What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TNA Impact Thread **Spoilers**

Misanthrope

Staff member
Whats the point in that, it would incrase buyrate heaps if they had impact aswell.

I think it's a way to test interest in the product. If they get shoddy buyrates then a network will be less interested in airing a show featuring them. For that reason, I think TNA would be smart to make sure Sacrifice has a big name card. Australia's market isn't huge, but it's still a market they need to break into.

PARANoIR

Bench
Well, judging by from what I've read Sacrifice won't go that well, if they go in with the so called planned main event being Christian v Jarrett. They need something bigger than Jarrett. Hell even Steiner, he'd get more notice taken of him than Jarrett.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I haven't heard anything about the planned Sacrifice card. I know Lockdown has the proposed card of:
Team 3-D vs. Team Canada
Samoa Joe vs. Sabu
Team Jarrett (Steiner, Jarrett, and AMW) vs. Team Sting (Sting, Rhino, Ron Killings, and AJ Styles)
Christopher Daniels vs. some Japanese import
Christian Cage (c) vs. Abyss

lockyno1

Post Whore
PARANoIR said:
Well, judging by from what I've read Sacrifice won't go that well, if they go in with the so called planned main event being Christian v Jarrett. They need something bigger than Jarrett. Hell even Steiner, he'd get more notice taken of him than Jarrett.

Problem with Jarett is like HHH, and CWB will correct me if I am wrong but he owns part of the company! It is very hard to NOT put him in the main event!

Misanthrope

Staff member
Problem with Jarett is like HHH, and CWB will correct me if I am wrong but he owns part of the company! It is very hard to NOT put him in the main event!

He did own part of the company prior to the Panda Energy buyout. Now he's just given such 'stroke' because he is a good businessman. He handles TNA's talent negotiations and such, and has been having dialogues with guys like The Rock and Chris Jericho of late.

holy crap, christian is the tna champ?

Yeah man, won it from Jarrett a while ago. He's kicking ass.

Iafeta

Referee
Jarrett may not be the best technical wrestler going around (he's not the worst wrestler either), but he made me laugh a few times towards the end of WCW with his "Choke on that, slapnuts" gimmick. Sure, he's come from an influential wrestling family, but he's no phoney.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Currently confirmed matches for TNA Lockdown (April 23rd):

Jarrett's Army vs. Sting's Army (Members to be announced) in War Games
Jarrett's army is expected to be Jeff Jarrett, Scott Steiner, and America's Most Wanted. Sting's army is expected to feature Sting and possibly Rhino and Ron Killings. The match will be in a cage with weapons suspended from the roof.

Sting lays down the challenge here:
http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=560
(Scroll to the bottom and watch the video, it's awesome)

Samoa Joe vs. Sabu

It's worth noting that every match at Lockdown utilises the cage in some way.

PARANoIR

Bench
CWBush said:
I haven't heard anything about the planned Sacrifice card. I know Lockdown has the proposed card of:

There is none. TNAs proposed main events for all of 2006 supposedly got linked. The validility of it is another thing, but if it's true, it's kind of disappointing. It also says who the champions will be etc, and personally if its true its kind of a turn off.

I wish they were showing Lockdown over here, Id get it for sure if it was. The whole idea of the whole thing being inside a cage reaches out too me.

Sabu v Joe would be insane inside a cage.

Misanthrope

Staff member
There is none. TNAs proposed main events for all of 2006 supposedly got linked. The validility of it is another thing, but if it's true, it's kind of disappointing. It also says who the champions will be etc, and personally if its true its kind of a tu

Source? I'd be keen to take a look and gauge for myself.

PARANoIR

Bench
lockyno1 said:

Yes, but Jarrett is apparently a smart businessman, and if he was that smart, he wouldn't put himself in the main event. :lol:

Credit where credits due though, even though Jarretts a c**k, if it wasn't for him and his family, there probably wouldn't be a TNA.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
CWBush said:
He did own part of the company prior to the Panda Energy buyout. Now he's just given such 'stroke' because he is a good businessman. He handles TNA's talent negotiations and such, and has been having dialogues with guys like The Rock and Chris Jericho of late.

He still owns part of it, I'm 99% sure of it.

When PPV cards feature Christopher Daniels vs "some japanese import", you know you're struggling. Nobody knows his name and he'll be facing the X Division champ on PPV? Spike TV are right to worry about lack of big names. Abyss vs Christian? That's almost as bad, Abyss is a cheap Mankind ripoff but maybe I'm missing something, what's his beef with Cage anyway? War Games would be great though, apart from that there's nothing to make it worth spending 30 bucks on.

Their biggest name has worked 2 shows, that's not good booking, not even the biggest TNA fan could say that is good booking. They won't scare WWE with Sting watching from home.

Misanthrope

Staff member
When PPV cards feature Christopher Daniels vs "some japanese import", you know you're struggling. Nobody knows his name and he'll be facing the X Division champ on PPV?

Nobody knows his name because he hasn't been announced yet, not because he's not important. For all I know it could be Jushin Liger.

PARANoIR

Bench
CWBush said:
Source? I'd be keen to take a look and gauge for myself.

Ive been looking for the article, I first found it over a month ago now. I can't seem to find it anywhere now. Still looking for it.

Im almost 100% sure its bullsh*t anyway, because I'm sure it didn't have Abyss in the main event for a few more PPVs yet.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Credit- Gerweck.net

Matt Hyson (ex Spike Dudley) will be coming in to TNA soon

Not a huge signing, but Matt/Spike does have some ability. He did some memorable stuff in the WWE (particularly his evil overlord style thing) and would spot like a bastard for the big men.

PARANoIR

Bench
LOCKDOWN SPOILER...dont scroll down if you dont wanna know (why are the spoiler tabs stuffed?)

It has been confirmed that Christopher Daniels will wrestle Jushin Thunder Lyger inside a steel cage at Lockdown!! :D

Misanthrope

Staff member
It has been confirmed that Christopher Daniels will wrestle Jushin Thunder Lyger inside a steel cage at Lockdown!!

Can I pick them or what? That should be an awesome match, and hopefully better than last year's Samoa Joe vs. Jushin Thunder Liger squash.

are we getting Lockdown on main event?

Nope, we start receiving their PPVs in May with Sacrifice.

Latest posts