What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TNA Impact Thread **Spoilers**

lockyno1

Post Whore
TNA fans, there is a TNA video game that is coming out late this year, simalr mode to the RAW vs Smackdown

Misanthrope

Staff member
CWBush said:
He's a member of Team USA in the World X Cup, so he's been going over a fair bit recently. In fact, most of his matches are multi-man tags.

Not sure if you were all aware, but TNA will have a video game. I know I'll buy it. AJ Styles and Samoa Joe! *Creams*

I beat you!

PARANoIR

Bench
Its actually due for release start of next year now, they've put it back.

Ive seen the Screen shots for it and it doesn't look too bad.

Ill be released on everything. Xbox 360, PS2, PS3 blah blah blah.

And bush - exactly, dutts been going over in Multi man tag matches which is good because I like him, but he can't be called a serious contender for the x title unless they give him some wins.

Misanthrope

Staff member
How about the prime advertising position given to TNA right after an ordinary Mania? Perfect time to catch disillusioned fans.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Some disappointing news on the World X Cup, with TNA deciding to go with just four teams and choosing to eliminate the English team. I was really looking forward to seeing Nigel McGuinness and Doug Williams in TNA.

Once Dead

Bench
CWBush said:
Just finished watching this week's episode of Impact (downloadable legally from the Downloads thread of the Television section of TNA's official forum - www.tnawrestling.com) and I must say it was a hit or miss show. The six man tag match (Sabin, Dutt, and Lethal vs. Diamonds in the Rough) was ordinary, and Steiner/Jarrett vs. The Naturals was more of a squash angle than a match.

Six sides of Steel match between Team 3-D and Team Canada was quite good. Very brutal for a TV match, and both sides came out looking pretty good. Not sure what purpose having America's Most Wanted destroy Team USA (for the Ultimate X Cup) achieved.

Highlights of the night for mine were two video angles. First was Sting's promo (which I posted a link to already) which challenged Jarrett's Army to War Games at Lockdown. Second was the paparazzi productions video that saw James Mitchell stalking Christian's wife to set up the Abyss vs. Cage title match at Lockdown.

I love Alex Shelley's gimmick. It sounded stupid that he would tape stuff as a gimmick, but it's managed to elevate him into an upper midcard style heel role when the suspensions of Roderick Strong & Austin Aries could have hurt his credibility. Whilst he's not feuding with big guns, the fact is he's getting more exposure than any other X-Division guy (notable exception being Joe, who won't be X-Division after Lockdown) and it could lead to some good, high profile matches for him.

Current Confirmed Lockdown Card
Team Jarrett vs. Team Sting in War Games

Bullet Bob Armstrong vs. Konnan (Arm-Wrestling)

Samoa Joe vs. Sabu

Christopher Daniels vs. Jushin Liger

Should be Added Soon
Christian Cage (c) vs. Abyss

Team 3-D vs. America's Most Wanted/Team Canada

CW-could you pass on the exact download link...or is it the YouTube link to videos? If I can download them onto my media player then I am going to freakin' start ordering the ppvs and start getting into wrasslin' since WCW

Once Dead

Bench
Sorry CW........found it, just re-read your post.....cannot wait to see this man!

I haven't been this pumped for wrestling in years...

Once Dead

Bench
Man, what can I say?

Not super great but definitely got the blood pumping again....wasn't worth screwing up my portable media player though in order to try and play the file which I will now have to send back to the freakin' manufacturer! Argh, but nothing would be due to the inconvenience

I thoroughly enjoyed the show....it was just packed with wrestling and the videos / promos were kept to a minimum....the 1hr package is great, everything needs to be on and ready to go, great stuff.....you definitely get the old WCW style feel.....Tenay is still a great commentator.....would have liked the crowd to react a bit more re: Sting and the save but I am definitely hooked.....I try and watch Raw and Smackdown, but being a WCW man through and through, it ain't the same...

For the record, as far as monetarily and download limit possible I will buy the PPVs and download the weekly show religiously! I've missed wrestling for far too long.....you know you miss something when you screw up your media player trying to get it to play a video of a weekly wrestling show lol.......a key thing this time though....I won't read anything but what I find on the TNA website...finding out the backstage info re: WCW killed the fun for me...I want to be blissfully ignorant and to be surprised each week

Misanthrope

Staff member
I won't read anything but what I find on the TNA website...finding out the backstage info re: WCW killed the fun for me...I want to be blissfully ignorant and to be surprised each week

Yeah, it certainly has taken a lot of the 'magic' out of wrestling for me knowing all the backstage gossip. I guess that means from now on I'd best mark spoilers in here. Wouldn't want you deprived of all conversation on it :lol:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Just watched this past weekend's episode of Impact, was very good. A little angle heavy for my liking, but all of them were necessary. Loved the Christian Cage/Abyss interaction (although it's a pity he wasn't on the show proper) and the segment between Sting and Jarrett was certainly cool. I think it's obvious that the team will be Sting, Ron Killings, Rhino, and AJ Styles. I hope to god they go over too, coz Team Jarrett isn't exactly talented :lol:

TNA's programming has come so far since Impact started. It used to be that the entire show would be matches (which isn't a bad thing) and there was no story. Very few of the X-Division guys had a personality and the main event was all Jarrett. It's improved out of sight.

Ben

Bench
I started watching Impact right when Christian decided to jump ship. He was my favourite wrestler at the time and when i heard about another Promotion call TNA, i thought, what the heck, i'll give it a go for a month or two and then see if it is really worth watching. You can pretty much make your own conclusions on what happened next.

A Sting, Ron Killings, Rhino and AJ Syles team would be brilliant. But if that is the team, how are they going to get over with the angle, that Sting has speeddial as well.

Misanthrope

Staff member
A Sting, Ron Killings, Rhino and AJ Syles team would be brilliant. But if that is the team, how are they going to get over with the angle, that Sting has speeddial as well.

They could just claim that he had their numbers on speed dial. You don't need the person to be a debuting worker for them to be on his speed dial. It'd just be cooler than way :lol:

PARANoIR

Bench
TNA getting another fair plug during smackdown today.

Ill be interested to see how many people purchase it that dont know anything about tna.

Ben

Bench
Have they released the prices for the TNA PPV's yet? Because i don't really want to pay $29.95 which was the price for WrestleMania.

Latest posts