and he's been one of the best indy talents around. Ordinary match in which both Konnan and Armstrong never officially enter the ring. The James Gang pin Machete after triple teaming him.

Another backstage segment, this time with Young and Shelley ready to ambush Sting in the bathroom. It turns out to be AJ Styles, who says that Shelley's video camera is going to get him hurt. AJ didn't wash his hands!!!! ~HEEL TURN~

Misanthrope

Staff member
Here's some TNA news for you.

- Lockdown (the PPV featuring all cage matches) is expected to be headlined by Christian Cage (c) vs. Abyss for the NWA World Heavyweight Title, as well as featuring a 'War Games' style match between Team Jarrett and Team Sting.

I'm assuming that Team Jarrett would consist of AMW, Jeff Jarrett, and Scott Steiner - but who would team Sting be?

The World X Cup is coming up and the currently announced teams are:

Team USA - Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt, AJ Styles, and Jay Lethal
Team UK - Doug Williams, Nigel McGuinness, Jody Fleisch, and Jonny Storm
Team Japan - Jushin Liger, Black Tiger, Gedo, and Minoru Tanaka
Team Mexico - Mistico, Ultimo Guerrero, Ultimate Dragon, and Rey Bucannero

There's also supposed to be a Team NWA and Scott D'Amore insinuated there'd be another Team Canada appearance. With those workers involved, it's going to be f**king amazing

Samoa Joe is expected to get the much anticipated push into the heavyweight division, ending his lengthy stint in the X-Division. Rumours are that he'll face Sabu at Lockdown.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Talking to MrC (who works for Foxtel) and he said that he's heard that Foxtel will be showing TNA as of June. Whether this is Impact or just PPVs remains to be seen, although he mentioned Main Event - so I assume it might just be PPVs for now.

Ben

Bench
What an excellent group of wrestlers to be participating in the World X Cup. All teams have strong wrestlers that will make the event so enjoyable. After watching a couple of Doug Williams matches, i can safely say that this guy is phenomenal. I just can't wait to see him on TNA. Good to see Liger again along with Ultimo Dragon. It's been a while without watching those to go at it on TV. Also, why is Ultimo Dragon in team Mexico?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Also, why is Ultimo Dragon in team Mexico?

There's been some debate on it. Whilst he was born in Japan, he was trained in Mexico and runs his dojo there. The Ultimo Dragon character is also a Mexican style character.

Misanthrope

Staff member
It's only been hosted once before (in 2004). The teams featured were:

Team USA
Jerry Lynn
Chris Sabin
Sonjay Dutt (left midway)
Elix Skipper
Christopher Daniels (replaced Sonjay Dutt)

Team Canada
Teddy Hart (left midway)
Jack Evans (left midway)
Petey Williams
Johnny Devine
Eric Young (replaced Hart)
Bobby Roode (replaced Evans)
Ruffy Silverstein (temporary replacement for injured Devine)
A1 (replaced Devine)
Scott D'Amore

Team Mexico
Juventud (dropped from team)
Hector Garza
Abismo Negro
Mr. Aguila (Essa Rios)
Heavy Metal (replaced Juvi)
Antonio Pena (coach)

Team Japan
NOSAWA
Miyamoto
Ryuji Hijikata
Taichi Ishikara
Mitsu Hirai Jr.
Nobukazu Hirai
Ebessan
Kushinbo Kamen

Team Britain
James Mason
Robbie Dynamite
Dean Allmark
Frankie Sloan
David Taylor (coach)

Basically members of the teams face off in various singles, tag, elimination, gauntlet, rumble, and other style matches - collecting 'points' through victory. All kinds of stipulation matches featured in 2004 including a 'royal rumble', an Ultimate X match, and ladder matches.

Misanthrope

Staff member
More on TNA coming to Australian shores:

TNA Wrestling finally returns to Australia. Main Event Television have confirmed that TNA Pay Per Views will be available starting with the May 'Sacrifice' event screening on Saturday 27th May.

TNA Sacrifice will be broadcast on Saturday 27th May at 7:30am, 12:30pm and 5:30pm (EST) Main Event will also screen the 30 minute pre-show before each screening.

Event price is $21.95 and can be booked closer to the date. At this stage there is no news on any channel picking up TNA Impact. Stay tuned for more information!

SOURCE: WNA

Latest posts