What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TNA Impact Thread **Spoilers**

Has anyone been able to find the TNA 2-hour prime time special that aired tonight in the U.S to download? Sounds like a hot show.

Misanthrope

Staff member
It might take a day or so before it's up. Bear in mind that Thursday night for them is around midday for us, so the show hasn't been finished that long.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Word is that Christian has already signed a TNA contract and could be appearing on TNA programming in the very near future.

lockyno1

Post Whore
chriswalkerbush said:
Word is that Christian has already signed a TNA contract and could be appearing on TNA programming in the very near future.

Heard it this morning. Very happy.:D

Misanthrope

Staff member
TNA's prime-time special did a rather disappointing rating of 0.9 (meaning only a .1 improvement on their late night Saturday slot), but many are saying it's pretty good considering the special was only announced last week.

Spike TV have announced two more prime time specials for the year.

lockyno1

Post Whore
CWB, I am new to TNA and I know the WWE more but can you tell me what are the major PPV'S in TNA, ie. their Wrestlemania, Summerslam, Royal Rumble, etc.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm fairly new to them myself, but I can tell you a few of them.

Final Resolution - January
Bound for Glory - October (Their equivalent to Wrestlemania)
Genesis - November
Turning Point - December

Aside from that you'd be better off checking out their website. Believe it or not, I've only been watching about two months. It's not taken long to convert me :lol:

lockyno1

Post Whore
chriswalkerbush said:
I'm fairly new to them myself, but I can tell you a few of them.

Final Resolution - January
Bound for Glory - October (Their equivalent to Wrestlemania)
Genesis - November
Turning Point - December

Aside from that you'd be better off checking out their website. Believe it or not, I've only been watching about two months. It's not taken long to convert me :lol:

Thanks, I'll look around for the others. I'm going to get the PPV's next year as I am almost certainly moving to the US with my fiance' who is from Califormia (LA). I'll still be on League Unlimited though.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Thanks, I'll look around for the others. I'm going to get the PPV's next year as I am almost certainly moving to the US with my fiance' who is from Califormia (LA). I'll still be on League Unlimited though.

Damn, I'm jealous of that. Would love to be able to get to a few PPVs (WWE, TNA, or whatever). The American wrestling scene is phenomenal.

lockyno1

Post Whore
chriswalkerbush said:
Damn, I'm jealous of that. Would love to be able to get to a few PPVs (WWE, TNA, or whatever). The American wrestling scene is phenomenal.

I'll be happy to send them to you once I watch them, as I won't have to work that much as my fiance' owns a large sufing store, well her dad does and she owns a few stores (Surf City, you may have heard of it). I'll post them on league unlimited (probally off rapidshare). Cheers.

I am looking forward to heading to the US probally in March or April.

Misanthrope

Staff member
That'd be sweet, mate.

In the meantime, I've got a contact in Victoria who will burn a month's worth of Impact plus the monthly PPV to DVD and mail it out for just $15 (including postage). That's what I plan to do for the time being.

lockyno1

Post Whore
chriswalkerbush said:
That'd be sweet, mate.

In the meantime, I've got a contact in Victoria who will burn a month's worth of Impact plus the monthly PPV to DVD and mail it out for just $15 (including postage). That's what I plan to do for the time being.

I'll give you the dates closer to when I leave. I can't wait to go to a few WWE events but more importantly I really want to see TNA especially AJ Styles and Christian. Jarrett is not bad from what I have seen, solid worker.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Holy crap. Has anyone seen the primetime special from last Thursday yet? It's available for download from TNA's forums and it is, thus far, amazing. So far we've had two six man tag matches, one ordinary (Jeff Hardy/Sabu/Lance Hoyt vs. The Diamonds in the Rough) but the one I just saw (AJ Styles/Sonjay Dutt/Austin Aries vs. Christopher Daniels/Alex Shelley/Samoa Joe) has got to be one of the best tag matches I've seen in my life. Went for about ten minutes, but it felt like longer. So many tremendous athletes in this.

There was also a pretty good Monty Brown promo on Jeff Jarrett, they're slowly turning The Alpha Male face, and I'm loving it. The poor guy he was scheduled to squash had to endure the Pounce three times, because the crowd just kept asking for 'One more time'.

I'll feel bad for Monty Brown if Christian's debut robs him of his feud with Jarrett. They've been building towards it for quite some time, and I've personally been looking forward to it.

GreenGuy

That'd be sweet, mate.

Is that a mates special? cos if not, i'm interested, and i also live in VIC which would make things easier...

Misanthrope

Staff member
Is that a mates special? cos if not, i'm interested, and i also live in VIC which would make things easier...

Nah man, PM me and I'll give you his details. He'd be happy for the business.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Without providing any major spoilers for TNA Genisis (which took place this morning, our time) - it can be revealed that Christian (of WWE fame) was the mysterious new signing. Thankfully he will go under the name Christian Cage, since I couldn't bear that Chris Jin bullsh*t people were suggesting.

I stopped reading the spoilers once I saw his name, as I want his debut to feel new. But apparently he's a face, and he ripped right into the WWE. Something to the effect of 'I didn't come here to watch grown men dress as doctors and pull things out of people's asses'

Misanthrope

Staff member
Genisis Results

Now, I've not seen this yet, so I'll leave a more detailed review for later. For now, however, here are results from the latest TNA pay-per-view which was, by all accounts, f**king awesome.

Diamonds in the Rough (Elix Skipper, Eric Young, and Simon Diamond) defeated Lance Hoyt and The Naturals

Raven defeated PJ Polaco (aka Justin Credible)

3LK (Ron Killings, BG James, and Konnan) defeated Team Canada (Bobby Roode, A-1, and David Young)

After the match Christian made his debut. I don't know specifics but he got asked to join Team Canada, ragged on the WWE, and said he wanted to be champion.

Monty Brown defeated Jeff Hardy to become #1 Contender

Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, Alex Shelley, and Roderick Strong defeated Chris Sabin, Matt Bentley, Austin Aries, and Sonjay Dutt in an Elimination Tag match after Daniels hit the Angels Wings on Sabin. After the match Samoa Joe beat the f**k out of Daniels.

Abyss defeated Sabu in a No DQ Match

AJ Styles defeated Petey Williams to retain the X-Division Title

Team 3-D and Rhino defeated Jeff Jarrett and America's Most Wanted

After the match the usual huge run in from Team Canada ensued, and then Christian rushed out in Team Canada gear. He delivered the Unprettier to Team Canada leader, Scott D'Amore.

Latest posts