What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TNA Impact Thread **Spoilers**

CJG 182

Juniors
i downloaded a match from a previous lockdown..dunno if it was last years or not and they use the cage pretty well. I'm disappointed im gonna have to Download it again.

TNA Experts! how is Jeff Hardy going these days?

Misanthrope

Staff member
TNA Experts! how is Jeff Hardy going these days?

He's been suspended after he no-showed a PPV a while back. He does do some good things in TNA (particularly in last year's Monster's Ball), but he just doesn't have the charisma or legitimacy to be a main eventer. He kind of hovers in the upper midcard like Matt Hardy does on Smackdown.

i downloaded a match from a previous lockdown..dunno if it was last years or not and they use the cage pretty well. I'm disappointed im gonna have to Download it again.

Try and find Triple X vs. America's Most Wanted. That match is the one that put TNA on the map.

PARANoIR

Bench
Thats the match where Chris Daniels did the cage walk isn't it?

Personally, I don't think Jeff's gonna be in TNA much longer, I reckon he's gonna either just leave, or he'll get fired.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Thats the match where Chris Daniels did the cage walk isn't it?

I thought it was Elix Skipper, but it's been a while since I've seen it. Was a f**king' amazing match.

Ben

Bench
It was Elix Skipper. Also try to find some Utlimate X matches if you want to see wrestling that you can never see with the WWE.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Even the relatively short Ultimate X from Destination X (including Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, and AJ Styles) has been better than any match the WWE has given us this year (possible exception being Undertaker vs. Kurt Angle - which was legimately awesome).

PARANoIR

Bench
The Ultimate X match from DX was meant to go longer, but Samoa Joe injured his eye pretty badly and they had to cut the match short.

The fact the international fourway went longer than it, was a dead giveaway.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Just finished watching this week's episode of Impact (downloadable legally from the Downloads thread of the Television section of TNA's official forum - www.tnawrestling.com) and I must say it was a hit or miss show. The six man tag match (Sabin, Dutt, and Lethal vs. Diamonds in the Rough) was ordinary, and Steiner/Jarrett vs. The Naturals was more of a squash angle than a match.

Six sides of Steel match between Team 3-D and Team Canada was quite good. Very brutal for a TV match, and both sides came out looking pretty good. Not sure what purpose having America's Most Wanted destroy Team USA (for the Ultimate X Cup) achieved.

Highlights of the night for mine were two video angles. First was Sting's promo (which I posted a link to already) which challenged Jarrett's Army to War Games at Lockdown. Second was the paparazzi productions video that saw James Mitchell stalking Christian's wife to set up the Abyss vs. Cage title match at Lockdown.

I love Alex Shelley's gimmick. It sounded stupid that he would tape stuff as a gimmick, but it's managed to elevate him into an upper midcard style heel role when the suspensions of Roderick Strong & Austin Aries could have hurt his credibility. Whilst he's not feuding with big guns, the fact is he's getting more exposure than any other X-Division guy (notable exception being Joe, who won't be X-Division after Lockdown) and it could lead to some good, high profile matches for him.

Current Confirmed Lockdown Card
Team Jarrett vs. Team Sting in War Games

Bullet Bob Armstrong vs. Konnan (Arm-Wrestling)

Samoa Joe vs. Sabu

Christopher Daniels vs. Jushin Liger

Should be Added Soon
Christian Cage (c) vs. Abyss

Team 3-D vs. America's Most Wanted/Team Canada

Ben

Bench
SATURDAY NIGHT ON “iMPACT!” ON SPIKE TV
Sting live in the Impact Zone, the conclusion to Shelley’s video and more!

The road to the Lockdown Pay-Per-View spectacular continues this Saturday night on “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV, as more matches will be announced for the epic event! In addition, all of your favorite TNA stars will be in attendance. The preview for Saturday’s “iMPACT!” is as follows:

STING MAKES HIS RETURN TO THE IMPACT ZONE!
Following his recent challenge to Jeff Jarrett to face his team at Lockdown, Sting has informed TNA management he is making his return to the Impact Zone in Orlando this Saturday night on SpikeTV! It will be Sting’s return to the arena – but the question is, what plans does he have in mind for Jarrett and his crew? Will war break out before the Lockdown Pay-Per-View? Will Sting reveal his Lockdown team? Tune in this Saturday night on SpikeTV to see The Man In Black return!

“LETHAL LOCKDOWN” CAGE MATCH TO BE REVEALED
TNAwrestling.com has also learned that Saturday night on “iMPACT!”, TNA management will reveal the “Lethal Lockdown” structure – the arena of warfare for Sting and Jarrett’s teams at the Pay-Per-View! For the bout, TNA will be adding a roof and weapons to the Six Sides of Steel, making it impossible to escape. Tune in this Saturday to see a sneak preview of the Lethal Lockdown!

