What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TNA Impact Thread **Spoilers**

Misanthrope

Staff member
Yeah, $21.95 is the price that they're saying over at the TNA forums and in the announcements I've seen.

Eelectrica

Referee
Happy I'm with Austar then because $21.95 has been the price for all PPV's including Wrestlemania.
Be interesting to see what Austar charges for the TNA PPV's, some of which I would have got had they been available.

Once Dead

Bench
Just a suggestion........if Fox isn't going to carry Impact! then why couldn't they simply steer fans to download the weekly shows with a short ad showing how to...e.g. going to the website and downloading it LEGALLY.......i guess, since its legal, it makes it much more palatable for Fox to do......it would support the buys......

Misanthrope

Staff member
It's an option. Hopefully the TNA broadcast crew are aware of Australia not having Impact and can slip it in during their welcome to the show proper.

Ben

Bench
I think it will come eventually. FOX are just seeing what the buy-rates are for the PPV and if they get significant numbers they will contemplate Impact. It's pretty much all up to the people to buy the PPV.

Once Dead

Bench
CWBush said:
It's an option. Hopefully the TNA broadcast crew are aware of Australia not having Impact and can slip it in during their welcome to the show proper.

Hopefully!

Waiting for the download to be put up is frustrating.....cannot wait much longer for this week's!

Ben

Bench
Some not so good news about TNA Lockdown:

Mike Johnson of PWInsider.com is reporting that Jushin "Thunder" Liger will no longer be competing at TNA's Lockdown PPV on April 23. Liger was scheduled to face X Division Champion Christopher Daniels at the event.

Based on what is known, a communication problem reportedly took place and New Japan had Liger booked for a tour the week he was scheduled to travel to the United States for the TNA PPV. We are hearing that the error was not made by TNA, but rather someone in the New Japan party.

TNA has already removed the match from the Lockdown section of their website and it is possible they could make an announcement regarding the match at the TV tapings tonight in Orlando, FL at Universal Studios. It is pretty much a given the title will be defended at the show. What capacity it will be defended it remains to be seen.
I was really hoping to see Jushin Thunder Liger because he is such an amazing wrestler. But now this. I wonder who is going to face Christopher Daniels now?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Just finished watching Saturday night's episode of Impact. For those who have seen it, or who have yet to, here's discussion!

Opening match saw Abyss battling AJ Styles, proof that Styles can have a good match with anybody. Abyss won by DQ after Christian Cage made his return to save Styles from being exposed to 'thousands and thousands of thumb-tacks'.

Konnan and Bullet Bob Armstrong's arm-wrestling contest went nowhere after Hernandez re-debuted as a member of LAX and hit Armstrong from behind just as he looked like winning. Dud segment, really.

Shark Boy & Normal Smiley vs. Diamonds in the Rough never happened. Scott Steiner and AMW came out to beat the piss out of the former team. Smiley took a savage beating.

Alex Shelley defeated a returning Roderick Strong & Chase Stevens to take the 4th spot on Team USA. Was a pretty good match, and Stevens certainly surprised me. I'd have assumed that his long tag relationship with Douglas was perhaps to hide his wrestling weaknesses. He looked good. Shelley won after blind-siding his sometime ally, Strong, and hitting Sliced Bread #2.

I like Shelley's addition to the team, as he's now a heel with three babyfaces. Makes for an interesting dynamic, and we'll not be sure where his allegiances lie.

Sting came out to challenge Jarrett to a match on this Thursday's show, which would be his first televised wrestling match since the death of Nitro. Jarrett didn't accept but came out with his army to attack Sting. The arrival of many TNA stars (including Rhino, Styles, and Killings) sent Jarrett's Army packing.

-------------
MATCHES FOR THURSDAY

Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels (c) for the X-Division Title

America's Most Wanted vs. Team 3-D in a Street Fight

Jeff Jarrett vs. Sting (??)

CURRENT LOCKDOWN CARD

Team Jarrett (Scott Steiner, Jeff Jarrett, and America's Most Wanted) vs. Team Sting (Sting, AJ Styles, Ron Killings, and Rhino) in a Lethal Lockdown

Christian Cage (c) vs. Abyss for the NWA World Heavyweight Title

Team 3-D vs. Team Canada in an Anthem Match

'Bullet' Bob Armstrong vs. Konnan in an Arm-Wrestling match

Samoa Joe (c) vs. Sabu for the X-Division Title

Expect more to be added as the pay-per-view nears

Ben

Bench
I liked this week's Impact and it seems like it will be an even better Impact next thursday.

Ben

Bench
TNA will be undergoing a format change starting with the debut edition of iMPACT! tomorrow night on Thursday (TNA's new night) on Spike TV. For now at least, TNA will be doing without needless squash matches and will instead focus on longer matches and major angles leading into their monthly PPV events. Tomorrow's show will be a perfect example of this.

Although plans to bring in Jushin "Thunder" Liger for the Lockdown PPV on April 23 didn't work out as reported earlier, TNA still plans on using him down the line.

Due to Liger no longer being able to compete at Lockdown, the reported new plan for Lockdown is for Christopher Daniels to face a mystery opponent.
This is great news for TNA. The new Thursday Night Impact will mean more great PPV style matches for TNA.

Once Dead

Bench
I liked this week's show but I can definitely see what they may be doing wrong, but i'll keep my opinions to myself...I really haven't watched wrestling intensely in so long

Anyone know when you can order the PPV........i'll order it next week if poss

Misanthrope

Staff member
Anyone know when you can order the PPV........i'll order it next week if poss

We don't get Lockdown downunder. If you want to see it you'll have to do it the good, old fashioned illegal way.

We start getting TNA pay-per-views in March with Sacrifice.

Once Dead

Bench
CWBush said:
We don't get Lockdown downunder. If you want to see it you'll have to do it the good, old fashioned illegal way.

We start getting TNA pay-per-views in March with Sacrifice.

Bummer, oh well, just have to wait

Once Dead

Bench
Impact was pretty good this week......was a little confused about how opening the show with a match in progress would go, but it worked beautifully.......the main event seemed to be a dud but it was actually a good laugh and nice touch - TNA still needs to do run-ins much better tho!

The crowd was pumped for it and I am glad about that, the crowd makes an event!

Misanthrope

Staff member
Really enjoyable show. The opening clash was pay-per-view quality and seeing titles change hands on a weekly showis always a nice surprise. Really couldn't have gone any other way with Liger out and Samoa Joe undefeated.

Street Fight was enjoyable, although it's pretty much all Team 3-D has done since debuting. Was a surprise to see Brother Runt (Spike) debut. f**k, has he shrunk?

Main event was good fun. I expected the Showtime Eric Young announcement early on, but it's all good. Young is hilarious to watch, and the match itself was enjoyable for what it was. The worst kept secret ever was Sting's team, we've all basically known for a month.

The Lethal Lockdown should be awesome. I missed War Games!

Ben

Bench
Was a surprise to see Brother Runt (Spike) debut. f**k, has he shrunk?
That's exactly what i thought as well. He looks tiny and his arms look like they could snap from an arm bar.

Once Dead

Bench
Just a q......are Raven and D-Lo Brown still with TNA? Can't find any info on their current status although I assume that Brown is long gone from TNA

Ben

Bench
Raven is still there but he is currently involved in a story-line with him being fired. But it is rumoured he is coming back soon in a hair vs hair match with larry Zybyzko.

Latest posts