THE CONCLUSION OF ALEX SHELLEY’S LATEST VIDEO – FEATURING CHRISTIAN CAGE’S WIFE DENISE!
Alex Shelley has invaded the privacy of another TNA star – this time, it’s NWA World Heavyweight Champion Christian Cage! This past week, Shelley premiered his latest “Paparazzi Productions” film, featuring James Mitchell confronting Christian’s wife Denise! This Saturday night, Shelley plans to show the conclusion of the video – but he and Mitchell aren’t commenting on what the footage is! What else is on the tape? More importantly, how will Christian Cage react to all of this? Tune in to “iMPACT!” to find out as this controversial situation continues to escalate!

MAIN EVENT: WINNER GETS A SHOT AT THE X DIVISION TITLE
FOUR-WAY X DIVISION MATCH
“The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe vs. Alex Shelley vs. Chris Sabin vs. “The Original Playa From The Himalaya” Sonjay Dutt
Four of TNA’s top X Division kingpins will be in action in the main event this Saturday night on “iMPACT!” in a four-way match with the winner earning an X Division Title shot against “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels! Will Shelley debut his new video AND win a title shot? Will Samoa Joe get his rematch for the gold? Or, will Team USA members Chris Sabin or Sonjay Dutt earn a crack at the championship?

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
Champions America’s Most Wanted vs. The James Gang
TNA management has announced that this Saturday night on “iMPACT!” the NWA World Tag Team Title will be on the line as America’s Most Wanted defend against The James Gang! Can BG and Kip James finally capture the tag team gold here in TNA or will AMW continue to dominate the ranks? Will “Bullet Bob” be on hand to counter any underhanded tactics from Gail Kim? The tag team championship will be up for grabs this Saturday night as two of TNA’s top tandems collide for the first time!

All this and much more Saturday night on “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV, including more news on the April 23 “Lockdown” Pay-Per-View! Don’t forget –“iMPACT!” moves to Thursday nights at 11pm starting April 13!
Sounds like it will be a better Impact that last week. There are three things i am really looking forward to this week on Impact. Firstly, X-Division Main Event is going to be awesome. The four there will work brilliantly. Dutt has the high-flying ability, Joe is the powerhouse, Shelley is a very unorthodox wrestler and Sabin can hit just about anything.

Secondly, i am anticipating what the ring is going to look like for Team Jarrett VS Team Sting. Sounds like it will be a six sided cell with weapons hanging off it somehow. Finally, the tape will surely be intriguing.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm also intrigued as to who will form Team Sting. Whilst it seems likely they'll go with guys like AJ Styles, Ron Killings, and Rhino (who currently have no involvement in major storylines) - I really do hope they make some use of his 'Jarrett isn't the only one with a speed dial' comment. With Jarrett's speed dial resulting in a Steiner debut, it'd be absolutely awesome to see Sting debut an ally on Lockdown.

Ben

Bench
I heard that Goldberg might do a short stint with TNA after he was disappointed with how he left the pro-wrestling through the WWE. Maybe it will be Jarrett and Steiner VS Sting and Goldberg.

Misanthrope

Staff member
If it's War Games it'll be four on four, with workers coming out one by one after the first two.

Apparently Jarrett's team will be Steiner, Jarrett, and probably AMW (apparently Team 3-D will face Team Canada again at Lockdown, which seems odd). I've heard rumours that Team Sting will be Sting, AJ Styles, Rhino, and Ron Killings. Not a bad team necessarily, but it just feels like they've thrown in guys they've got nothing else to do with.

Goldberg's debut is expected to be in some kind of feud with the undefeated Samoa Joe.

Ben

Bench
Goldberg's debut is expected to be in some kind of feud with the undefeated Samoa Joe.
If Somoa Joe loses his winning streak to Goldberg it will be disgraceful. I don't know who the first man to score the first pin or submission victory will be, but it shouldn't be Goldberg.

Misanthrope

Staff member
TNA Sacrifice will be broadcast on Saturday 27th May at 7:30am, 12:30pm and 5:30pm (EST) Main Event will also screen the 30 minute pre-show before each screening.

Event price is $21.95 and can be booked closer to the date. At this stage there is no news on any channel picking up TNA Impact. Stay tuned for more information!

Good to see we won't need to pay an arm and a leg for their PPVs.

PARANoIR

Bench
CWBush said:
Do you watch much TNA?

I watch enough to know that they job Sonjay Dutt out more times then they put him over, and that they can't call him a kingpin because he doesn't go over enough. Simple.

Misanthrope

Staff member
He's a member of Team USA in the World X Cup, so he's been going over a fair bit recently. In fact, most of his matches are multi-man tags.

People from Midway were in Orlando, FL this week working on the upcoming TNA video game that will be released in 2007. They plan to take photos of the wrestlers today and also of the venue so they can incorporate the Impact Zone into the game

Not sure if you were all aware, but TNA will have a video game. I know I'll buy it. AJ Styles and Samoa Joe! *Creams*

Latest posts